QB, MH, HPS, T5, LED New Fast Hybrids, BBxC99xFast, WhiteWidowxFast, #1SkunkxFast, FastChilly Perpetual Tent City, Clone To Harvest

Meanwhile back in the little veg waiting room

Things are going good back with the girls.
Check out #1skunk x fast
I think she's gonna be my fave. I've grown a lot of skunk and skunk hybrids over the years and it's my all time fave strain to grow. If anyone remembers early skunk, it was guaranteed a sea of females, no fem seeds needed. Absolutely loved it back in the day.
For me, it's still all about the roots. I'm not overly fussed about growth, I just want to see this prolific root mass while seeing the first signs of it becoming root bound within the pot.

I topped her just before starting this journal and she's gone nuts up top.
She's going to be hard to contain but doing that under t5s is easy and i'll get onto that later

The rest are a mixed bag as you would expect from such diff hybrids.

My keen eye is starting to see the first signs of an issue.
Some deficiencies. I've checked my ph and ec and due to the organic nature of much of my nute line, the ph has swung up to 6.7ph. I put ph to 6.1, add 1 ml of CMX and 1 ml of flora micro. essentially i just gave it cal,mag,iron,nit,pot and some more macro nutes and brought up ec to 1.5
Only the plants with large leaves are showing the deficiencies so i do the dreaded.....

defoliating
yes, i know, often the start of a lively discussion.
Many don't realise there are many many reasons to defoliate.

There's no need to do it when growing the same strain but in this case, I need the rez to be able to not overfeed the little ones and not cause deficiencies within the big ones. Furthermore, the stress of defoliating can and will stress them also helping to slow down growth.
I hope this clears that up

Defoliating is only for very experienced growers who understand a plant's needs throughout the entire cycle of its life including any other stresses it may be under or expecting or recovering from at any time of its life.

See the droopy leaf on the one in the middle. It's the Skywalker OG. I know from experience that its a heavy feeder so I've removed those droopy leaves along with a few other on dif plants including BBxC99 and more OGs.

I've also gone ahead and topped a few more that were getting too big.

Ive gone ahead and binned a spare skywalker

I've got one spare left which will probs get the boot in the next few days as I start to round down upon the final 10. It's just another
SkyOG anyways.

Up next, more monitoring of rooms, clones day 3, checking in on large veg room and getting ready to harvest final bloom room.
Busy Busy Busy.
I'll try to keep up on the journal but slightly behind on clone posting by 12 hours atm

Meanwhile in my Veg tent

Things are going well. Im light stressing them slightly to stunt vertical growth as i start to increase the dark hours by 15 min every day until i go from 18/6 into 16/8, They become less stressed with less light hours overall.
They're under 2 400w MH and a 266QB

Im also limiting a little N aswell atm to slow down growth. They need to stay small cause they will be in here for at least a week and a half.

Meanwhile in my bloom tent

Moneymaker is ripening up nicely. We have had a few collapses in there but they seem to be holding each other up for the most. Don't get me wrong, if I go in there and move them then they will all have to be steaked, so, for now, I'm just gonna save myself the work and just leave them.
I'll probs cut them in a week, currently just getting ph water.
IMG_20190526_223754.jpg

TIMBERRR!!!!

Its a jungle out there

The foreground plants are SkyOG, They are doing well and will be ready in 3 weeks. Getting my late bloom feed which ill go into when the journal takes us there.

I got the new Mars TS 1000 as soon as it was released and ive had it in here for the entire grow. Its fantastic

Mars powered Skywalker. ooooh nerdy

Propagation day 3
Drying out the clones, change of rez and first signs of roots.

Things are chugging along nicely.
Ive dried out my clones to use up any water within them and the neoprene inserts to halt any disease. Most, if not all disease that kills clones almost always starts with too much water, heat and humidity. All of which i have constantly. The only thing keeping the bacteria at bay is the H2o2 and my relatively sterile conditions. Either way, a drying helps to eliminate such problems before my rez change
Firstly ive brought the top section into my warm lounge without the dome on. I'm just letting them sit on the coffee table while I watch tv.

