Simple question

Sypherz

Ok so i currently started a dready seeds white jack.. This is sativa dominant and my grow space too small for the height this plant can achieve.. So my question( which may sound dumb to experienced growers) is if i only vegged the plant a shorter amount of time or until the plant gets to 1/3 the height of my grow box and then switching to 12/12 would this make any difference in the outcome other than yield? Sorry if this is a dumb question.. Just wanna make sure i can grow this out.. I normally go short indicas but this was a freebie seed.. Thanks in advance

There have been some fine plants grown from 12/12 without vegging time, the longer the veg the bigger the plant but it shouldn't affect the bud however long you leave it (apart from the obvious trichome development). I'm not 100% though, but that's the way I'm thinking

Have you considered topping and LST to keep the size down? My current Sour Diesels, which are Sativa dominant, are under 2 feet and nice and bushy. Topped once and LST thereafter. I'm in week 5 of bloom and doubt they'll stretch any more.

So my question( which may sound dumb to experienced growers) is if i only vegged the plant a shorter amount of time or until the plant gets to 1/3 the height of my grow box and then switching to 12/12 would this make any difference in the outcome other than yield?

I don't believe it will effect quality but there can be a delay when trying to get
young plants to flower. The LST suggestion is a good option to get a better yield
and will allow the plant to gain some time

Do you have room for a 24 inch plant?

If you do, then you can easily train that Jack, I would think. I grow mostly sativas and sativa doms and most of them can be trained into 12 inch plants with 8-10 tops and a 10-15 inch stretch in bloom. I use both topping and/or LST. If you have width, you can easily spread it out flat. :cheesygrinsmiley: The more you mess with it, the more tops you get in a level canopy, the less stretch you'll get. You'll also get less if the rootball is mature in the pot when you flip it.

No sweat! :thumb:

Otherwise, yeah, if you veg less the plant will go into bloom smaller. People get around a half to an ounce from a bloom-from-seed plant, for instance.

Yes just bend the life out of her. and if she keeps streching in flower continue to bend. a bigger pot will give a bigger plant and a longer veg will give a bigger plant. i wouldnt be going straight to 12/12 from seed, min 4 weeks from germ before flip but 5 or 6 is better as that will give time for the seed to sexually mature and give you time to train the plant. bend bend bend.

Back
Top Bottom