Quantum board help

Well I'm currently 1 week into 10 of flower then I have a CFL 300dual that I'm hoping to keep my next seedlings under before transferring into the tent into the qbs so I'd say I have 10 weeks to think about and purchase my budget well it's not a problem but like us all the cheaper the better but obviously quality matters too so that's why I was hoping someone else could point me exacly where I need to be, bare in my I'd never have anymore than 4 in that tent 4 is the max i like to stick to 2 good quality plants kinda thing
Id look at the ones Tead got in his link a few posts back

Two of those would be sweet in a 4x4

Are you wanting diy or pre built

eBay have some boards with the 3500k
I saw that too; is $118 delivered w/driver (Led Grow Light Quantum board LM301B SK 288 V3 LED Board (3500K: 288pcs Samsung LM301B SK Bin ) and a Meanwell) a good price? Or just a competitive price?
Also how much square feet does that cover?

3500K has been hyped based on assumption.
Get 3000K or even 2700K if you can find it, you'll always want to trade a day or two extra veg for bigger and more potent flowers.

Beware of ebay and alibaba, you can't be sure that they send the diodes they say.

Check out Atreum, they have some sweet board + heatsink combo deals.

Agree with the comment on color
I have found 3000K to be the sweet spot for all around growing
And I would never go beyond that, I actually would like 2700K
Because it's all about the flower
When I got my second Quantum fixture, I wanted 2700K
Because I already had one at 3000K, I thought it would be a great match
Alas, I couldn't get that color temp from my supplier, so I went with another 3000K
3000K is good for veg and more than ok for flower
2700K is wicked for flower

3500K has been hyped based on assumption.
Get 3000K or even 2700K if you can find it, you'll always want to trade a day or two extra veg for bigger and more potent flowers.

Beware of ebay and alibaba, you can't be sure that they send the diodes they say.

Agree with the comment on color
I have found 3000K to be the sweet spot for all around growing
And I would never go beyond that, I actually would like 2700K
Because it's all about the flower
When I got my second Quantum fixture, I wanted 2700K
Because I already had one at 3000K, I thought it would be a great match
Alas, I couldn't get that color temp from my supplier, so I went with another 3000K
3000K is good for veg and more than ok for flower
2700K is wicked for flower

Interesting you both say this, i think ill try 12x 2700k when they are in stock. They would be in a 4x8 tent with 3 plants being under 3500k and the opposite side 3 plants under 2700k, we would then see a perfect comparison as they will all be in a 6x 5g RDWC all same strain, same clones

I saw that too; is $118 delivered w/driver (Led Grow Light Quantum board LM301B SK 288 V3 LED Board (3500K: 288pcs Samsung LM301B SK Bin ) and a Meanwell) a good price? Or just a competitive price?
Also how much square feet does that cover?
This is why I'm so spectical thing it's safer sticking to shops sort of say rather than eBay as like people say you don't always get what you buy

One bit of advice on the Meanwell drivers.
Each base model comes in 4 flavors. Two of those 'flavors' have dimmer controls built into the driver.
If your configuration has easy access to the drivers, it can be much easier to avoid attaching and mounting a dimmer and just go with the adjustment screws on the driver directly.

Meanwell driver ID - Last characters in name (A, B, AB, or blank)
A - Built in dimming
B - External dimming
AB - Both
Blank - No dimming options

Well, I checked them out, found their eBay store and just got my offer for two 288 V2 LED Board + Heatsink (3000K) Full Spectrum LM301B accepted (the same price, offered/accepted, that's on their website but got free shipping).
Does anyone have a schematic they can post?

they also have schematic for parallel too
parallel totally ok
series or paeallel it's all how you want to wire it up
check ledgardener.com or growerlights.com for wiring ideas bro ;)
Thanks again; ledgardener seems to be a great site for info. I'm going with series as it will prevent damage to the remaining board if one board fails.

Back
Top Bottom