I just keep an eye on wilting. Once I see some slight wilting, I spray with my CCS and put the dome on and put them on their side to let the stems dry out aswell.
Once they start to dry out a bit, I spray the tips of the stems with CCS and allow for the inserts to dry up a bit.
Sometimes I spray the tips multiple times while the inner core of the plants and insert continues to dry. Sometimes i take the dome off again and let it air some more. In this instance, i did both.
I'm satisfied they are all fairly dried up and starting to show signs of being underwatered so ive dumped the rez and repeated the steps from day 1 but I continue to keep the dome off like normal.

Stoked to be getting those first telltale signs of rooting after 3 days. Love seeing those white spots along the stem

Before i put the rez back i also disassembled my pump and air stone and washed them in 78 degree water to kill any bacteria within the parts.

Up next
Day 4 propagation, topping small veg, training large veg, stunting vertical growth, preventing stretching, flushing Bloom tent and preparing harvesting equipment

Propagation day 4
Rez change & clone drying.

Not much is happening atm. I did a rez change then cleaned my pump and air filter.
Clones still look fine. No change. I just repeated my steps from day one with the dome kept off
I'll get into the other rooms when the lights come on later. Im gonna do a tric check of the main bloom, do some training of the 2 veg rooms and keep the nodes nice and tight

Propagation day 4

cut the ends of a few clones by a few millimetres. I do this cause some of the clones with large stems suffer from a bit of fraying cause they're hollow and therefore the stems have very thin outer edges.
IMG_20190527_154640.jpg

My drying out process
IMG_20190527_154956.jpg
IMG_20190527_155007.jpg

Up next:
End of day 4 propagation
Checking out the small veg tent after yesterdays topping and deficiencies.
Increase in dark hours of large veg tent and less light stress.
Rotating Plants in bloom tent, flushing money maker and checking trics

Meanwhile in the small veg tent

Things are going great after the adjustments to nutes and ph yesterday. The defoliating worked perfectly as expected and almost all that showed signs of deficiencies have burst back to life. The topping also went well and they have really perked up.
IMG_20190527_212854.jpg
IMG_20190527_212915.jpg

IMG_20190527_212921.jpg

All are very healthy except BBxC99. Now she's a funny new girl, I expect lots of stretching and prolific growth and therefore a heavy feeder. She is all of these things as expected. You can see her droopy leaf. Well that leaf is saying "please pick me, i can't feed myself properly because I'm too big for my bridges". As you know i cant up my ec or add more calmag unless I want to overfeed the light feeders, have 2 rezies or have one rez and one ph water rez to dilute it before feeding them. And that's just not happing. I'm not living in friggen bucket city over here, plus its dangerous and i just dont have the room or time. All that work, solved by removing a couple of leaves.

Long story short I've removed those saggy light green leaves from her.

Everything else is humming along nicely here with these girls.
IMG_20190527_212927.jpg

Notice the very slight tip burn on FastChilly from not getting flushed and from the slightly high ec for her. She's doing well to keep up with the others though since she is a very light feeder and stumpier than the rest according to her profile. I'd much prefer perfect roots, some salt buildup than no salt build up and overwatered gross brown roots or a deficiency at this stage.

This SkyOG is needing some N but she aint getting it so i took some of those bigger leaves off the bottom
IMG_20190527_213012.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing how they go for their first flush in the next couple days before the drying of the substrate and my patent no stress de-stressing transplant stressoramma...... yep time for their second transplant soon and i just bought fresh coco too :snowboating:

Hey MH :ganjamon:
Thanks for the write up on your cloning method. You've got a fantastic turnaround time on those clones.
You've got your hands full there brother! :headbanger: Bloom tent looks unreal. Loads of bud coming your way! :adore::yummy::bongrip:

Hey MH :ganjamon:
Thanks for the write up on your cloning method. You've got a fantastic turnaround time on those clones.
You've got your hands full there brother! :headbanger: Bloom tent looks unreal. Loads of bud coming your way! :adore::yummy::bongrip:
Cheers mate. appreciate it. I just bumped the heat up and im adding some boiling pots of water in the tent. I'll start putting the dome on with a glass of boiling water in it. they love heat and humidity, I've gotten a lot of clones to take that way. Thanks for stopping by legend

Why is there always that one plant that just won't play ball?

