Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soil - Black Jerry 2014

Re: Pukingpanda's First Grow - Soi l - Black Jerry 2014

I like the way you did the bambo to support your girl and it is amazing how much stress they can take and come back for more. Looks like you are well on your way. Sorry I don't have any advice on the bottom feeding as I have never done it but will be watching to see how it works out for ya. I still got to know.... What's up with the puking????....:circle-of-love:

Haha it's a myriad of things that went into my handle. I use cannibis to help me eat I have a lot of morning sickness(I'm male and pretty sure I'm not pregnant) and nausea also I used to have a friend who's dad's air force squad was the puking Felix's(Felix the cat). A friend picked the handle out for me knowing these things and went with panda cause there are actually a fair amount of pictures of rainbow puking pandas on google..... I'll post a better pick of the bamboo because those pictures are from before I fixed him.

Had the day off today so I cleaned up my garden area and finagled a new watering set up. Also got all the little green saucers out of there and replaced them with another white tray. I really like these big washer trays for when you dont have a lot of room to spare between pots.
photo_2367.JPG

inside there are two pumps a 290 gal per hour pump on at all times to keep things rolling around in it and I use it to empty and fill the tank when I need to clean it also use a 160gal per hour one that is the yellow(so i don't accidentally leave it on) chord hanging on my power supply.
photo_3298.JPG

Here are a few more shots of the garden
photo_5165.JPG
photo_4240.JPG
photo_3299.JPG
photo_5164.JPG

Here are a few more shots of the bamboo supports on the kinked girl.

photo_2368.JPG

I left the kink in some because I like the way it is growing now but, I didn't want to let it sit on the kink and strangle its food supply.

photo_4239.JPG

Here is the sickly girl I gave her some fox farm boomerang today 5ml in 1/2 gal we will see if she can come back from whatever has her feeling down.
photo_1429.JPG

Currently finalizing the plans for my flower room trying to decide between going with two 1200s or two 900s for the mars II LEDS.

Hey man just checking in, looks like god some good plants in big pots already. I assume have a long veg? I like the choice of 2X900, that should do you good with multiple strains and differing heights. If i missed it sorry, but what is size of your flower space?

Hey man just checking in, looks like god some good plants in big pots already. I assume have a long veg? I like the choice of 2X900, that should do you good with multiple strains and differing heights. If i missed it sorry, but what is size of your flower space?

right now I'm not 100% sure I am thinking of starting with the two LED panels in an 8' x 8' space probably only use half the room to start though. They are in the 7 gallons right now because some of the unknown clones came with a few of them. I am thinking about next time using the 5gallons for flower..... I think the littler ones i have are 3 gal but I'm not sure. This run will be a long veg because I just want to give myself time to get everything just the way I want it and all that good stuff. My goal with the panels regardless of which wattage is about a lb a plan hopefully.... I really love your journals keep up the good work Crawdaddy

Also for everyones viewing pleasure here are a couple pictures of half my "pest" infestation- He really loves the warmth of the veg space and the little vibration from the pumps.

gard_doggie1.JPG

I like the way you did the bambo to support your girl and it is amazing how much stress they can take and come back for more. Looks like you are well on your way. Sorry I don't have any advice on the bottom feeding as I have never done it but will be watching to see how it works out for ya. I still got to know.... What's up with the puking????....:circle-of-love:

Hey again Dennise also as per the bottom feeding I am going to attempt it next grow maybe as a comparison with a few different options
right now my plan(in my head) for this experiment will be all in 3 gal plants and a short 2-3 week veg then flower. One plant will be watered and fed from the top(control), one fed from the top and watered only from the bottom(im thinking salt build up might be an issue with that one, one plant will be watered only from the top and fed through the bottom and then one will of course be fed and watered at the same time. Also I plan on just using my normal nute routine on them and see how it runs. Always interested in things like that.

Also thank you so much again for your looking out my growurnal(I don't think growurnal will catch on even though I think it is so fetch)

Hey king welcome to the circle. You can sit left of whoever is holding the J right now. I' agree that bottom feeding probabably will be detrimental to the plants. Going to run the experiment though just so I can back it up and it isn't a study I think I have found.

And craw daddy that dog is basically just a 100lb breathing snoring paperweight but man do we love him. Also have a littler brindle girl who's just the apple of my eye.... Or top bud of the batch?

Why do you have my dog. Actually it is my son's dog but I have him cause my boys are in the Army but so help me he looks exactly like that!!! And he too is just a big ol' paper weight.... Your plants are looking great. I still think your sickly girl is just suffering from over watering and will pick back up. When it comes to things like that the only thing I know to do is use the K.I.S.S. system and let them work it out for themselves then if it doesn't work I scream real loud for King or someone like that to help me..........:circle-of-love:

The soil the sickly one is just like dirt almost feeling... Haven't given her any water except for the half gallon since I got her so she should be bouncing back enough for a transplant any day. She looked better this morning with some new growth.

:popcorn:

CFLs are good for vegging but I would say better lighting is needed for flowering. My 1st harvest was done completely under CFLs with low yields. Cultivator suggested I upgrade to better lighting during Bloom and I already see the difference.

Looking good in here Panda.

Just checked on the room 35% humidity 72 degrees clones are digging it now and I put them between the big plants. All good in panda landa so we're up to eleven the little unknown one is back in a small pot cause it was just in the way... She will produce something or.... Idk to medicated to think of something haha. Thanks for the props everyone and I will be sure to look through all of your journals 100% if I haven't already. So much knowledge to go through so little time to read.

Got to make sure the timer was actually working today, right now they are on 20/4 cycle. Might be taking a couple black jerry clones tomorrow... got a clone dome and tray fit in my garden in a pretty cool way... its going to get a heating pad underneath but just a normal one in a plastic bag sealed with some tape to avoid any H2O that might drip its way... I have it floating with some cool ghetto fabrication that I will also include in the post. Couldn't afford much for the way of mediums and I still am missing a pH meter for my water so I soaked the little grow cubes I got in about a gal of my bubbled water with a few drops of the fox farm boomerang. I've also acquired some rooting hormone for the maybe, potential clones.
Going to start thinking perpetually...

Does anyone have an idea how often I should change the water in that reservoir? I am moving it at about 40gal an hour with just a smaller pump in it I keep that on all the time because I want it to be bubbled and peoples tell me Co water is good if you let the chlorine evaporate out. I changed it today after pouring some to soak the grow cubes and watering the Tahoe Og girls about a cup and a half each around the sides just to help settle the soil they look great though.

Word on the block is that the flower room construction is still a couple weeks away but stay tuned and Ill try and have lots of photos to keep you entertained.

Have a happy Shatterday everyone and don't just dab it all away!

I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants give at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most. You should change your reservoir every 7-10 days, you can use the add back method and add pH adjusted water until you change the reservoir.

Sounds good I will give it a try.... Thought I was going to have a little cloning station to show everyone but it is a paycheck or so away because I need a new light for it. The sick plant is back to doing well after getting transplanted from what was like a mix of 25% dirt and 75% perlite It was like packed into the bottom of the pot though so it wouldn't drain. One of the unknown plant is BLOWING UP after giving 7/8 of my bigger pots a full strength feeding. All looks great in my garden right now though.

I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants give at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most. You should change your reservoir every 7-10 days, you can use the add back method and add pH adjusted water until you change the reservoir.

Trying the 18/6 schedule starting today. They are sleeping right now so I will post pictures after they wake up.

Back
Top Bottom