Sense Amelia's Critical Sensi Stars - Indoor Soil Grow - 600 Watt Duel Spec HPS

Hey I missed the last one but I'm here for this! Strain looks lovely! Batcave when you say done in 50 days are you counting 50 days from flip to 12/12 or 50 days from first signs of flowers?

Hey I missed the last one but I'm here for this! Strain looks lovely! Batcave when you say done in 50 days are you counting 50 days from flip to 12/12 or 50 days from first signs of flowers?

50 days from the flip. I only put plants in flower if they already have shown pre-flower. Another grower on here pulls his CSS at 45 days. Delicious Seed's genetics are damn near spot on with their suggested harvest dates, only one strain out of 6 of their genetics I have grown was off the dates by 2 weeks, big time bonus was it finishes 2 weeks sooner than listed ;).

yay you will be happy with the css it does finish fast.
nice pic batcave.
oh is there any room left for guy to sit in here? got me a new beanbag chair:)

Any seats left for my old bones?
Of course, Korloin! Rest yourself!
Hey I missed the last one but I'm here for this! Strain looks lovely!
Hey Doc!

got me a new beanbag chair
Aww. You make yourself comfy, Fish, put ya feet up!

i can probably track 5 or 6 standard journals in the time it takes me to keep up with yours...
:rofl:

All x 4 girls are up today.

Awesome

Hi DgC!! Aye, I couldn't resist. Proper got the "bug" now :laughtwo:

OK Day 2 of 18/6 under a little T5 prop light.

P1000091.JPG

P10000901.JPG

this is going to be a great grow Amelia :) my daughter is going to give me a Grandbaby:)

Thanks Giga. They're looking healthy still today. A little taller, a little greener, and I gave them a nice little drink of water poured gently and not too much into their pots. I was spraying them this time last go around and it was a nuisance and had to be done more often. So... the wet/dry cycle thingy is happening this time . :laughtwo:

Well I got to see veg stage :allgood: look like they are gett'in the :green_heart:

Oh cool .... you got a new one going. I'm along for the ride.

Thanks Giga. They're looking healthy still today. A little taller, a little greener, and I gave them a nice little drink of water poured gently and not too much into their pots. I was spraying them this time last go around and it was a nuisance and had to be done more often. So... the wet/dry cycle thingy is happening this time . :laughtwo:

just be careful with the wet and dry cycle. i was experimenting with 'how dry is safe' when battling fungus gnats and ive learned a lot unfortunatly.

the breakdown of organic matter causes a layer of waxy material to form on the dirt particles, causing them to become hydrophobic.
then when you do finally water it just rolls accross the dirt. like lightning, it just finds the path of least resistance and flows to the ground. you could pour gallons of water into your pot and most of the soil would remain bone dry.

currently working on a safe and replicatable solution to this hazard. you can purchase wetting agents online to remidy this and there are some best practices to end the problem also.

right now im about to try using a normal bar of unscented and uncoloured soap which im going to add a bit of its lather to water and flushing with it, once wet i should then be able to water them as normal straight after. the detergant agents in soap and dish soap clean this wax off the dirt, but they are short term fixes and not the best solution if you want to retain organic nutrients in the soil.

one method of preventing the problem (google research only) is to get some good clean clay (i might get potters clay to test) and put a bit in your water and slosh it about to make a 'thin' clay soup and water with that. clay pair with soil in this manner is suppose to be very water loving.

Back
Top Bottom