Question on the value of sensors versus my own eyes

Dan Dark

I am watching my flowering girls and they look droopy with just 3-4 weeks to go. I have great trichome production and they look sticky icky. MY water sensor says they are wet but the surface looks dry they feel dry and they look droopy. I water about every other day though I worry I may be overwatering. They look like they need water despite what the sensor says. Any guidance?

Also my temp and humidity sensors give me different readings now. I have two in my flow room about 2-3 feet apart. One says 86.9 degrees and the other is just 74., Humidity says 46% on one and 30% on the other.

What is up? Should I use my eyes and judgement or am I overwatering?

IMG_2527.JPG

BTW, Thank you for the cure your harvest link - I am almost there and will use this knowledge when my time comes!
No problem, there's another great method (used by more members) that's a low and slow using a fridge. Gets better results from what I've heard, but in my case (and possibly yours), using a fridge isn't always an option... the one in my link is how I have to do it, but I'm stoked it's helpful to others!

Also size of your pot will affect how often you need to water...

What kind of water sensor, if it’s one of those cheapie 2 prong 3 way ph, moisture and light meters... its not worth the molded plastic it’s stamped from. They work best as double marshmallow roaster!

Most hygrometers take a few readings, they read temp & humidity in the room but the wire probe is used to measure outdoor readings. But most here use temp probe inside tent - are you sure you are on the right screen or setting? Next is POR or power off reset, yank the batteries & put fresh ones in. If it’s still off calibration then pitch it and buy a new one

watering every other day is a real bad habit on a seedling or a young plant in veg cycle but you are in flower so keep the soil moist at all times. Small sips every day or two is good.... this is written for a soil grow. If by chance you are in coco then please shout out - because you need more help on that

btw‘s honking nice sativa leaner you got there

Water meters are worthless. Water by the weight of your container.
I agree.... best used for cooking hot dogs over a fire. When it reads dry them hot dog ready. lol

Nice looking Sativa - get some natural light pics and wondering where the blue light is?? Blurple is blue and red all I see is RED. Turn the lights on full.

Thanks everyone, the comments were very helpful! Based on the feedback I will plan to water hard today (everything is dry) and the sip my flowering girls every other day. For my veg and clone girls I deep watered today - they were all dry. I will water every 3 or 4 days going by the weight of my fabric pots. I have three in flower now, two due out early December and one mid to late December. As soon as I harvest I have 6 girls in veg - all Sativa dominant's - Jack Herrar, Durban Poison and Afghan Kush.

Thanks especially to @Rexer for the fast answers and the link to his curing method - added to my crop of new mentors!

Thanks everyone, the comments were very helpful! Based on the feedback I will plan to water hard today (everything is dry) and the sip my flowering girls every other day. For my veg and clone girls I deep watered today - they were all dry. I will water every 3 or 4 days going by the weight of my fabric pots. I have three in flower now, two due out early December and one mid to late December. As soon as I harvest I have 6 girls in veg - all Sativa dominant's - Jack Herrar, Durban Poison and Afghan Kush.

Thanks especially to @Rexer for the fast answers and the link to his curing method - added to my crop of new mentors!
That's very kind of you :thanks: , but truth is it isn't my write up, just a copy and paste for an article I found (that I was able to understand). Hope/glad you find it useful.

I'm still a newer grower myself when it comes to cannabis and am lost when it comes to soil.

Back
Top Bottom