South Indian Sativa LED SOG Experiment

Bro, when you talk about the trichome percentage.. how do you asses that? do you just take your magnifying tool and look at one certain spot.. or do u check all around the plant for the same consistency? should i be looking at the top half of the plant or the bottom half?

if its too much to explain.. maybe u could help me out by sharing a thread which explains how to check percentages..

Thanks!
Check several buds till they are pretty consistent. The trics on the leaves will turn before the trics on the buds so just make sure your looking at the bud. The more amber you let it get the more CBD will be in it, as the trics amber up the THC turns to CBD. The highest THC content will be at mostly cloudy with very few amber...️

Nice dude!! Very well done...
Turned out perfect.. if you train the next landrace grow with a scrog n a hydroponic system like hempy or dwc it would at the very least look like a champion sativa breed... Absolutely no problem in the strain.. the strain looks amazing..
All thats left is to harvest it and see how good the high is with properly cured buds!!

The buds fattened up nicely towards the last leg...
The strain looks like it can handle a 2 weeks or so in veg and a quick flip to flower in a sog setup...

Some questions i have if you can help me out with:
So how much did u flower??I mean how many days did you grow on 12/12?(might help planning future grows)
How much was the delivery time from aliexpress??(I am looking to do a hempy/dwc experiment with leds, will do a journal then)
And how much import duty did you pay??
All this is on randongrow nutes?!(I am planning on jungle juice, but if randongrow gave these results i dont think i need to shell out money on jungle juice)

N i would be coming back to India august this year.. i am buying a lot of seeds(bulk seeds).. fem autos mostly... They will not be as good as the specialized autos from like barney's or Mephisto, but i think they would surely be a better bet than bag seeds... I am thinkin gof growing these along with my experiments on bagseeds, so that i get atleast something for my troubles.. Hit me up then.. I will send some seeds to you too!!

Nice dude!! Very well done...
Turned out perfect.. if you train the next landrace grow with a scrog n a hydroponic system like hempy or dwc it would at th......

Hey Soma,

Sounds good bro, let me know when ur in India .

As for ur questions,

The plants vegged for 46 days and then I started 12/12 photoperiod. So I began flowering them 65 days back. This strain really does take a long time to flower, but I've got the patience and it's beginning to really turn out well. I sampled a young bud and it was really good.. I mean really really good. So yeah it's been 65 days since I switched to 12/12 and I'm guessing this plant will be ready for harvest in another 35-40 days. So yes.. in total It's gonna be like 140-150 days from seed to harvest. It's a long one.. but I've learned sooo soooo much I'm actually thankful..

Import duty was like 1500-2000 Rupees..

All this is on radongrow + calcium nitrate powder and magnesium sulfate powder.. I'm sure if I use radongrow again next time I'll be able to get even better results because I've gotten better..

Let's see how things go from here on.. at this point just gonna keep her fed.. and once I observe that the trichomes are at the maturity level I want them at, I'll start feeding it plain water, and then harvest.

Cheers and Stay Tuned!

Hey Soma,

Sounds good bro, let me know when ur in India .

As for ur questions,

The plants vegged for 46 days and then I started 12/12 photoperiod. So I began flowering them 65 days back. This strain really does take a long time to flower, but I've got the patience and it's beginning to really turn out well. I sampled a young bud and it was really good.. I mean really really good. So yeah it's been 65 days since I switched to 12/12 and I'm guessing this plant will be ready for harvest in another 35-40 days. So yes.. in total It's gonna be like 140-150 days from seed to harvest. It's a long one.. but I've learned sooo soooo much I'm actually thankful..

Import duty was like 1500-2000 Rupees..

All this is on radongrow + calcium nitrate powder and magnesium sulfate powder.. I'm sure if I use radongrow again next time I'll be able to get even better results because I've gotten better..

Let's see how things go from here on.. at this point just gonna keep her fed.. and once I observe that the trichomes are at the maturity level I want them at, I'll start feeding it plain water, and then harvest.

Cheers and Stay Tuned!
Wow thats like a lifetime... 150-160 days!!!!!!!! Almost 6 months if you count veg... That's a near 100% sativa strain.. u will enjoy the psychedelic high...:)

This is really a great cool project to do in a sog n 12/12 from seed... You have no dearth of seeds..

Wow thats like a lifetime... 150-160 days!!!!!!!! Almost 6 months if you count veg... That's a ne.....

