Real Grand Daddy Purp From Seed

There ya go .... no reason to kill it. You might end up with some really good mixes. Plus ... you can smoke the hell out of pot with seeds in it. I smoked pounds of the stuff in highschool.

I'm cross breeding. There will be some fucking going on over on my journal. Mine as well learn everything in my first grow :thumb:

you will never learn everything on your first grow, or your 5,639th grow :)
but you will learn.

I'm cross breeding. There will be some fucking going on over on my journal. Mine as well learn everything in my first grow :thumb:

Good move!

It has also been my experience that it is relatively easy to control the pollen once you have it too by following a few simple procedures. If you want to selectively pollenate, then you MUST separate the male plant from the females. If you want to preserve the pollen for later use, then after moving it a safe distance from your females, you can bag up the male plant just as soon as it has developed the hanging flowers, and let the pollen slowly collect inside the bag. Eventually you will want to cut the plant at the base and turn it upside down while leaving the bag around the flower tops. Then you can shake the plant and let all the pollen dust collect in the corners of your bag.

You can wait until the plant is very close to opening its flowers before bagging, but the minute you start to see any pollen dusting the surrounding leaves especially directly below the flowers, then it is time to bag all the flower tops, chop the plant and hang it upside down in the dark.

The pollen is very fine and the consistency of Corn Starch, so keep that in mind when visiting the male and then moving on to the other grow area where you females are. Wash your hands to avoid pollenating plants you don't want pollenated.

When I did my GDP/Purple Rhino seed project, I had the two sexes growing side by side and just let nature take its course. Just tapping the main stalk of the male plant towards the end unleashed clouds of yellow pollen that looked like smoke. Incredibly fine pollen grains from this species of plant!

Like I said... Rather than letting a male plant ruin your day, find a way to profit from the situation! Being able to grow your own seeds is a very economical thing to do for the long haul. Considering that a single 3 foot tall female GDP properly pollenated can generate well over 250 seeds, just do the math! ;)

Thanks for the info GG. By the way congrats on nug of the month again. I will let nature take its course for pollinating. I dont have another light to manage just a male plant right now. So ill just leave it in there until its time for some sexing to happen. I have took clones from my 2 females already so I do have the original strains still. I want to cross pollinate 3 strains. So Ill keep a male clone growing or ill just collect the the pollen as you said right before they start to open. I think I can handle that. I would have to put the male plant in my out house to keep from pollinating my females later on, whats good to use to clean out your grow room after pollen being every where? And whats the % of female seeds when cross breeding?

you will never learn everything on your first grow, or your 5,639th grow :)
but you will learn.

Yea you right Fish, well the basic I should say. Im ready for what growing brings

Thanks for the info GG. By the way congrats on nug of the month again. I will let nature take its course for pollinating. I dont have another light to manage just a male plant right now. So ill just leave it in there until its time for some sexing to happen. I have took clones from my 2 females already so I do have the original strains still. I want to cross pollinate 3 strains. So Ill keep a male clone growing or ill just collect the the pollen as you said right before they start to open. I think I can handle that. I would have to put the male plant in my out house to keep from pollinating my females later on, whats good to use to clean out your grow room after pollen being every where? And whats the % of female seeds when cross breeding?

Yea you right Fish, well the basic I should say. Im ready for what growing brings

Thanks again Wiz! It was great to see my Harlequin GDB win the NOTM! :yahoo:

You should see the usual 50/50 between sexes with the seeds. I used a paper bag when I bagged my original Purple Rhino male plant, but I think a plastic bag would be easier if you bag the plant right after chopping it and hanging upside down.

In terms of cleaning the grow space... I just used a spray bottle with water and wiped everything down with a damp rag really well. In my bathtub grow space where I had the PR male along side the GDP female, I just hosed down the tub and thoroughly wiped down the tiled walls of the bathroom. Don't forget the light fixtures! Pollen can collect on the bulbs and in all the nooks and crannys of the fixtures.

If you can just leave the male plant in with the females you want to pollenate, that is by far the easiest and most effective way to do this. Just have a fan in there and every couple of days, give the male plant a good shake to release a pollen cloud into the space. :)

Wipe the entire surface down with a sponge dipped in bleach water. Then, if the inisde of your grow area is flat white .... roll on a new coat of paint. Clean and wash your carbon filter "prefilter". This will trap what ever you miss. That should sterilize the area fairly well.

All Caught up again now TG, sorry to hear you think its male but dont give up on it yet negativity never brings positive results. :Namaste:

Great Info GG.

the possibilities are endless :party:

Okay so here is a bit of news... I am still not convinced she is a he yet. So I am giving her time under 12/12 to make the call as some of what I am seeing is looking like female parts and the hairs may be coming soon. On an even better note all of the clones have rooted. So I have at least 4 girls in the tent and possibly 2 more if the GDP is a girl. The GDP top never took so I will be removing it from the garden. So as I sit right now I have 7 viable plants and 3 may be male but it is to soon for me to tell.

I did try for better pics of the growths at the nodes but really was unable to do much better. So 12/12 will be the deciding factor.

If the big one is a male I will cut it down and flower one of the clones when I am ready to breed.

I have faith in her at this time and really think she is just messing with me and I am getting paranoid. But with the clones rooted I have plenty of time to get a good grow in. So stay tuned for now as this is not over yet.

I'am here for the duration:)

ask 420 girl

In your message box you will see a little world with a link of chain in front of that all you do is copy and paste what you want and click that button while editing your sig and it will be self explanatory from there.

No pics until I confirm sex. Then it will be game on again. I know I have 4 ladies in the closet so I will start working those to see what magic I can make happen. As I sit right now I am worse case 5 weeks behind schedule and different genetics than what I was hoping to be using. So all in all it is not a total loss. I am mixing a light does of BPN in a couple days for the rooted clones so I can get them where they need to be. :)

Bummer ..... but, don't get yourself down. You can still smoke the hell out of them whether they are male or female.

All is not lost. Always gotta have a plan B! I hope its a girl, then I would know mine is also a girl. But im over it now. I know how the GDP means alot to ya bud. Having the original strain is everything. And for it to be fem is ultimate. Not the end of the world though, as long as they keep making those seeds you can always purchase more. They cant all be males:thumb:

I have to say again that having a GDP male is priceless as far as I am concerned! Those are fantastic genetics there, and being able to pollentate another strain with GDP pollen? Man! I would KILL to have that male GDP plant down here! Worth four females in my book!

Back
Top Bottom