SoilGirl's Soil Multi-Strain Grow Journal 2014

No partial harvests today Reg :) Euphoria and Big Mama will only live on in memory and good meds after today.

Oh and I should mention they live on in their clones :laughtwo:

P.S. The amber only covers the leaves, wherever calyxes/buds start there is mostly cloudy trichs in Euphoria.

Big Mama, if thats who you meant...actually yeah she's mostly amber everywhere. She's past due, but I Think I increased her potency by letting her go so long, since the lower growth had very few trichomes and now they're covered as you can see in the last photo of my post.

Re-edit: Lol, I just went ahead and picked two pics for POTM and entered since I was impatient... OK. Time for another wash...

I'm looking for photoperiod strains capable of handling extremely cold weather. For a guerrilla grow next year at 9000+ ft above sea level. Hope you don't mind me posting the question here, SG. Your journal has some traffic!

What if anything will tolerate snow and freezing temps outdoors?
Anyone have a suggestion lemme know please. This natural ganja farmer wants to try some outdoor next year!

You guys all inspire me!

Hello COorg. A long time ago there was a belief that high altitude pot was almost always very good. Not much available info in those days. Your grow will be something I won't want to miss.

I grew Barney's Farm Violator Kush for a few seasons. I mention it because one side of parentage is sativa from Malana Valley, which is over 10,000 ft. elev. An interesting valley, not as well known as nearby Parvati Valley, & locals look totally different from neighboring folks. Supposedly ancestors were Greek soldiers or something like that. But VK was a good strain w/ good high. Just some info for you.

Thanks brightlight,
Ill be looking into the landrace from 10K you speak of. I'm not a big fan of Barney's. I have smoked some Barney's VK that was outstanding. I'm interested in the malana valley sativa, do you know if that is available in seed form?
Thanks!

I am not getting that amazing smell off her anymore, I'm hoping its just from being clogged with water and will come back soon

That's why I did a test with my Trainwreck budz. I harvested small sample on 22nd and cleaned it, but only in hot and cold water, and it lost smell overnight. When I put in the jar the smell started turning straight away into dried vegetable, and didn't gained a lot in the next few days. My later harvest wasn't cleaned, it was dried slower, and after putting it in the jar three days ago lemon terpens are still hanging in. I guess I won't be cleaning my budz no more as it doesn't provide me with anything unusual. Yeah, the smoke is really smooth, but then if my later samples are smooth without washing, that's it for me.

COorganics, my Nanda Devi is from Real Seed Co. The problem with landrace seeds is that germination ratio is poor and you need to use tricks, but if you get a good pheno it can be a real bomb, old schools stuff of the legends. For cold climate I'd look into Canadian genetics though, High Grade Seeds maybe or Next Generation. You might also look up Hybrids From Hell, Danish seed bank that developed few hardy varieties at 58N. You can go two ways, get sth finishing really quickly or sth finishing late in cold and rain, absolutely immune to bad weather.

I think BF is just another overpriced, over-hyped polyhybrid factory. I'm looking for new gear soonish, I think swami seeds cherrybomb is definitely on the list. And a landrace from ace, not sure about which one yet, and indica though. But those are for indoor. Thanks for the info I haven't the time now, but will be looking into the sativas you mentioned above. Take my not digging BF with a grain of salt. I grew out their critical kush and it was OK or better. I think BF strains do better with hydro.

I ran Tangerine Dream (out) and Vanilla Kush (in), both from BF. They're shit is mostly ok, but very very unstable. They do not cube at all in my opinion and breed everything with sub par selection of P1. There are better breeders for sure.

hahaha, I'll get back to you guys more personally soon, but thank you for all the comments! Sorry I have been gone a couple days. I've been busy and also lazy, in turn, lol.

I'm going to take a sec to bring you all back up to speed :) :volcano-smiley:

Today, Mini Mama is coming down. Unfortunately, and I hate to share this but I will for posterity's sake >.< I thought it would be a good idea to add some molasses (I don't have any dry or wet molasses by itself) via some BioThrive Bloom from GO a week or so ago. Well, it was a bad idea. Leaf tips burned... something I thought almost impossible with organics... but on top of that the same thing that happened to Big Mama after feeding GO nutes happened... some little black/brown molasses tar spots were respirated out of her leaves.... and flies swarmed and attacked her leaves for the sugary treat. plus I can see that the pores in the leaves have been clogged and are dying, turning white, tan or yellow all over. It's that same dappled color I saw on Big Mama, and she's showing the same stunting.