The large veg tent is doing fantastic except for one. It's always just one. Theres 5 Moneymaker and 5 SkyOG. All plants treated identically. The one that's not doing great is a SkyOG.

Heres the rest of them
IMG_20190528_043922.jpg

And here's the deficient one.

IMG_20190528_043931.jpg

IMG_20190528_043935.jpg

I'm thinking it's deficient in Nitrogen but it could also be a bit of iron or mag too at this stage. To rule out the latter, I've gone with the recommended dose of Flairform CMX into rez, since it already had some CMX in there, I've added water to the rez aswell to dilute any potentials for lockout and also to get my ec back down to 1.8 due to adding CMX. PH had drifted to 6.7PH aswell. Ive adjusted back to 6.0
IMG_20190528_043946.jpg

If i have issues in 24 hours still, I'll dump the rez and flush her with normal nutes, add extra nitrogen ( why I always have some FloraMicro) and add some extra CMX.

Thoughts? id love anyone else's input. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20190528_043955.jpg
    IMG_20190528_043955.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 27
Day 5 propagation, tric check, veg check
Slow going atm. It's freezing and we have a huge blizzard on the way. I'm keeping the clones totally shut in the tent while adding boiling water into a little shot glass and placing it in with them under the dome every few hours. I drag air from my living area into my grow space as to not spend money on extra heat but still its only 19 degrees there, so my clone tent is only at 24 degrees. hey its not bad but it aint no 28. After the water cools, I'll open the dome and continue with them like normal. I've found that sometimes the heat and humidity can kickstart more root nodes but cloning at this time of year is nothing like summer.
IMG_20190528_223020.jpg

IMG_20190528_223050.jpg

Small Veg tent
The fast strains are doing very well after the defoliating and topping. Some crazy re-growth and new branches.
IMG_20190528_215742.jpg

Large Veg tent
Still Having issues with 2 of them. Thankfully my setup is more of an 8 pot system and I have 10 in there, so 2 spares. Not a huge issue, if they continue to stay stumpy, ill give them the boot. They aren't even uptaking anything so im drying them out and getting ready for a flush but its not promising. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20190528_225534.jpg

IMG_20190528_225540.jpg

Heres the tent, With the healthy ones
IMG_20190528_225604.jpg

A Healthy one

HOT TIP
Always have spare plants, At least an extra 10%, So if you grow 20 plants you need 4 spares, for example. Deficiencies can take a while to correct, especially if they are in pots too big for them (which is exactly what i have). But its the lesser of two evils. Transplanting older plants becomes more and more risky the older they get with longer recovery times.

Attachments

• IMG_20190528_225530.jpg
    IMG_20190528_225530.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190528_225548.jpg
    IMG_20190528_225548.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 28
Bloom Tent

The Infamous arm colias

Money Maker is on the cusp of being ready. %90 milk, around 9% clear and maybe less than %1 dark, it's normal to have a tiny fraction go dark a couple of days before harvest, so long as it's not more than 1%. its prob much much much less than 1%. I think I saw 3-4 dark ones across all 4 plants. Just getting PH water after the second PH water flush yesterday. i flush with PH water so the left over nutes within the plants structure and roots have a better uptake capacity.
The buds are becoming super massive and almost at the infamous arm colias

IMG_20190528_225812.jpg

IMG_20190528_225823.jpg

IMG_20190528_225934.jpg

SkyOg is fattening up nicely, Just about to hit week 7 so another week of nutes for them before, molasses and sweetaz for a week then PH water, flush and cut. lets see if i can push them to get as big as money maker
IMG_20190528_230024.jpg

Huge buds in there MH! :bravo:

Huge buds in there MH! :bravo:
Cheers man. Halfway through week 4 on a 8 week strain like that i go:
-half strength Maxibloom
-pk13/14 half strength
-1 big tbsp molasses per 10 gallons (hand feed)
OR 15 gram per 10 gallons Grotek carbomax in DTW/drip feed/DWC/ebb&flow
OR anything with carbs/sugars
-Monsta bud/oz tonic till at desired EC (Most people use Massive Bloom 123 but its the same thing) or anything with terp enhancers, triacontanol, fulvic, humic, aminos, vitamins, ect ect.
EC 1.6 for small plants
EC 1.8-2.0 for big plants
PH 5.8.
Only 4 things aye. Works a treat man

Looking great... You use the same shit I do, roots Monstar bud Tonic.. have you tried bloom final?.. Surprised no go go juice... Professor roots is the shit... Couple year ago I got sent their lineup to test, impressed.. I'll have to check out the Cal mag your using... And that sweetaz, never seen that before...

