Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Hey Rifleman,

Just signed up here @ 420 last week but have been following your grows for quite some time. My DWC game has greatly improved thanks to all your sound advice. Calibrating my PH pen the first of every month might be the best advice i've gotten on the 420 site. Anyways, thanks for sharing your knowledge...

Hey Rifleman,

Just signed up here @ 420 last week but have been following your grows for quite some time. My DWC game has greatly improved thanks to all your sound advice. Calibrating my PH pen the first of every month might be the best advice i've gotten on the 420 site. Anyways, thanks for sharing your knowledge...

:thanks: You don't know how much that means to me. Cannabis saved me from being one of the 22 per day and I feel it's my obligation to pass on my knowledge and skills to anyone willing to listen. I've lowered my posting activity about my grows on here, but I'm always growing something and around for consultation. :nerd-with-glasses: Feel free to drop by and tell us what's up anytime.

Oh yeah.....pass this to the left please. :passitleft:

Here is part of what's going on next in The Roost.

I have 13 plants in 7 containers inside a 4x4 with a 600w HPS.

Going to get crowded ? :rofl:

Today's situation. Thirteen plants, seven containers, in a 4x4 somewhere between days 35-40. I'm not close to my notes right now so the day count is a guesstimate. The eight buckets in the 5x5 have five sprouts up as of this morning. In three months I should be holding enough to get me through the rest of the year. :goof:

Finally got my scale that weighs all the way down to 100ths of a gram so yesterday I decided to take a measured dose of decarbed cannabis dust and take notes. If you don't know about dust look up @SweetSue :circle-of-love: and her thread about it.

This is what I wrote down....

1pm smoked a joint

150pm high 5 outta 10.....ate .75g dust washed down w 6oz diet coke & a half doz potato chips.
Tasted kind of sweetish with a back of peanut butter and dirt.

230pm giggled for no reason

245pm ate a pork chop & corn on the cob.

620pm where'd the day go? Been outside building structures for gardening. Intensely stoned and busy.

640pm did I mention I've drank several bottles of water? Cotton mouth is killing me.

720pm coming down, high 3 outta 10....smoked a joint.

That's the jist of it. I'm going to try .5g next and see what it does for me. I might be able to cut back the quantity I use this way.

Well there ya go Lucas. :hug::hug::hug:

Dust is a game-changer for me. I’ve dramatically reduced the times I smoke because I’m always so blissfully high on Dust that I don’t even think of it.

You got a good, productive, and pleasantly euphoric five hours from less than a gram, backed up by a joint. I don’t know about you, but I find that impressive as hell with your tolerance and typical consumption levels. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I still limit my doses closer to 0.2 gr. :rofl: I’m thinking maybe today I’ll go the opposite of you and give a substantial increase to my lower dose and see what happens.

That’s if I have the courage. :laughtwo:

Well there ya go Lucas. :hug::hug::hug:

Dust is a game-changer for me. I’ve dramatically reduced the times I smoke because I’m always so blissfully high on Dust that I don’t even think of it.

You got a good, productive, and pleasantly euphoric five hours from less than a gram, backed up by a joint. I don’t know about you, but I find that impressive as hell with your tolerance and typical consumption levels. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I still limit my doses closer to 0.2 gr. :rofl: I’m thinking maybe today I’ll go the opposite of you and give a substantial increase to my lower dose and see what happens.

That’s if I have the courage. :laughtwo:

Don't be skeered. :rofl: I weighed a full teaspoon like I took the first time and it was ~1.6g......too much to be productive, unless drooling vegetable is your goal. :drool:

I still have 1.12g of the cob you shared with me. I am considering eating it tomorrow after a long chew and soak in my mouth. Comparison research dontcha know. ;)

I applaud that idea. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I applaud that idea. :cheesygrinsmiley:

BTW another 5 days and I break the seal on my cobs for final drying. 111g went in wet. Dry weight posted soon. Thanks for expanding my options Sue. :passitleft:

I weighed out 0.5 grams and found the pile a little frightening. :laughtwo: I think I’ll go with 0.4 gr instead, which is about twice what I typically take.

I think I’ll wait until 11, when I start eating for the day to take it and sprinkle it on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

By the way Lucas, that might be an excessive dose of cob. Tangwena himself only uses 0.1 gram, which is typically what I use myself. You might become zombiesque. :laughtwo:

BTW another 5 days and I break the seal on my cobs for final drying. 111g went in wet. Dry weight posted soon. Thanks for expanding my options Sue. :passitleft:

My pleasure entirely Lucas.

:passitleft:

I weighed out 0.5 grams and found the pile a little frightening. :laughtwo: I think I’ll go with 0.4 gr instead, which is about twice what I typically take.

I think I’ll wait until 11, when I start eating for the day to take it and sprinkle it on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

By the way Lucas, that might be an excessive dose of cob. Tangwena himself only uses 0.1 gram, which is typically what I use myself. You might become zombiesque. :laughtwo:

0.1 or 1.0 I might be dyslexic. LMAO I have no plans and it's going to rain. Might as well get catatonic. :blunt: I'll take your warning and start with 0.5g and wait a couple hours. If I can remember I'll take notes to post later.

17g total after the cobs were dried. Now vacuum sealed in a mason jar waiting for warmer weather. Nothing starts a hot day in the fields like a chaw of skoal, this is gonna have to be better. :drool:

The end is in sight friends and students. 4A day 88 / SS Day 84 / BT day 82 --> were all dumped today. The buckets were refilled with 4 gallons H2O, 18ml Hydroguard, and 4ml Z7, (double doses for each) and the pH adjusted to 6.0ish. Harvest begins Friday or Saturday.

Why the extra Hydroguard and Z7 you ask, IDK, a wild hair. I dropped a plastic eye dropper in my jug of Hydroguard and it took a few weeks to get it out, but when it came out it was sparkling clean like it was new. Ergo I figured I'd try it on the flush and see if it made the after grow cleanup any easier. Besides, it couldn't hurt. :rofl:

Top offs will be straight water for the rest if the week. After harvest I hope to be hitting the road. As I've said before if you see a old hippy dude on a bike offer him a toke, you never know who it might be. :cool:
I've been catching up on this grow. Do you always use hydrogaurd and z7? I'm thinking of picking up some hydrogaurd and using it alongside my z7. is that a waste?

High there, I know this is kind of an old thread but hoping to get some info from it. I've read everything from the beginning of the DWC Tutorial up to page 134 so far. I haven't heard any mention of use of a water chiller. Are they needed for a single 5 gallon DWC bucket. I see your res temps hitting 80 & from what I can see you are just using Hydroguard to deal with the high res temps. I'm getting ready to attempt my 1st DWC bucket to see what it's like. Is a water chiller a must have or can I just use Hydroguard during this 1st grow to see what DWC is like ? It's just 1 - 5 gallon bucket in a 3' x 3' tent.
By the way, Thanks for all the info so far. It's been great !!!

Back
Top Bottom