SoilGirl's Soil Multi-Strain Grow Journal 2014

Patience MP ;) after the trim there will be pics! Promise! :love:

o jah.. that pic update was a lil chopped up ;)

hopefully the mods can upload those for you instead of removing them, that sounds like a pain.

reminds me of this weekend when my dad decided to talk about how funny it was back in the day when all he had to do was pick up the phone and it would disconnect me from the internet.. the day he discovered that he thought he was a genius "ughh.." looking forward to your new camera!

;)

I&i

Ok bets are open for SGs harvest post.
$10.00 min bet.

< 2000 words 1 - 2 odds
> 2000 words 1 - 1 odds

< 1000 words 5 - 2 odds
< 500 words 100 - 1 odds

:bravo:

Hey guys! The Olympus Stylus camera got here today! I'm trying to figure it out, then I'll have pics of my harvest up! :D

nice harvest SG!!:bravo:
I didn't actually show any of the pics of harvest yet :laughtwo: (or take any) But I suppose its the thought that counts, I appreciate the sentiment ;) :passitleft:
sub'd , i quite enjoy your detailed post look forward to more :)
Welcome to 420 Mag Outdoorfrank! I hope you'll find it as amazing as I have in the last couple months! If you need any help finding your way around or have any questions just shoot and I'll help if I can :)

Also thanks for the kind words and sub, I'm so glad you enjoy my posts Lol. They aren't for everybody. :love:
o jah.. that pic update was a lil chopped up ;)

hopefully the mods can upload those for you instead of removing them, that sounds like a pain.

reminds me of this weekend when my dad decided to talk about how funny it was back in the day when all he had to do was pick up the phone and it would disconnect me from the internet.. the day he discovered that he thought he was a genius "ughh.." looking forward to your new camera!

;)

I&i
Hahaha your Dad sounds funny, mine still tries to pull things like that when he can - but I'm a bit quicker than him these days :laughtwo: :love:

yeah that last update was very strange. But those days of phone cam pics are over! Tonight will break in the new era of SoilGirl photography - without any more smokey smokey rastafarians clouding up my pics :D
Ok bets are open for SGs harvest post.
$10.00 min bet.

< 2000 words 1 - 2 odds
> 2000 words 1 - 1 odds

< 1000 words 5 - 2 odds
< 500 words 100 - 1 odds

:bravo:
Lmao :D I bet.... < 500 words. Maybe <1000. we'll see :laughtwo:
Hi SG. Very nice soil mix....ready & set to produce some oily, sticky dank. Always enjoy reading about soil!
Thanks Bright! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm already excited for the new soil mix, then adding nothing but maybe a compost tea or two and fresh rainwater. :Namaste:

Waiting for the new digital camera to charge :) shouldn't be too long.......
what to do... what to do... :roorrip: :love:

OK here they are! - I could only take 8 because the camera came with everything but a memory card >.< so for now here's what I got!

Big Mama's Selective Harvest!!

Still getting used to my new camera, but lets see what I got!

P92300021.JPG
P92300031.JPG
P92300041.JPG
P9230005.JPG
P9230006.JPG
P9230007.JPG
P9230008.JPG
P9230009.JPG

Still have a kinda shakey hand - but I'm so excited for my new camera - I'll be even more excited when the memory card gets here >.<
But yeah... I just didn't think Big Mama was going to get any bigger or better, so I said hell with it. I've been trimming all night lol. No wash. Going to throw in some boveda 62% humidipacks for a little extra moisture in the box (its dry as hell) and just let her cure, there's a few nugs in another box I didn't take a picture of. Smells like a mellow, floral, earthy, hash. The fruitiness kinda died off. Not the most frosty of plants but she'll keep me happy for a while :) and my Dad is going to enjoy her too I'm sure.

And Baby BB sprouted!! :yahoo:

I'm so happy to not worry about having bud for a while. Whether I chopped her at the right time or not, this feeling of being set for a while was worth it.

:ciao: :love: I have a little scissor hash to try out :D

Looks like Big Mama didn't do too badly for you. :cheesygrinsmiley: (And the fog's cleared from your photos. :laughtwo:)
:bravo::bravo::bravo:
:love:
No not too bad :blushsmile: I just know she would have been something a lot more special if I hadn't messed around with that pH UP so much at such a crucial time for development. Smothered her with love lol. It amazes me how much better off Mini Mama seems to be doing. But yes, this will taste better than or at least as good as most dispensary buds and will definitely medicate me for a while. My guess is.... maybe 2.5 ounces dry out of those colas? We'll see. :volcano-smiley:

I'm still wondering whether I should clone and keep the Mama and Lucy genetics alive for my indoor grow, or if I should just try new seeds. >.< I have another couple weeks to decide, though.

I knew you'd be glad about the camera! :love: Thanks for coming by Teddy!!
Haha thank you MP! :Namaste:

Hey everyone - I went out and saw lots of amber on Big Mama's top colas, so I just said F**K IT, I'm chopping her big colas, I need something to hold me over, and my vape should be here within the week. I'm not even going to bud wash >.< I just have one gallon of 3% hydrogen peroxide, I need lemon juice, and that peroxide was expensive >.< I'll save that for a bigger harvest.

Big Mama went through a sickly patch, and I officially think this is all she'll bulk up. She smells good enough, but Mini Mama is like a 100 times more defined in her terpenes, its almost like when I put on glasses and can see the intricate definition of everything around me instead of just a blur. Sadly Big Mama, is the blurred version. While her offspring is bulking up more and more, she is aerated and fluffy >.< and going nowhere regarding improvements. If nothing else, she will medicate me for quite a while - by the look of her amber trichs, I will be couchlocked for at least a month LOL :)
So I'll let her cure til my vape gets here - then its medication station SOCO over here :D

Maybe someone can convince me to wash - I just don't want to waste my peroxide on her, and I don't have any lemon juice.
I'll add some teeny tiny crappy phone pics after I trim, I'll be leaving on a lot of sugar leaves haha, here's a moment of silence for Big Mama's top colas - sorry girl, I messed you up with those pH adjustments... :Namaste:

Well she will live on, and we'll see if her lower growth bulks up at all >.< but I kinda doubt it.

Did she have any pests that you killed with something that might need to be washed off?

uhm, I sprayed some Monterey Garden Insect Spray (spinosad is the active ingredient, OMRI certified) on it a few weeks ago, but nothing else. It rained once so I'm sure a lot of residue must have been rinsed off, but besides that the manufacturer says the half life of everything in the spray is only 24-48 hrs, what doesn't get sucked into the foliage just breaks down naturally, so I'm not too worried about that.

What I am a little on the wall about is, bug spit (tons of flies spit all over the leaves of Big Mama - certainly there's spit on the buds), dust, dead bugs stuck in my buds I can't see, any missed pillar poop, etc. I'm sure there's crap in there that I don't want to smoke.... so I wont be smoking it :)

My new EQ Arizer is on the way and I plan to use most of Mama's harvest in there... that's not to say I'm fine with there being other crap in my buds.... I'm still very grossed out by that... but I've never washed before and always been happy, and the vape makes me feel a little better. - I suppose vaporized pillar poop sounds better to me than burnt pillar poop particles in my lungs :rofl:

Inspect yr budz with a loupe or whatever closely and if you see any poop wash them, if not then leave them as they are. I'm not surw myself if I'll be cleaning most of my crop. I did with a branch here or there that got sand stuck to the sugar leaves, but if I see that budz are clean I dry them without washing.

Thanks Conrad - I'll do just that. But how should I wash if omitting peroxide and lemon juice? with just clean water? and isn't it too late to wash now that the've been chopped for about 18 hrs? :thanks:

Thanks Conrad - I'll do just that. But how should I wash if omitting peroxide and lemon juice? with just clean water? and isn't it too late to wash now that the've been chopped for about 18 hrs? :thanks:

Not too late to wash. You are drying the inside of the plant, not the outside of the plant.
You biggest concern is drooling on your cardboard box :)

Peroxide is an optional, heavy, wash. Citrus juice balanced with baking soda is a good wash by itself.

OK... now its been 24 hrs since chop. Would you still say to wash some branches rado? I think I may do that. Thanks for that response!!

Actually I don't think I can - we don't have any citrus juice. I'll find a good organic 100% lemon juice (I don't want to squeeze lemons Lol) and will wash pretty much all my buds from this point on, I'm sure I'll kick myself for not doing it this time, I was lazy and unprepared. But at least now I have a comparison.

I didn't see any pillar poop anyways... (that doesn't mean there isn't any) but I'll get prepared for my next harvests and washes asap. instead of this expensive 3% peroxide I'll buy a heavier concentrated 30% or something so I can make multiple uses out of a gallon, and I'll stock up on lemon juice (and protect it from my Dad lol. He LOVES home made lemonade) - already stocked up on baking soda.

Lemon juice from concentrate is fine. It all gets washed off in the next bucket.
My first harvest I didn't have lemon juice so I used lime juice - tres chic moi :)

I was planning to do the the 30% hydrogen peroxide (we keep it on hand for cleaning all the pipes) but turn my wife said we don't need it and I only had three clean buckets, so I went without. That first grow was pest free and in an enclosed indoor room anyway. About all that landed on it was my beard hairs.

Do what you think it's right. I just found the washed, ripe bud smokes to white ash and is super smooth.

My third washing I was working with a new partner so I only went about 20 seconds per bucket - 30+ seconds tastes better.

Back
Top Bottom