Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

So what did you finally end up popping? My Dark Devil is starting to cannibalize her large fan leaves. Sorry for the crappy blurple picture. The Sour Foot Cheese is sitting right up tight against this plant on the left. You can see some of her leaves peeking in.

She's a frosty one @beez0404. :high-five: They seem to get much fatter the last two weeks in my buckets. I rarely chop autos before the 90 day mark. Definitely seems there is a time diff when growing dwc vs soil.

Still no sprouts here, but I didn't expect to see any before Thursday at the earliest. I buried the rooting plugs a little more than half way down in the netpots so the helmet should come off before they break ground. The last few times I've had to remove it myself and ended up with some one leaf stunted plants. :( Can't afford for that to happen when I'm growing some one off gifted crosses, gotta do the breeder right ya know. ;)

I'm pretty confident you'll grow out some winners. I already know the QPA X GG produces top shelf buds. Well you do too as you've tried it already. Curious to see how the other two turn out. I've gotten rave reviews from the QPA X DDA buds from the plant I harvested about a month ago. Sadly I pollinated only one bud and harvested just 14 seeds. But I was at the end with the QPA and had just a tiny bit of pollen left when the DDA was ready to pollinate so I guess I'm fortunate to have gotten that many.

I couldn't stand it any longer. I uncovered the Rapid Rooters and gently opened them on the sides. The QTA had a 1/16" tap root so it was placed back in its bucket to emerge in a day...or two. :laughtwo:

The QGA was just sitting there, damp, dark, and uneffected. I dropped another seed next to it and buried it all back in the netpot. Wait and see. Should be a good grow. :hookah:

I thought your QGA sprouted the other day? Did you germinate more then one of them?

That was a typo on my part, it was supposed to say the QSA sprouted a few days ago..........let's forget all about that for right now.

<current situation>
The DDA was the first of the seeds planted this time to sprout, it came up Saturday. Today the QSA popped up. The QTA has approx 1/16" tap root, and I'm waiting on the second QGA i dropped to sprout.
</current situation>

Now.....why did I say the other (typo of qga, but meant qsa) sprouted first back in post #2887 ? Because a plant did sprout from the QSA bucket, but today when another popped up in the same bucket I went digging again.

I didn't think I planted as off center as that plant came up, and I didn't. :thedoubletake: The first plant to emerge was an errant seed in my recycled hydration and not in the recently planted Rapid Rooter. In other words I had a volunteer cannabis plant. How cool is that ? :rofl::rofl: Since it wasn't planned for, and I have no idea which strain it would have been, I plucked it from the bucket and flushed it away. :cool:

I pulled out my mini microscope this morning and looked at a small cut off a bud from one of the bottom most small side branches on the Sour Foot Cheese auto plant. With this being the inaugural run of this plant I want to do it justice and help answer any questions future growers might have. She is at day 83 post sprout today. The small sample showed me that the vast majority of the trichromes are milky white with just a few amber, and remember this is a bottom side branch. Looking at these photos what do you guys think?

She looks great @beez0404 . I should have dropped one of those this morning. :rolleyes:

It's time to update y'all on the pitiful happenings here at The Roost. It's been 13 days since I mixed water and dropped seeds. The QSA is on Day 6. The QTA is on Day 3.

The DDA would have been on Day 9 but it never sprouted leaves. Nothing but cotyledon leaves. I've had this happen with the S1 DDA seeds before. Previously I've gently pulled each of them until the center stem tore just a bit. It's 50/50 regular leaves pop out or it grows funny like a clone. Well this time it just died. I planted another DDA to replace it this morning. We wait and see now.

The QPA x GGA never sprouted.. neither of them. I pulled the rooting plug today and replaced it with one containing some Sweet and Sour Devil's Crack seeds. The seeds I removed seemed fine. Felt solid, not rotten. IDK... I wiped them off and went old school with a damp paper towel in a zip loc. It may be they need a little more warmth than the others.

I'll set up the other four buckets as soon as the new tent arrives. I'm down sizing to a 5x5. The 5x10 was nice but in a 9x10'6" room it was overwhelming. Barely room to turn around.

I'll let y'all know as soon as something else happens. Fingers crossed I can get one of these hard seeds to crack. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom