Sealed Garage Medical Grow

nice set up man, If your gonna do you might as well do it right, nicely done.
As for your clear plastic cups I was told the same thing when i used them, I never changed them i still use them and my clones and seedlings do just fine. Got 6 differnt strains flowering right now that were started in clear cups and look great

I kinda like them cuase u can tell the minuite they are ready for transplant! Im gonna stick with them if possible.

Don't transplant them to smaller cups. Double cup them by using a clear solo cup inside a colored solo cup. This leaves a gap between cups so excess water can run out the bottom of the clear cup and allows you to check how well they are rooting.

Also about the idea of "potting up" several sizes.....Your opinion about giving the roots space is not valid at this point. Roots grow for nutrients, not space. Plant nurseries pot up and they grow plants not weeds. It allows roots to get well established first instead of just dropping to the bottom of a large pot. They will not get root bound and you will not "slow them down" by actually letting them grow in the cups for a while. Pinch off any long spaghetti roots that stick out the bottom and you'll get more lateral rooting (pinching roots is the same concept as using airpots and air pruning). IF FOR NO OTHER REASON TO POT UP: When you are preparing for your next cycle, you will not want to waste your money space (your flowering space) just to veg 3 inch plants in 5 gallon pots. You should be vegging as long as you can in Mondi trays on vertical racks. Starting in solo cups, then 1 gals makes them easier to light for veg, saves space, makes them easier to move and work on, and after potting up it lets the plant grow into fresh media.

You will quickly learn that you will be cutting, trimming, bending, breaking, pinching, spraying with chemicals, and the plant will be just fine...before you finally strip it and kill it. The plant wants nothing more than to please you until that point so don't be afraid to abuse it.

You're off to a great start...don't think it to death, less is more, and don't think you need to react to everything. Sometimes the best thing to do is nothing. You will be your own worse enemy in the beginning so stay out of it's way and observe. In soil generally you've got some buffer between what you did and what it caused so its best to keep a log so you can reflect.

Well hello, I am onboard for this grow. Your set up is among one of the best I have seen, not only cause you clearly can afford the best equiptment, but because of the obvious work and effort you are putting in to really do it right. I admire your efforts and hope to see you get to harvest.
Sneeze who posted above me happened to say exactly word for word what I would have typed, for a first time poster he really caught my eye, needless to say after reading this whole journal i know you disagree but try what ya want and learn from it.
I have many many years experience growing is soilless medium and am happy to help if I can. Don't get discouraged at problems, they will happen, it will take experience not money to grow a good crop. Expect to fail, then any success will be a victory.
You have a great set up and room, it is a good place to start.
Also... adding H2O2 to your water will oxidize the cloramines out of the water and help sterilize it.
Feel free to read my journal, you might get a few tips. :)
Good luck, I will be watchin'...
Jonny

Hey guys thanks for posting up im all for advice or input. Im gonna check out your thread Stilletto. I still disagree on the pot size and transplanting not sure any amount of evidence can change my mind. Unless I started them From cups to 5 gallon to totes even then its just a pain in the ass. U can never truly judge when the plant is ready to transplant.

Also the 3 seeds I put from cup to tote are 5 times the size of the seeds I put in 3 litre pots (estimate not sure the exact size) So i might not have got them into bigger pots soon enough needless to say but that would mean ud have to find the right time to transplant them and they would only be in smaller pots for a few days. Were talking much larger growth in a like week -week an a half!

Sounds like overwatering the smaller containers which would certainly slow growth significantly so if the larger ones match you better, run with it.

Here's is an update of my most beloved lady! Helpfully this isn't the plant all have to pull to be a momy! Ive never seen fan leafs so big on a plant ever not even outdoors there huge in spots. There is like ten -eleven+nodes u can count just from looking at the top and there all the height of the main cola lol. Not sure if that's good or bad.

100_07176.JPG
100_07165.JPG
100_07187.JPG

Here's a picture of the 4 white Russian Kush clone's I managed keep. I cant wait for these to come out. My friend just had his come off and its nothing like ive ever smoked its really a unique flavor. And since its just announced at the CC in amsterdam last few weeks ago. Serious seeds will be selling these seeds sometime late next year. Im one of like 3-4 people to have in in my room right now. (cant wait)

Dont mind the wires hanging please :( I just switched my cool tubes for regular shades and I haven't had a minute to run them safely! Please don't judge Im all about safety First!

100_07213.JPG

100_07202.JPG

Ok one more thing u can see the 4 big seedling after the tall plants these went from small the seedling cups to totes right away. The rest went into 3-4 litre pots for like week week and a half then into totes. U can clearly see the difference in growth! So for those of u who be leave transplanting 2-3 times from smaller pots should reconsider! That is at least my experiences.

Been a while since i posted sorry folks life has been tough lately not leaving me any free time! But he is some pics for u guys! I fliped my light to flower on the 30th.

Dont mind the droppy plants i took this as the light was going off. My plants seem to droop like crazy right before the light swtches is this normal?

Anyway dont mind the bad pictures its getting hard to move around in the garadge lolz.

100_08774.JPG
100_08764.JPG
100_08738.JPG
100_08798.JPG
100_08802.JPG
100_08816.JPG
100_08727.JPG

Hey mate, looking really good - those plants have got big fast.

Drooping just before lights out then being all perky in the morning when the lights first come on is one of the key symptoms of root rot. But you're in soil aren't you? So it's less likely, but not impossible. When are you watering - it might just be they're drying out over the course of the day and you need to modify your watering schedule.

If it's not the watering schedule then it's worth checking the roots and making sure they're all white and healthy, not brown and slimy. If it is root rot you can most likely fix it at this stage with no major long term damage, but if it continues then it can do a lot of harm.

Hey mate, looking really good - those plants have got big fast.

Drooping just before lights out then being all perky in the morning when the lights first come on is one of the key symptoms of root rot. But you're in soil aren't you? So it's less likely, but not impossible. When are you watering - it might just be they're drying out over the course of the day and you need to modify your watering schedule.

If it's not the watering schedule then it's worth checking the roots and making sure they're all white and healthy, not brown and slimy. If it is root rot you can most likely fix it at this stage with no major long term damage, but if it continues then it can do a lot of harm.

Might be worth pulling one of the smaller plants from the pots to check! Althow its just seems to be my 4 white russian kush that do it the critical kush dosnt!(there is no way to pull those trees from the pots)! I suspect it dosnt have anything to do with root rot thow there root systems in these things are crazy to say the least U cant even stick your finger in the soil more than an inch with out breaking roots. Not sure how they would even have time to rot cause the soil requires water after like 36 hours lolz. So there is no time to have that slimy build up! All thow i been wrong many many times before on easyer thing to diagnose.

Im using a soiless medium its sunshine mix #4 Id like to try somthing else next show but this is like the only good option i have locally for medium. I should have dialled in one pot in hydro then switched them all next show.

I'm not an expert on soil I'm sorry as I've only grown hydro but could it be the watering schedule if it's every 36h you water? They're quite big plants so maybe they're just drying out over the course of the day and watering every 24 h instead would give them enough to get through. When they're wilted just before lights out, is the medium dry or damp?

The other one could be that if they're in smaller pots and the roots are really developed the pot will hold less water because the roots are taking up more space, and will also take up more water, drying the medium out quicker. Is it just the plants in the smaller pots that are doing this? You could repot to a larger pot and check the roots at the same time to rule out root rot, double check the watering schedule and I'm sure you'll diagnose the issue and fix it in no time mate.

Back
Top Bottom