RaoulDuke's Practice Run - 400W+Soil+BagSeed

Day 22 Flower: The Reckoning

I've always wanted to name something 'The Reckoning.' All posts to come will now be entitled 'The Reckoning.'

Shopped around for some new hid today. Options are:

NextGen 600w w/ Magnum XXXL (would this hood be overkill?)
NextGen 1000w w/ Magnum XXXL (would this be a pain in the ass to cool?)
Dual NextGen 400w w/Blockbuster 6 and maybe Vertical CoolTube(anyone done this?)

P.S. I have have a veg chamber in the works, details on that later. All lights above are only for flower. The Secret Jardin is a designated flower chamber from now on.

Please chime in on the above....

I impulse grabbed some of those nifty light lifts.

What started as a simple light hanger installation resulted in all components in the tent being torn out and reinstalled. Four hours later all cooling ductwork has been re-reouted, airflow seems to have improved (reference old pics) and cfl fixtures have been rebuilt and hung to provide side lighting and some more blue spectrum. Each fixture contains two 27 watt cfls. Two fixtures contain 1 2700 and 1 6500. The one in the back is just 2 6500s.

I guess these light lifts are ok. Beats the ol chain and s hook method

Growth rate is astronomical. None of these plants were over 14 inches when flipped to flower on 7.4. I began recording height 7.19. Fortunately, I'm fairly confident stretch is beginning to subside, being that they only grew about an inch in the last 20 hours. Comparisons:

7.19 7.26
Sativa A 31.5 44.5 (+13")
Sativa B 30.75 42.5 (+11.75")
Sativa C 29.75 40 (+10.25")

Pics were promised, and I really don't feel like taking any. Here's a video instead. I really just wanted to play with my new phone anyways...

Sativa A Left Rear. Sativa B right Rear. Sativa C Front Center.

...and yes, that is an oscillating laying upside down on the floor.

Thanks for stopping by...

The Reckoning.

Really nice set up....... I reckon.:)

I love my XXXL, so much coverage. Almost size of a 4x4 lol :)

SG

I'm thinking that I'll be picking one up here in the very near future. I'm having some major coverage issues. My current hood is 14x21 and it just is not cutting it anymore. These plants are big and bushy.

I found a good deal on a 6" XXXL so I think I'll dig deep and pick it up and run it with the 400 for a little bit. I don't really have the scratch for a new ballast at the moment.

Day 25 Flower: The Stretch Is Over

Sativa A) 44.5"

Sativa B) 43.75

Sativa C) 42.5

They all now seem to be concentrating on bud production, finally. The buds seem to have all almost doubled in size since yesterday:). They all seem to be a little drunk on N though. If anyone out there uses the Fox Farm schedule I'd suggest going a little light where it calls for N on week 7 and 8. No one seems the slightest bit burned, just a very slight claw, leaves a little soft and very dark. I'm sure we'll be good from here on out though. They seem to have perked up considerably after the soil has dried a bit from their watering yesterday.

I'll get a major pic update here for Day 30.

I hope all is well with you and your grows!

Day 27: Quick Bud Shot Update

Sativa A)

c118.jpg
c214.jpg

Sativa B)

b127.jpg
b223.jpg

Sativa C)

a134.jpg

Nice pics Raoul :bravo: there is something about the way that sativas grow. such late bloomers and skinny but they always seem to pack on the buds. I wish i had the space to grow one.

What kind of nutes are you feeding them?

Looking great man! Second pic kind of looks like a little heat stress I think anyone have other thoughts?

SG

Hey, thanks SanibelGreen, she definitely is showing heat stress on her two tallest colas. This plant is a pain in my ass at the moment, she is hands down the stretchiest, tallest and the most heat sensitive.

Nice pics Raoul :bravo: there is something about the way that sativas grow. such late bloomers and skinny but they always seem to pack on the buds. I wish i had the space to grow one.

What kind of nutes are you feeding them?

Yeah, these things got HUGE, quick. I've only got three going and they are completely owning my 4x4 tent. I would love to see one of these grown outside! As of now I've got them on Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom as well as Earth Juice Micro Blast every other feeding. I am not giving them the Fox Farm solubles at the moment. You know of anyone that has? I'm just wondering if they do in fact increase yield, let alone even get used by the plants...

Ya I hear ya man about the stress and all = /, place I got my reflector has the xxxl 6in and lumatek ballast with bulb for like 415$ Reflector dimensions: 32 1/2" long x 26 1/4" wide x 7 3/4" tall. Love the coverage though :) Heat stress on the top isn't all bad though I guess, ever though abut bending her?

SG

i haven't used the ff solubles and i have probably read a journal where some one used them but i cant think of any off the top of my head. im sure if you search the forums you will find someone but i will let you know if i come a cross a journal. in addition this super cropping pic came from tobiherbe's journal First White Widow Growi have never tried it but maybe it could be a last resort to combat the stretching
DSCN5013.jpg

Day 30 Flower: The Upgrayyyedddd

So today I come home with this:
6" Magnum XXXL
IMAG01012.jpg

and this:

600 Watt Galaxy and Ushio Opti red
IMAG01003.jpg

and I'm greeted with this:

IMAG00952.jpg
IMAG00962.jpg

This is Sativa B. Her leaves are darker green than all of the others. I'm thinking a bit burned? All of the plants are now showing a tiny bit of yellow at the very tip of their leaves. They were fed 2.5tsp of Tiger Bloom, which afterwards is when the yellow tips appeared. Too much?