Looking great... You use the same shit I do, roots Monstar bud Tonic.. have you tried bloom final?.. Surprised no go go juice... Professor roots is the shit... Couple year ago I got sent their lineup to test, impressed.. I'll have to check out the Cal mag your using... And that sweetaz, never seen that before...
Aww man Monstabud aye. The stuff made of legend. I hear that if you eat it, it grows hairs on your chest and then testicles on your chest hairs. True story
:slide:
:woohoo:GoGo Juice. Love it but omg does it stiiiink. Can't use it in my rez. After a day or two, the whole place stinks. Love it on my orchard and roses though and its great outdoors for anything really.
I used to use the entire professors lineup back in the day but it's costly once you take into account the dilution rates, Although Go-roots is sick. I still have the very last of my $380 1 litre bottle left from like 3 years ago
Ive switched to Bloom roots and ryzofuel instead cause monsta grow and the whole ozi lineup has fulvic/humic in it already
My current schedule is actually a copy of the professors old hybrid feed chart before they went all organic and grabbed the market but I've tried to replaced it all with much more concentrated versions. Always used ozi magic though aye, even before then I just used to use monstabud and ozi tonic through the whole grow and nothing else but that can get a bit pricey too plus it doesn't produce a great smoke on its own.

Ozi Magic sweetaz is the absolute bomb man...da bomb. Its a zyme aswell as sugars plus total amino wash, multi vitamin and terp enhancer. Stinky, fully organic but not as bad as gogo juice.

Also bloom yellow basically copies ozimagic but more pricey
Phat=monstabud
Final=Ozitonic
Organic swtnr & ooze =sweetaz

I love bloom roots, much more cost-effective than go-roots
Bloom silica (strongest dilution rate) 0.33ml per litre)

I just have to give ultra a go through. I'm intrigued with the 36-hour darkness with ultra for a 3-day transition. supposedly you get virtually no stretch. I just wish bloom yellow was more transparent with their ingredients.

Flairform are sick, CMX the cal mag is the stongest at 0.5ml per litre.
Just about to rip on friday, took some more pics. One plant is twice as wide as my fridge with buds wider and longer than my arm. Not as big as your outdoor beasts though

Day 5 propagation

Its a rinse and repeat day for the clones. Same as yesterday. The boiling water in a cup method is helping a lot. A few more root nodes are developing here and there. I'll take some pics tomorow.

Very busy over the next week moving plants around, harvesting, setting up feed lines, drying, curing, setting up rez, moving tents. I won't be on so much but here's a sneak peek of my upcoming harvest, trimmed and ready to go into 24-48 hours darkness.

IMG_20190529_052049[1].jpg

I name the big one bitey
IMG_20190529_051947[1].jpg

IMG_20190529_051721[1].jpg

IMG_20190529_040717[1].jpg

She is LOADED with bud! Man she filled out so well :bravo:what strain is that?

She is LOADED with bud! Man she filled out so well :bravo:what strain is that?
Money maker. 1992 cup winner. One of the first hybrids by strain hunters.
Had her for years man. Probs gonna get a new seed though. She's been cloned too many times and is losing a bit potency.
Cheers mate

Massively busy night for me. Its almost zero degrees outside right now and im struggling to get temps up now that im dropping HiDs. Gonna have to keep one 600w HPS/MH going in each tent with my QBs/LEDs. Dragging as much Warm air from my living area into my grow space.
So tired and rundown
The perpetual is catching up on me. Gotta harvest tomorrow too.

Moneymaker is getting 48 hours at 10 degrees in total darkness to increase resin production and stop sugar production.

Clones are warm in tent with heat mat and doing fine
Back to work for me

Back
Top Bottom