SAM's DRZ Aquaponics Mixed Strain Grow Journal - 2014

Mostly good. I'll see if I can take some photos today. The Northern Lights Autos aren't so good though. I did a foliar spray on everything and they didn't like it at all; got burned. They must be super sensitive, either because I over watered them when they were seeds/seedlings, or because of the genetics (they were my oldest plants too). They're probably going to get pulled out and replaced with a clone of something... There go my Christmas buds :-(

I hear ya! I'll be buying my smoke for Christmas too. Maybe I'll have my own for New Years tho?? Looking forward to the pics! :peace:

Here are those burned Northern Lights Auto leaves:

Pretty sure it's from the foliar spraying of fish emulsion and seaweed the other day. Didn't think it was too strong, and didn't affect the other plants so am thinking that these two plants weren't real strong to start with. Will probably end up pulling them out (might try to transplant them into a regular pot) and putting in the clones I'm growing.

This is my other Auto. Wasn't sure if it was AK49 or NL. I'm going with AK49 because it didn't react to the foliar spray like the other two NLs. This one has been FIMed recently (just for the hell of it):

That first one looks BAD.... :( I was under the impression that Northern Lights was one of the easier ones to grow.... apparently not. lol
The others looking pretty damn good tho! :goodjob: :peace:

Here's my favorite plant - Money Maker - 31 days old:

This is the plant I have taken two cuttings from.

Here's another Money Maker, somewhat less vigorous at 23 days (just tipped two days ago):

Vanilla Kush (14 days):

Afghan Kush (14 days):

CBD Blue Shark (18 days):

VERY nice! You're doing something right bro! :) Hey... what is that behind your girl in that first picture? It actually looks like CORN starting. LOL :peace:

VERY nice! You're doing something right bro! Hey... what is that behind your girl in that first picture? It actually looks like CORN starting. LOL

Cheers Beateo! Yep, that's corn. This is a somewhat stealth grow so there is corn around everywhere to help the plants blend in.

Autos can be quite sensitive. Other than that looking great!

Cheers man, I might try autos again one day, but am just going to focus on the regular plants I have now.

Here are the two Money Maker clones I've started (5-6 days):

They are a little yellow, as I've just been spraying them with water, so have started with some nutrients. Just slowly starting to remove the humidi tents, they're wilting a bit when removed though.

I forgot that my MED GOMs were autoflowers, until I saw these:

They're about 21 days old so the next few weeks should be interesting.

Herbies Head Shop are a bad influence.... too many free seeds with my last order.

Delicious Critical Silver Surfer Haze hidden in some corn (in the ground, not AP), (30 days):

And I've got 3 x Sleestack Skunk (regular seeds - again thanks to Herbies) that are in potting mix (13 days):

This following one has a story. I really don't smoke much, so an oz can last me a year or more... So when I decided that I needed to grow for my GFs medicine, the only seeds I had were about 2yrs old. Only one sprouted (out of 5 or 6) and that one went into my AP system. Mind you, it was the middle of winter when I was doing this, so really not the ideal time. But, it grew and got some little buds (which I have been smoking lately - reminds me of high school bush bud taste) but also got pollen sacks. At first I was annoyed but though "hey, I can get more seeds now", so let it go. Well it did seed up, but I had to pull it out before they'd fully developed. Only one has germinated out of 30+ so far. This is it:

Will be interested to see what it turns into.

Looking good! Hell... even your corn looks good! lol I'm a big time Herbie's fan. They make things right and keep their word. You're growing all kinds a ways man! :) :peace:

Once I started I just couldn't stop! Going to do some indoor growing too. Had stuff lying around that I made into a frame for a tent, so am fitting it out this week. I'm going to try a perpetual veg indoor grow for teas, juicing, etc for my GF...

That corn has actually been a good indicator for deficiency in my AP system (because it grows so fast I think). It was getting yellow lines that was easily diagnosed as magnesium def. So I've dosed the system with epsom salts and it's recovering. Better to have the deficiency show up in the corn and not the MJ!

Might have to look into grasshopper deterrents. Killed 7 or 8 today. And I know how hungry they get!

Sam, sounds like a smart thing to do.... grasshoppers can eat an INSANE amount of green bro!! I would imagine 7 or 8 could wipe a plant out really quick. Let us know what you decide on and how it works.. I'm going to do an outdoor grow next spring. :peace:

What I would like to use is a predatory protozoa called Nosema locustae that controls grasshoppers, but it isn't available where I live. You can get it in the US though.

I'll keep on killing by hand (another 5 this morning) and am going to make some small traps:

Attract them to a pond or children’s wading pool by floating pieces of yellow plastic in the water. Smaller traps can be made out of yellow buckets filled with water and a 10% molasses solution. Cover with a film of oil to deter bees and mosquitoes

Will see how it goes...

Been a busy few days of work and was getting dark when I got home but wanted to post a couple of pics anyway. Will get some more tomorrow.

Northern Lights Auto in the DRZ Aquaponics:

Money Maker clone has roots:

New DIY grow tent (will have to start another journal):

Accidental pin hole camera through the mylar film:

Will try to take some more shots tomorrow. The MED GOM Autos are flowering really nicely!

Back
Top Bottom