Solo Grow Challenge 2014 - Preparation Thread

Stumped, are you doing some form of voodoo to get your clones working so quick? You should drop into BAR's journal & give him some tips, he's a fully fledged member of the dead clone society

tell him come to the playground. I don't wander far lol

every solo contest ive read about that's how cloning works for these contests.

if using rooting hormone and a healthy mother along with proper conditions, should be no reason why they don't see roots in a week. people can take clones whenever but can plant them till the 14th.longer they stay in cubes less chance they have to enter stasis. I figured 2 weeks was more then enough. if ya cant get clones rooted within 2 weeks there doing it wrong. people can cut clones whenever, up to them to know there cloning abilities and time accordingly. that aint part of the contest. cloning is a no brainer for me so I guess I took it for granted

Stumped, are you doing some form of voodoo to get your clones working so quick? You should drop into BAR's journal & give him some tips, he's a fully fledged member of the dead clone society

only thing I do.
stimroot powder
80f temp
80rh
rockwool cubes

add water every 3 days.

about the only advice I can give besides 45 degree cuts, cutting leaves in half and scraping the sides.
some strains do root faster then others. I should see roots on the 40 ak clones I took in 2 or 3 days.

This is such a good idea. I can't wait too see the results, wish I couldve got in on this ... Oh well maybe the next one....???

got till the 28th to join.

welcome man

Thanks man, im excited to get started. I read over all the rules and it seems pretty basic.

Welcome aboard kraw, this is gonna be a blast :)

Heyy Skunny, heck yeah it is. I have some serious planning to do.... lol
You know what strain your going to be using?

I've got some Hawaiian Skunk Haze & Skunk Haze reg seeds that were freebies & I guess they are all the same strain, just different stickers. I'll germ 2 or three of them so I know there'll be a girl to play with & I've also got an unknown bagseed that I'll throw into the mix.

I'm planning to go with seeds I think, maybe one clone if I have a spare. I'll post a picture of it's progression just before the comp to see if it qualifies. They seem to take around 3 weeks to root in my misty dome & I cut a couple at the weekend

really?
3 weeks . hmm maybe I should change the start dates?

or tell people to cut now?

Like you said before, people can cut as early as they like but can not plant until the 14th. I think thats fair no? Everyone knows roughly the amount of time it takes for their system to produce roots on clones. For me its roughly 2 weeks usually a day or two before.

Back
Top Bottom