You're right, this is as true a Sativa as they come..

Actually in the very beginning I had overwatered the plant like crazy and the plant was in shock.. so that's why I had to veg it for another 2 weeks just to get it back to shape. My plan was 28 days veg (4 weeks)... but because of the shock.. it took me 46 days to then decide that the plant was ready for 12/12. Makes a difference of 2 weeks.. but still.. this plant definitely is a true slow flowering sativa.

And I agree, if there ever was a strain to try SOG, Scrog.. etc etc... this is definitely the one.

I'm very delighted with the capability of this seed, can't believe it's the same seed which these local dealers grow but with such terrible technique and storing/curing methods..

Just goes to show how a plant will respond if u show it some love and respect!!

Hasnain, India is on my travel list so when we go I'll definitely let you know. It'd be great to meet you and I'd love to take some seed home to see what I could make of them. I could bring some strains that you may be interested in growing. This is my true sativa grow right now. It's a blend of two Thai sativas. I love those needle thin leaves. Still a few weeks to go before harvest and the buds are starting to really fatten up since this photo.

ThaiThai.JPG

Hasnain, India is on my travel list so when we go I'll definitely let you know. It'd be great to meet you and I'd love to take some seed home to see what I could make of them. I could bring some strains that you may be interested in growing. This is my true sativa grow right now. It's a blend of two Thai sativas. I love those needle thin leaves. Still a few weeks to go before harvest and the buds are starting to really fatten up since this photo.

ThaiThai.JPG
Are those cree leds you are using in your setup?!

Are those cree leds you are using in your setup?!

It's a mix of 16 Cree CXB3590s, 4 (soon to be 8) Samsung FB24Bs, and 8 Samsung F564Bs all in 3500K. Two 22" F564Bs in parallel are the same as the 44" FB24B.

Let's see some updates! Your girl still doing good?

Day 122

The girl is looking good, just by touching and giving the buds a bit of a squeeze I'm able to feel that they've started getting just a bit denser..

I checked the trichomes and right now pretty much a 100% of the heads are clear, the cloudiness hasn't appeared yet.

I did take out yet another small bud and dried and cured it (it weighed about 0.6 grams dry - 3 sessions of vaping, 0.2 grams each sesh).. and vaped it... and again... mind blowing raw mango taste and the high is superb but I'm sure once the plant fully matures I'll be able to feel the effects to the max... also, I vaped with my wife.. so we both shared... and we both got super high, so I'm just imagining the high if I would've vaped the total 0.6 grams just by myself!!

I just can't believe that such shitty dirtweed which I buy from shady dealers, can actually give u such AMAZING results if grown with respect.. and damn, it's not like I'm a pro! I've made a bunch of mistakes and the plant was under tremendous stress in it's early days.. but it still made it.. so if this bagseed was grown by one of u pros or even semi-pros... whoa it'd been crazy..

Anyways, I'll post some new pics soon, just thought I'd post something when there have been some more developments..

At this point, just keeping the plant happy and keeping a check on the trichomes.

Cheers, and Stay Tuned!

Day 122

The girl is looking good, just by touching and giving the buds a bit of a squeeze I'm able to feel that they've started getting just a bit denser..

I checked the trichomes and right now pretty much a 100% of the heads are clear, the cloudiness hasn't appeared yet.

I did take out yet another small bud and dried and cured it (it weighed about 0.6 grams dry - 3 sessions of vaping, 0.2 grams each sesh).. and vaped it... and again... mind blowing raw mango taste and the high is superb but I'm sure once the plant fully matures I'll be able to feel the effects to the max... also, I vaped with my wife.. so we both shared... and we both got super high, so I'm just imagining the high if I would've vaped the total 0.6 grams just by myself!!

I just can't believe that such shitty dirtweed which I buy from shady dealers, can actually give u such AMAZING results if grown with respect.. and damn, it's not like I'm a pro! I've made a bunch of mistakes and the plant was under tremendous stress in it's early days.. but it still made it.. so if this bagseed was grown by one of u pros or even semi-pros... whoa it'd been crazy..

Anyways, I'll post some new pics soon, just thought I'd post something when there have been some more developments..

At this point, just keeping the plant happy and keeping a check on the trichomes.

Cheers, and Stay Tuned!
Waiting for pix!!
Yes dude.. one of my frens growing a dinafem auto haze... He harvested them last week..
But he said it was no where near the buds he grew with bagseeds from some random goa score... I think we in our country have been gifted with naturally awesome genetics...
Hope our govt follows the western countries and atleast legalize growing for medical consumption...