Anyways, we're done with chemical nutes. I've decided to finish these girls out completely organically. I don't intake any synthetic drug, use inorganic soap or detergents or household cleaning agents or eat non organically raised food, so I've lost all desire to give my plants anything other:

IMAG00992.jpg

Tomorrow we flush out the bad.(unless you guys think I should try to rectify the leaf issue otherwise?). I really hope this is a overnute issue... please don't tell me this is fungus. I made up a mild shit cocktail of 1tsp Molasses, 1/2T Big Bloom, 1T Batswana, 1/4tsp EJ Bloom, 1/4tsp EJ Meta K and a mosquito dunk (not food). We will flush and then apply the shit (not much, maybe 2 cups per plant of the tea). The tea will brew with an air pump and stone for the next 24 hrs. My PH of water from the tap is 7.8. I'll measure after the brew to see where we're at.

Here is a couple shots of the hopefully happy girls:

IMAG01031.jpg
IMAG01021.jpg

Thanks for looking and please chime in if the leaf issue is anything you've seen before.

Good cropping to use when they are blooming. +reps

Is there an unreps button? I'm too chicken sh*t to bend her, the stems are REALLY strong, as in I really have to force them to get them to bend the slightest (even when the soil is dry)

Ya giving your girl the bends.... :grinjoint:

SG

I think I solved my heat issue by adding 200 more watts and even more heat!..uggh. It's actually not that bad. She's showing improvement since I bit the bullet and moved the hood up, though compromising lumens with the 400. The XXXL is actually a bit thinner. I have it all the way up to the roof and its about18" from the canopy. All in all its actually only around 2 degrees hotter 6" from the glass than the 400 Farmshit bulb and the burnmaster hood. Very impressed with it.

i haven't used the ff solubles and i have probably read a journal where some one used them but i cant think of any off the top of my head. im sure if you search the forums you will find someone but i will let you know if i come a cross a journal. in addition this super cropping pic came from tobiherbe's journal First White Widow Growi have never tried it but maybe it could be a last resort to combat the stretching
DSCN5013.jpg

Hey Falcore, thanks for the link, I'll give this a shot if they go on another spurt. They all seem to have stopped stretching as of now.

your plants look fantastic!!:bravo: every time i see them i want to grow a sativa plant
np about the link
those leaves look like nute burn to me. could you have spilt some on them? i would check the ph of the run off and it will give you an idea about the soil ph.
18 inches thats should be all right unless you end up with 2foot colas :grinjoint:
my plants got like with in 8in of my 400watt and were alright crispy top leaves but green. how tall is your tent again? 6ft?

After installing the 600 and hood I noticed that after closing up the tent with the light on the temps soared to over 10 degrees above ambient. Seems circulation has become an issue. I currently have two 4" passive intakes. Looks like it's not enough. Even with just my little 4" valuline the walls of the tent suck in horribly when all of the doors are sealed. Today I had to go out and pick up a duct fan, this one to be exact

My inline is 177cfm and I've added a 90cfm booster to the intake which puts me at 6.6 degrees (doors sealed) and 0.3 degress (doors open) above ambient.

Isn't this exciting?!?!

your plants look fantastic!!:bravo: every time i see them i want to grow a sativa plant
np about the link
those leaves look like nute burn to me. could you have spilt some on them? i would check the ph of the run off and it will give you an idea about the soil ph.
18 inches thats should be all right unless you end up with 2foot colas :grinjoint:
my plants got like with in 8in of my 400watt and were alright crispy top leaves but green. how tall is your tent again? 6ft?

Hey thanks falcore. The sativas are definitely a waiting game, but I just think they're absolutely beautiful. I think I might just stick with the primarily for a bit, though a patient of mine does need some indica on the next run. Runoff today tested as:

Sativa A 6.6
Sativa B 6.4 (the one with the questionable leaves)
Sativa C 5.9

Not sure whats up with Sativa C, this is the second time her PH has dropped considerably lower than the others. Either way, they all got the soil leached and a shot of shit tea. They all seem to really like it.

My DR120 measures as 48" wide x 48" deep x 79.2" height

Definitely liking what I am seeing Raoul, keep up the good work sir + reps

SG

Thanks SG! Congrats on the great looking harvest BTW!:roorrip:

the ph looks in the ball park for all three. one of mine is the same way always has the low ph. If the leaf damage is not spreading then i wouldn't worry about it too much. btw what soil leach and shit tea? lol :reading420magazine:
My DR120 measures as 48" wide x 48" deep x 79.2" height
wow that is a nice space to grow in. my 2x2x5 just inst cutting it anymore.

cant wait for more pics :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom