SAM's DRZ Aquaponics Mixed Strain Grow Journal - 2014

What a cool grow you have! I'm really interested in learning what I can about your AK-49... I should start germinating mine in a few weeks.... we'll see how things go with the autos. :) :peace:

I have read that you shouldn't tip/top some autos because they don't necessarily have time to recover, but I tipped a NL and the AK49 (now this could actually be a NL, because of an early mix-up, but it did look different) and they're going well. I think that as long as you're somewhat gentle with the autos, they can give a good harvest. From what I've read, it's best to plant a lot of them though, because of the smaller yield!

Not much new happening. But here are some pics anyway...

MED GOM Auto - will be harvesting these around New Years (just ordered a microscope to start looking at the trichomes):

Northern Lights Auto - supposed to be ready for harvest in just over 2 weeks (not that there's much to harvest!):

Some more supercropping (Afghan Kush):

Money Maker:

Got a few older leaves yellowing on the Silver Surfer in the dirt garden. It really wasn't the best soil so I'm not surprised. Might just leave it be and see how she goes as I've given her good nutes already:

Bag seed plant is looking nice, albeit a bit small:

Sleestack Skunk (growing a bit slowly, but quicker after tipped):

This Money Maker clone wasn't growing any roots and I couldn't keep it inside any more, so I shoved it into an aquaponics bed. The bed floods and drain so it wets the bottom of the stem, then it gets to dry out for a bit (and repeats all day/night long). Still got the dome over the top. Not looking real good but it hasn't died... more of a test than anything:

That looks fine to me! :peace: I was thinking.... as long as you keep your "more of a test than anything" attitude, you can't lose! It's all good! :)

You're a perfect example of positive vibes, good karma, and a great attitude... negativity is our enemy brother! My thinking is even bad things happening are learning experiences.. so, they're good. :) :peace:

Decided to try some LST on a few plants...

2 x Sleestack Skunk (in soil/homemade potting mix):

CBD Blue Shark (in AP):

Here's the MED GOM Autos (no LST):

And the rest of the grow bed that they are in:

I do have a bit of a space issue in the other grow bed. The Money Maker has bushed up really nicely (back left), but it's growing over another MM (to the right). I guess that can be a drawback of this method, as you can't really move the pots once they're in the grow bed. Will have to remember to leave more space next time:

And everything is getting covered in a fine mist of pollen from the corn plants:

Hopefully the pollen doesn't affect anything. Will be washing the buds anyway.

Looking good! I'm pretty sure corn pollen won't be an issue brother. If it is let us all know... can you imagine cornfields full of hybrid cannabis! lol :peace:

... can you imagine cornfields full of hybrid cannabis! lol :peace:

That would be cool!

But I'm more concerned that the extra "dust" on everything may encourage mold (it does inside my house). Have been shaking the plants a bit to get it off, but I'm actually going to wash them off every few days. I'm sure they'll like the "rain" either way.

I do have a bit of a space issue in the other grow bed. The Money Maker has bushed up really nicely (back left), but it's growing over another MM (to the right). I guess that can be a drawback of this method, as you can't really move the pots once they're in the grow bed. Will have to remember to leave more space next time:

Now I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this yesterday, but the DRZ pots can be moved very easily. In a normal AP system you couldn't really transplant a plant if it was in the wrong spot (I have done it to spinach/silverbeet and a few other veggies but it isn't great). But with the plants roots contained by the pot, it's easy to pull the pot out and move it to a new spot.... So that's what I've just done.

I don't have any room in the grow beds so its sitting it a bucket, with the bottom of the pot just touching the top of the water line (the water is currently AP water that has been bubbled for 3 days with a "tea bag" of worm castings - not sure what I'll do in the future), and there's a big airstone in there. Similar to a hydroponics set up.

The plant really wouldn't have gotten any sun where it was, as the other MM continues to grow, so this should get me a bigger harvest from both plants.

I did break off one of the top, main branches during the move (eeek!). But it's gone into the clone bubbler so hopefully it won't be a waste!

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing these thin, curling leaves on my AK49 auto:

It's been flowering now for about 15 days, and is about 40 days old all up (56-60 days is the life cycle according to seed bank).

I was about to put some guano on for phosphorus, but don't want to cause any more problems this close to finishing...

Back
Top Bottom