Sent from my Pixel XL using 420

Who knows, maybe someday it'll happen.. lol if it ever gets legalised, the first thing I'm gonna do is turn my backyard into a pot farm!! Hahahahaha

And yeah, I've got quite a lot of seeds which are autos... so that's the advantage of those seeds..

Now obviously, potency/taste/high will vary from strain to strain.. but I'm happy to realise that I don't need to think that I've gotta order seeds from abroad anymore.. this bagseed is amazing... and why shouldn't it be? Growing it might be a challenge.. but once u get the hold of it, it's great.

Of course if I am desiring something which this Landrace South-Indian Sativa cannot offer, then and only then will I ever think of buying some strain which might suit my needs.

Who knows, maybe someday it'll happen.. lol if it ever gets legalised, the first thing I'm gonna do is turn my backyard into a pot farm!! Hahahahaha

And yeah, I've got quite a lot of seeds which are autos... so that's the advantage of those seeds..

Now obviously, potency/taste/high will vary from strain to strain.. but I'm happy to realise that I don't need to think that I've gotta order seeds from abroad anymore.. this bagseed is amazing... and why shouldn't it be? Growing it might be a challenge.. but once u get the hold of it, it's great.

Of course if I am desiring something which this Landrace South-Indian Sativa cannot offer, then and only then will I ever think of buying some strain which might suit my needs.
You might probably like the visual appeal of buds and the bagging quality.. but the thc content in naturally occurring sativa landrace is very high... I was just chatting up with the employees of a seed store in Amsterdam... They have very high opinion of tropical sativas and Himalayan indicas.. the cross breeds are good for indoor grows n controlled grows... But a wild landrace growing outdoors in it's home is something no breeder can ever claim to come close to.. They seen 20+% thc in natural sativa breeds from brazil Africa thai n india... The added advantage of growing in India is that it requires very less conditioning of environment since they are in their home... The only downsides as per those guys is indoor grows aren't the way to properly grow landrace sativas and pretty time consuming (part of this maybe was a marketing gimmick to make me buy sum engineered autos, but their arguments made sense)... They adviced to save the hardest seeds from the longest n smelliest bud from the score.. this will maximize probability of picking up good genetics..

But none the less m pretty sure our landrace sativas,if not better, will atleast be comparable to the strains sold by seedbanks...

N i personally m a big fan of energetic highs... I would always prefer it over the couch lock of indicas...

As Hasnain and I can attest the sativas take forever to mature, so definitely not a marketing gimmick. We wait, and wait, and wait some more. But for that energetic high it is well worth the wait. One of those plants in my photos still has another 50 days to go!
Hasnain, think about all that you've learned and how much easier your next grow will be. Kinda makes you want to germinate another seed, doesn't it. :)

As Hasnain and I can attest the sativas take fo.....

Haha yes bro I definitely want to!

But what I'm gonna do is this.. once this harvest is done, my next grow will be a few of the autos which I've got, just to mix it up a bit. Once that's done, then I'll try another strain.

If I am to grow this landrace bagseed again, I'll have to make better adjustments, I'll have to really get into a proper Scrog setup, that's the only way I'll be able to grow this plant indoors... because u can clearly see that this strain is a MONSTER.

I don't mind growing outdoors, but man it'd take an eternity.. even when I've manipulated and forced the plant to flower indoors; it's still taken so much time.. so imagine if I just let it run on natural photoperiod.. might easily increase the grow period by another month or so!!

But what I'll do is, I'll grow just a few plants outdoors and grow some autos indoors in the meantime.

I'll be taking pics and giving another update tomorrow, so Stay Tuned and thanks for all the help and feedback so far guys, highly appreciate it!!

Day 126

Plant is fine, I had a look at the trichomes.. I think they're good Nana start getting a bit cloudy soon, because some of them aren't looking super crystal clear anymore.. maybe my eyes are playing tricks.. but it'll be more evident soon enough..

Here r some pics

8fd1db1bb4309ee5d3ebec2ec29282d0.jpg

70970febbf5e9f943d032953f5a3d4eb.jpg

Cheers!!

Nothing but buds, Hasnain! How exciting for you! It's crazy how big those colas have gotten. That plant has produced way more than I'd ever expected. That's the power and tenacity of life.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom