Quantum Board 600w intensity question

vyserage

Ok so I have a light frame running 12x qb132 boards. The frame is perfect for a 4x4 tent where all plants would basically be under direct light.

In order to save on money I adjust the drivers to 200w per row which is 3 rows of 4x panels. So that's 4 qb132s pumping out 200w.

My question is this. If I took away 4 panels and adjusted the positions for the remaining 8 for a 4x4 area, running at still 600w, be more intense and better penetration vs having the 12 boards splitting the 600w?
Cause I mean 8 boards running 600w means they are pumping more energy to each board so it should actually be brighter, more intense and better light penetrating power right?

With 12 boards, each board is running at 50w, but with 8 boards each one would be running 75w.

If you're growing them "normal" then go with the 8 boards for the penetration. But if your doing scrog or a short-height sog, I would go with 12 boards for more even canopy dispersement, where you dont need extreme penetration.
So then if I go 900 watts draw for the last month of the grow I'd imagine good results with 12x boards.

So then if I go 900 watts draw for the last month of the grow
Exactly! You only need that penetration during that last month, and kicking the 12 boards up to 900 will increase that penetration when you need it most, while still allowing for the most consistent coverage wall-wall.

If you're going to be using the same amount of power either way, and just turning the wick up, so to speak, to maintain roughly the same amount of lighting with fewer panels...

Since efficiency drops as the power increases, won't you actually be producing less photons by running fewer LEDs but at higher power levels? Again, that's presuming that you maintain the same gross electrical consumption in both setups.

Back
Top Bottom