One quantum LED light for a 2x4 tent 3000k vs 3500k: Which?

I would use your single board light in addition to your new double board light, two boards alone are not enough light in my opinion. I assume your single board is 130 watts and new double board fixture is 260 watts total. 2 boards would give you 32.5 watts per square foot, 3 boards will give you 48.75 watts per square foot and much better coverage. Just my 2 cents.

I also would go with 3000K good for both veg and flower. 3000k is better for flower and indoor growers usually have a much longer flower period than veg period.

It really depends on the type of light you are buying and if it has a balanced spectrum.

I have done personal testing from 3000k up to 6500k for full cycle. All results varied.

Many say you cant flower with 4000k, been there done it. If the spectrum is well balanced, 3500k all day. However, you can still veg with 3000k for full cycle. Many growers do it. Main thing I noticed was slower veg cycle. Again, many factors can play into it though. Personally, its buyers preference.

Back
Top Bottom