I know many people here are slow to jump to conclusions, but I'm comfortable in saying that these GO nutes are Not working out well with my organic cannabis, here are my thoughts as to why not:

GO's nutes, to take an explanation from Corgie... (Lol if you don't want me to call you this I won't Corgie!!) aren't really natural, although they're made of organic materials... they are unnatural because natural feeding for plants (as it occurs in nature without our interference) is from sun, water, and some good supplemental nutrients from the soil made available throughout the grow; not force feedings like GO nutes. The whole premise of force feedings and organic/natural feeding together in one is an oxymoron, and so bottled GO nutes just don't make much sense to use to me, plus I've had bad results with every plant that had much GO nutes, and good results with every plant that didn't get fed them. If you want to grow naturally and organically... bottled nutes aren't going to achieve this. Plus there's obviously some stuff in those nutes that my plants aren't enjoying at all, and the company makes me suspicious by not wanting to share all their ingredients and their origins.

Here's what else I've been up to. :laughtwo:

I moved all my indoor vegging clones into 2-3.5 gallon pots (Lester has convinced me that you don't really need much larger than that to get great results, even with HUGE plants) and moved them outside.

I also bought two Old Model 100x3w LED's from TopLed's. They already have arrived :)

Little Blue Blood is doing great, my germinating Mekong High seed doesn't look great, but I'm also germinating a self-pollinated Corleone Kush and it looks to be doing a bit better. I also dropped an old Sniper OG seed that has been through all sorts of heat and other crap that shouldn't let it sprout, but we'll see. I'm doing what I can for the Mekong High but it doesn't look good >.< Why is it that the strains I want to sprout most have the most issues, ugh.

I sprayed down my garage with an Ortho Homeguard insect spray, the stuff that lines cracks and doorframes and etc., because there were whiteflies getting in >.< and also other little nasties. I showed no mercy and will again in a few days just to make sure, its better to prevent bug problems before I get my indoor grow going.

And some great news, Juicy Lucy definitely didn't lose her flavor in the bud wash, maybe a little of the smell, but the flavor is just like the smell. I jarred her yesterday, I haven't weighed her haha because I've already vaped so much... but I'm still left with two mason jars full.
And if this flavor stays the same, I think I may know what strain she was...

I think she was Buddha's Sister. This is just off the top of my head (I have a lot of random genetics info stored up there Lol) but I think I remember Buddha's Sister being a cross of Cheese and Hindu genetics; and that's what comes through in Juicy Lucy. That sweet citrusy smell and flavor translates over to that fantastic sweet, pungent, overwhelming flavor of Cheese, but with something complex and exotic in there too, that I really can't explain. I also know that I bought a lot of Buddha's Sister a few years ago, and got several seeds. This isn't just a total shot in the dark. - this would also mean she was a indica dominant hybrid originally, but the way she grew kind of spidery had me tricked (I smoked lots of spidery Buddha's Sis though) into thinking it a sativa. Or perhaps I got a sativa pheno lol. Idk.

As for the curing Euphoria; she is gorgeous... one of the best buds I've ever grown. I'll add pics of her dried buds soon... I left lots of sugar trim on, they look like they're wearing sugary blankets :D ..and she tastes like I always explained her out of the vape, except the spice kind of goes away, and the citrus/diesel dominates. I've been very happily medicated for days :lot-o-toke::ganjamon:

I could go on, I'm sure there's more for me to share (as always :laughtwo:) but I'm going to go get the wash buckets ready for their third use. Thanks for coming by everyone, I'll be sure to catch up on your journals very soon. :) :Namaste:

Lol, SG you can call me anything but late to dinner.
Unnatural chelation using synthetic or organic acids is what we are trying to avoid and exactly what we get in each and every single bottled nutrient.
Rather, the natural and superior method of feeding our plants actually relies only on feeding and caring for the soil food web, which in turn makes plants that are amazingly pretty, lush, healthy, potent, etc etc...

