Ripped Van Winkles Bubbling White Widow / Ice Journal - 2010

White Widow update

Well, in the last few days the Widow has shown increasing numbers of Amber trichomes, and interestingly enough, some of the pistols do in fact seem to be retreating into the now swollen (and hopefully barren) seedpods. She is now more than 50% Amber and I'm expecting that these next few days will see her near 100%. In an interesting relationship between reality and the published bloom time of 8-9 weeks, this plant will be harvested a few days shy of 8 weeks.

In moving her around yesterday I broke off a branch... very woody! SNAP! oh well... I thought about harvesting in stages... I just got stage one... LOL

That branch is drying, the Widow is now entirely on Water until Sunday when I must harvest... it's an available time window, not a requirement of the plant... and I plan to put the Ice on plain water that day as well... she can finish a bit on the up side... that's fine with me.

Peace!

Widow and Ice at 7 weeks

Well, I'm nearing the end of this little adventure. Hope some of you have been enjoying the trip.

The White Widow is flushing... I broke a branch off.. oops... but it's nice and open for the pic... I will harvest her before my next post.

The Ice will go on plain water in a couple days, she is looking awesome and will finish somewhere around 8.5 weeks.

jnl_wk_17_1_.jpg

Ice at 8 weeks of 12/12

This plant is amazing... I have never seen growth like this and have now made two wonderful discoveries in the last couple of months...

1) Deep Water Culture RULES and I'm hooked...
2) I have quit smoking!!! (can you spell Iolite?)

Here's the Ice... when will she quit?

jnl_wk_18_1_.jpg

and a close Up:

jnl_wk_18_2_.jpg

White Widow - Post Harvest

So I'm pretty sure I've gotten the nutrient schedule wrong for the Widow... she should have looked like the Ice does now.

This can be remedied, next time around... and since I know she's female, and tasty, she will become my next clone donor... if'n I ever get clones to work!

jnl_wk_18_3_.jpg

And the rest of her:

jnl_wk_18_4_.jpg

Ice Closeup

I just can't get over the way this Ice is looking... can only say WOW.

Here's the thumb you'd see looking at my gallery:
jnl_wk_18_5_.jpg

Here's a link to the full size pic that is worth looking at, just for the STICKY! There must be a script running that detects the "showfull" in the string and converts it... Even though it SAYS to click the image... click the text below instead...
full

The plant is now on plain water... I expect she'll stay on that for a week, maybe more... I've never done Hydro, never had the ability to completely remove nutrients from the root zone... I assume ALL the fan leaves will be used up by the plant and fall off on their own...

I guess time will tell.

The Widow is almost dry enough to go in my jars for the final cure, but I like the soft centered buds in my vaporizer so much I'm considering just putting the whole load into the freezer.

Widow Harvest - Yield

OK, the results are in, the White Widow grew just over an ounce. Not too impressive, but I am convinced that I miss-timed the nutrient schedule... as evidenced by the way the Ice is performing.

The plants shared a nutrient reservoir, so were on the same schedule.

The Widow, trimmed back, is now back in the Blue room re-growing - so I'll try this again with her.

The Weed is FANTASTIC. I'll put up a dry bud shot in a week or so. Caked with crystals, a small pinch in the Iolite settles me down (eases internal discomfort), and doesn't prevent me from sleeping... A very nice, what I call "clean" high. No foggy thinking involved.

Re: Ripped van Winkles Bubbling White Widow/Ice Journal - 2010

With this being my first experience with both the Ice strain and Hydro I can only guess. The cola's are maybe 3 or 4 times the volume, and I have more big buds in the under growth that the Widow didn't have.

A conservative guestimate would be double what the Widow did... but I'm thinking it could be 3 or more ounces. I'll know relatively soon... the back side of the plant has turned most of its fan leaves yellow now... the rest is a bit behind... still generally a rich green color... it may be harvested as early as the weekend... outdoor temps will be a factor... could go slow the next two days then kick up cause the weather will warm.

With this being my first experience with both the Ice strain and Hydro I can only guess. The cola's are maybe 3 or 4 times the volume, and I have more big buds in the under growth that the Widow didn't have.

A conservative guestimate would be double what the Widow did... but I'm thinking it could be 3 or more ounces. I'll know relatively soon... the back side of the plant has turned most of its fan leaves yellow now... the rest is a bit behind... still generally a rich green color... it may be harvested as early as the weekend... outdoor temps will be a factor... could go slow the next two days then kick up cause the weather will warm.

That is not bad for a first my friends my first total was a hair over two ounces so that is pretty good! Well looking forward to hearing the numbers :grinjoint:

SG

End of Journal

Well, the Ice is in at 2.75 ounces. I've never done that well before from a single plant.

jnl_wk_19_2_.jpg

That plant actually has one more big cola which I was letting go till it's waaay golden and will harvest the rest later today.

The White Widow is reveging nicely and will become a clone source or just go back into flower this fall.

jnl_wk_19_1_.jpg

Thanks to Papa Green, S.Green, Ontario, 3lions ... and whoever I missed for checking in once and a while.

Thanks also to Roseman and the other Deep Water Culture heads for their many good posts about how to do this.

This little adventure is now complete.

Peace folks, and happy growing!

Looks like a fantastic harvest! Enjoy!!

Congrats on the harvest!! You grew those girls well. Looks like some nice smoke you got there :cheer:

Great Job and Harvest! :goodjob:

Drop by the Deep Water Culture Home thread and say "Hi", then post a link on there when you start your next journal. That will help other Deep Water Culture find your grow.

WOW... other's have seen my journal....

Thanks for the kind words folks. This was a good grow for me, and a big change from doing dirt.

I had intended from the beginning to NOT ask for help... and I did need some... but I found the data I needed on this site. Very helpful.

I may come back to a new thread cause I think I need serious help making clones. My attempts are all too wet I think, because the stems rot.

I've got all summer now to try cloning again and the Widow is in some "Mother Plant" nutrients right now, getting some shoots just for that purpose.

I read somewhere about a grower who sets rock wool on top of Perlite or vermiculite and only adds water to the base substance, relying I think on osmosis to moisten the rock wool... I think I'll have to find that post again and try that. Two attempts with the SH Mystic Cloner just rotted.

Again, my thanks to all who boldly post instructions for achieving good results at this endeavor. You Folks All ROCK. (that's a good thing)

P.S. It's kind of freaky to realize that broiler pan full of weed will save me nearly $1,100 (in local street prices), and be much better product.

Wow, I wish I had found this thread earlier, just to watch and observe.

Very impressive!

Visit us here sometimes for a Bubbles discussion:

Back
Top Bottom