Let's Learn Autos

Update
Day 20
Girls were fed a 3/4 dose of nutes yesterday and seemed to handle it pretty well. I think I've been feeding these girls to lightly. Today they are looking a lot better

White widow

IMG_20200523_174604.jpg
IMG_20200523_174524.jpg

She looking pretty decent, bent over quite far and some good growth on the lower nodes coming up. I'm not sure If stretch has started or should be starting soon but I'm reasonably happy now that the new growth is greener than previous growth

Dark devil

IMG_20200523_174507.jpg
IMG_20200523_174458.jpg

She got a good bend and I honesty though shit this little things gonna die now but she never and she ended up looking way better 24 hours later. Overwatering symptoms seem to have disappeared a bit and she's growing again which is a positive. I did remove a few of the bigger leaves that were looking like death thinking that it can only do good, she couldn't get much worse. And it seems to have helped a bit. Anyway I'm rambling now....
Hope everyone's doing well and keeping safe

:Namaste:

Update
Day 25

White widow
She's come along pretty nicely, filled out and put on a bit of a stretch. Really hoped she would get a bit bigger but I guess I'll learn from her. Going to change to flowering nutes soon as I think she will most probably start pushing out some flowers soon. Hopefully she can make up for her size with some nice dank buds. Do I defoliated before flower or just leave her be?

IMG_20200528_213349.jpg

IMG_20200528_213331.jpg

IMG_20200528_213249.jpg

Dark devil
This little girl had it rough from the start but sort of picked up a bit and started to fill out. Lower growth was really not interested in growing too much and she's definitely stunted from her overwatering early days. I guess it's true what they say about autos and one mistake can cost quite a lot. She a measly little plant but I'll let her grow out her days and see what happens as a learning curve. As much as I tried tying her down, her main stem just kept fighting to be above the rest.
She should probably also start on flower nutes pretty soon as I think she's a bit ahead of her sister
IMG_20200528_213507.jpg
IMG_20200528_213443.jpg
IMG_20200528_213428.jpg

Going to stick to no pruning on these girls for now and see how things develop.

Something that's been hanging over my mind is the lighting situation... So I've seen that autos can be grown under 12/12 lighting once they hit flower but most people seem to suggest it's not a good mover for them and it's better to keep them on a 18/6 or 24/0 light schedule throughout the grow.

Does this really take a toll on the yield? Is it a definite thing that 12/12 will produce substandard bud?

Thinking that if photos flower perfectly fine under 12/12 why would an auto not?

Just something I've been thinking about

No expert on autos, and they will produce under 12/12 but I suspect it affects yield. The ruderalis that gives them their auto flowering ability adapted to far northern climates where summers are short but days are long with stretches that really don’t get darkness.

The DDA I tried the first time was in my flower tent with some others, produced nice bud but not very big plants, about 3 oz off 4 plants. Now I am trying again with a Gorilla Shizzle and it’s been under 20/4 for the first 35 days and then went out under the sun to flower, its already bigger than any of the DDAs were and has just started to flower in the past week since I put it out.

As I said, no expert but some thoughts on my experiences

Going to stick to no pruning on these girls for now and see how things develop.

Something that's been hanging over my mind is the lighting situation... So I've seen that autos can be grown under 12/12 lighting once they hit flower but most people seem to suggest it's not a good mover for them and it's better to keep them on a 18/6 or 24/0 light schedule throughout the grow.

Does this really take a toll on the yield? Is it a definite thing that 12/12 will produce substandard bud?

Thinking that if photos flower perfectly fine under 12/12 why would an auto not?

Just something I've been thinking about
Sounds like a good next side by side grow for someone. Heck I may try it. I have a 20/4 tent and a 12/12 tent that I could do it in.

Sounds like a good next side by side grow for someone. Heck I may try it. I have a 20/4 tent and a 12/12 tent that I could do it in.

If you do decide to try it let me know? Will be interesting to see a side by side grow

Update
Day 28
The girls seems to have decided to stretch quite a bit over this weekend. Especially the DDA. She shocked me and actually grew quite a bit after I thought she was going to be a runt. This is a quick update with a few photos.

The girls are currently drinking GH trio nutes mixed with the preflower ratios and seem to be loving it

White widow

IMG_20200531_192012.jpg
IMG_20200531_191952.jpg
IMG_20200531_191947.jpg

Dark devil

IMG_20200531_191847.jpg
IMG_20200531_191834.jpg
IMG_20200531_191829.jpg

Got my hopes up for this girl.

TThanks to the guys that keep popping passed here. Really appreciate it

They are looking very nice Rhys! The white widow has really grown over the last little while. The Dda has really taken off as well, the Purple Punch that I'm growing was the smallest of all the autos I had for quite awhile but now that she is going into flower she has become the biggest in the tent. I am learning you just never know with autos!

They are looking very nice Rhys! The white widow has really grown over the last little while. The Dda has really taken off as well, the Purple Punch that I'm growing was the smallest of all the autos I had for quite awhile but now that she is going into flower she has become the biggest in the tent. I am learning you just never know with autos!

Thanks N, it's amazing how these autos seem to shoot up over night hey. It's pretty crazy the size they get in a matter of days.

Update
Day 37
Haven't been on in a while, been super busy which is a good thing. Finally had some time to take some photos and do an update. Will be going through some of the fellows journals tonight as well and catching up. Anyway let's get to the girls....

TThey are both on the flower mixture of the gh trio now and seem to be doing OK. I may have done something wrong as they seem to have stretched pretty dam far and internode spacing is dam huge at the moment. Super confused with this although I hope it's not such a bad thing.

First up let's take a look at the white widow girl who is pretty bushy. I may slowly start removing a few of her larger fan leaves in the next few days to open up light as the training with her didn't go very well at all.

IMG_20200609_223657.jpg
IMG_20200609_223644.jpg
IMG_20200609_223626.jpg

AAnd now for the DDA which I thought was a gonner after being over watered. She cam back and surprised me like you cannot believe and I this is probably why I'll grow more autos haha. She came back with serious vengeance although I feel her inter nodal spacing is also a bit big but being a noob I actually don't know if it's what it should be
IMG_20200609_223556.jpg
IMG_20200609_223550.jpg
IMG_20200609_223544.jpg

Is there a good bloom booster to use in a coco/perlite grow? Would it be a wise thing to add some kind of booster with gh flora trio? If so what would you recommend?

TThanks guys, keep it real

:circle-of-love:

Hey
Update
Day 37
Haven't been on in a while, been super busy which is a good thing. Finally had some time to take some photos and do an update. Will be going through some of the fellows journals tonight as well and catching up. Anyway let's get to the girls....

TThey are both on the flower mixture of the gh trio now and seem to be doing OK. I may have done something wrong as they seem to have stretched pretty dam far and internode spacing is dam huge at the moment. Super confused with this although I hope it's not such a bad thing.

First up let's take a look at the white widow girl who is pretty bushy. I may slowly start removing a few of her larger fan leaves in the next few days to open up light as the training with her didn't go very well at all.

IMG_20200609_223657.jpg
IMG_20200609_223644.jpg
IMG_20200609_223626.jpg

AAnd now for the DDA which I thought was a gonner after being over watered. She cam back and surprised me like you cannot believe and I this is probably why I'll grow more autos haha. She came back with serious vengeance although I feel her inter nodal spacing is also a bit big but being a noob I actually don't know if it's what it should be
IMG_20200609_223556.jpg
IMG_20200609_223550.jpg
IMG_20200609_223544.jpg

Is there a good bloom booster to use in a coco/perlite grow? Would it be a wise thing to add some kind of booster with gh flora trio? If so what would you recommend?

TThanks guys, keep it real

:circle-of-love:
I just finished catching up on you’re journal, I popped some auto flowers last week for the first time. Looking forward to seeing if I can get mine to look as pretty as those girls do!

Back
Top Bottom