There is only one method of growing organically that is the real deal and its LOS, rather than selling products that have "proprietary formulas" that we are not able to or supposed to understand, LOS teaches a person about the soil food web and how plants really work and interact with their environment. It teaches you how to make and even grow your own fertilizers, the exact opposite of the hydro model.
Oh yeah did I mention the part about stellar yields, superior produce, and costs pennies on the dollar versus inferior organic methods?

Mind if I post a pic?
image14534.jpg
image14449.jpg

Ill take liberties, lol
These are plants that have been flowering for 20 days and have also been subjected to a little extreme "weather"
No bottles, no worries. No PHing/adjusting, no problems, this is about the easiest and most idiot proof method out there in addition to the other benefits. I'm not selling anything either, I just felt scammed by the Rev's TLO, and when I discovered LOS it was like a lightbulb when on. Then the scammed feeling stung for a bit but I quickly moved on and am "sharing the gospel"
Lol

Thanks
For
The
Space SG

That's why I did a test with my Trainwreck budz. I harvested small sample on 22nd and cleaned it, but only in hot and cold water, and it lost smell overnight. When I put in the jar the smell started turning straight away into dried vegetable, and didn't gained a lot in the next few days. My later harvest wasn't cleaned, it was dried slower, and after putting it in the jar three days ago lemon terpens are still hanging in. I guess I won't be cleaning my budz no more as it doesn't provide me with anything unusual. Yeah, the smoke is really smooth, but then if my later samples are smooth without washing, that's it for me.
I can respect that :) I don't think I'll be washing 100% of my harvests from now on, but I think I'll wash quite a few. I still need to get a better idea of how it affects the end result. I have a nice Euphoria branch left unwashed, and also a good Mini Mama branch left unwashed. I'll compare how they turn out, but even then I still want to try it with more plants. Thanks for sharing C :Namaste:
Are you looking at trichomes on the buds, or just the sugar leaves? They can mature at different rates.

I had 50/50 cloudy/amber on leaves, while buds had zero amber..
With Euphoria yeah, I think I mentioned somewhere in the endless pages of my writing :laughtwo: that on the sugar leaves/fans there were pretty much 100% amber and the buds/calyxes were still 80-90% cloudy, 10-20% amber. But the leaves were really cool to look at when the sun caught them right, it was like little rainbows were reflected back at my eyes from a sea of amber trichomes. I have never seen so much amber on my plants lol :p thanks for coming by Ants :)
It also depends on the strain, While my Bubblelicious was mostly cloudy, I want to sleep everytime i smoke it.
Yes Sir Mr. Pilot Sir :) makes sense, my Pineapple kush would make me tired even at 100% cloudy. :passitleft:
COorganics, my Nanda Devi is from Real Seed Co. The problem with landrace seeds is that germination ratio is poor and you need to use tricks, but if you get a good pheno it can be a real bomb, old schools stuff of the legends. For cold climate I'd look into Canadian genetics though, High Grade Seeds maybe or Next Generation. You might also look up Hybrids From Hell, Danish seed bank that developed few hardy varieties at 58N. You can go two ways, get sth finishing really quickly or sth finishing late in cold and rain, absolutely immune to bad weather.
Thanks for sharing C!
Hello COorg. A long time ago there was a belief that high altitude pot was almost always very good. Not much available info in those days. Your grow will be something I won't want to miss.

