SIP Progression Vegetation Through Flower

We are always trying to better our grows, raise healthier plants and increase our yields.

With so many ways to cultivate our crops, it's always a toss up-which methods to our madness should we use?

We change nutrients, amendments, we twist, pin down, train. We change our lights, we alter feeding schedules, we prune, we defoliate, we fim, we top, we try different mediums.

The one thing that has taken many growers here and everywhere, to new levels as of late, is the implementation of SIP pots.

@Azimuth has a great thread with so many followers showing off their DIY and/or store bought SIPs and the positive effect it is having on their grows.

I posted a 2 Week SIP progression thread a while back, bringing us up to early flower with my plants in the Pre-SIPS, Cousin SIPs, OG SIPs, whatever you like to call them. These are pots that the Rev uses and has had fantastic results.

These pots are store bought, serving the basic principle as a SIP as these pots hold a water reserve at the bottom of the pots and although fed from the top, these plants are technically feeding from both above and below.

These pots not only help cultivators achieve their cannabis growing goals and then some, but they also require less work! Less feeding/healthier plants=less stress AND work for us.

If I can't get you to try one of the SIP varietals, I'd at least encourage you to make your way around the forum and look at some SIPs in action from some of our amazing members and take some notes.

These photos are the progression from vegetation through what is currently Week 5 of Flower for my plants.

I will note the first 3 photos have 8 plants, 3 were moved to my 3x3 soon after that 3rd photo was taken.

20221104_082915 (1).jpg
20221111_093954.jpg
20221117_082731 (1).jpg
20221210_084833.jpg

Get your SIP on friends!

These pots are store bought, serving the basic principle as a SIP as these pots hold a water reserve at the bottom of the pots and although fed from the top, these plants are technically feeding from both above and below.
Great thread @Krissi Carbone . And don't forget about the air gap which is what I think is the true secret sauce of all the related container styles. I think they are all mislabeled since they focus on the watering aspect and not the air which is the more important.

Incidentally, I like your term OG SIP. A fitting name and a nice homage to our community.

Great thread @Krissi Carbone . And don't forget about the air gap which is what I think is the true secret sauce of all the related container styles. I think they are all mislabeled since they focus on the watering aspect and not the air which is the more important.
Thank you friend! The air gap is super important, appreciate you mentioning that here!!!
Incidentally, I like your term OG SIP. A fitting name and a nice homage to our community.
I like it, too!

Back
Top Bottom