I grew Barney's Farm Violator Kush for a few seasons. I mention it because one side of parentage is sativa from Malana Valley, which is over 10,000 ft. elev. An interesting valley, not as well known as nearby Parvati Valley, & locals look totally different from neighboring folks. Supposedly ancestors were Greek soldiers or something like that. But VK was a good strain w/ good high. Just some info for you.
I still think high altitude grown weed is best :) I wish I were at higher altitude. Thanks for sharing your strain info!! :love:
Thanks brightlight,
Ill be looking into the landrace from 10K you speak of. I'm not a big fan of Barney's. I have smoked some Barney's VK that was outstanding. I'm interested in the malana valley sativa, do you know if that is available in seed form?
Thanks!
:)
COorg....Real Seed Co. has a pure Malana but I don't know anything about this seed company. Ace Seed has Canela, which is half Malana & half Jamaican but again I don't have knowledge or experience with it. BF also has its auto Malana Bomb. Curious, why don't you like BF? I've been pretty lucky w/ its strains....at least so far.
I'm curious why you didn't like them too, I remember that BF Critical Kush you entered for POTM a couple months ago, it was a beautiful plant, I bet it was great.
I think BF is just another overpriced, over-hyped polyhybrid factory. I'm looking for new gear soonish, I think swami seeds cherrybomb is definitely on the list. And a landrace from ace, not sure about which one yet, and indica though. But those are for indoor. Thanks for the info I haven't the time now, but will be looking into the sativas you mentioned above. Take my not digging BF with a grain of salt. I grew out their critical kush and it was OK or better. I think BF strains do better with hydro.
Oh there we go. Makes sense. I don't know much about breeders so I'm going to reserve my opinion until it is more informed lol. :Namaste:
I ran Tangerine Dream (out) and Vanilla Kush (in), both from BF. They're shit is mostly ok, but very very unstable. They do not cube at all in my opinion and breed everything with sub par selection of P1. There are better breeders for sure.
Sub par selection of P1... note to self... something else to look into and learn about lol :)
calling me MP i feel like a military policeman, You can call me pilot, or captain, or al. :)
how about pilot captain al :) :laughtwo:
Lol, she calls me corgie, a small ankle biter ;).
hahahaha :)
Congratulations on your harvest!
:thanks:
Lol, SG you can call me anything but late to dinner.
Unnatural chelation using synthetic or organic acids is what we are trying to avoid and exactly what we get in each and every single bottled nutrient.
Rather, the natural and superior method of feeding our plants actually relies only on feeding and caring for the soil food web, which in turn makes plants that are amazingly pretty, lush, healthy, potent, etc etc...

There is only one method of growing organically that is the real deal and its LOS, rather than selling products that have "proprietary formulas" that we are not able to or supposed to understand, LOS teaches a person about the soil food web and how plants really work and interact with their environment. It teaches you how to make and even grow your own fertilizers, the exact opposite of the hydro model.
Oh yeah did I mention the part about stellar yields, superior produce, and costs pennies on the dollar versus inferior organic methods?

Mind if I post a pic?
image14534.jpg
image14449.jpg

Ill take liberties, lol
These are plants that have been flowering for 20 days and have also been subjected to a little extreme "weather"
No bottles, no worries. No PHing/adjusting, no problems, this is about the easiest and most idiot proof method out there in addition to the other benefits. I'm not selling anything either, I just felt scammed by the Rev's TLO, and when I discovered LOS it was like a lightbulb when on. Then the scammed feeling stung for a bit but I quickly moved on and am "sharing the gospel"
Lol

Thanks
For
The
Space SG

No thank you for sharing your opinions and information here Corgie :love: I really appreciate them and enjoy your 'rants' :passitleft:

Hi Bee :) thank you for stopping by, I haven't been very active lately >.< ugh. Last night my Dad got in a car crash, he's fine, but he might lose his license >.< which turns me into his driver by default for at least a few months....... ugh.

I have some good news and some bad news, so the good news first. A Corleone Kush sprouted! Now the bad news. I think I messed up Mekong High somehow... that's a big bummer to me... I think I'm going to practice my seedling technique for the first batch of this grow with Corleone Kush, since I have so many of those seeds now.. then when I have more success I'll do more strains that I have fewer seeds of. 3 more CK beans are in a cup of water already. Also, Blue Blood is doing great.

Mini Lucy is going to come down either tomorrow or the day after, and then probably the two Lucy Bonsai plants. BBK looks great, but her smell is a lot more minty and spicy than before, the Bubba smell is going away a little...
... the 6 new outdoor plants are doing great so far, hope the weather holds for a while :blushsmile: I may add 8 pics today, but I ordered the wrong memory card for my camera >.< So I have to wait until I get the new one to do a normal (for me) update.

So excited to get the indoor grow under way, I still have to do some finishing touches in the flowering room, should only take an hour or so, but I'm being a procrastinating stoner... :lot-o-toke: I'll get there.

:ciao::love:

Back
Top Bottom