Started In September: Was Really Mean To Some Plants, I Think I'm Good Now

Tom Fry

420 Member
Hey All, Decided to start a grow diary to track and learn and grow.

I have been a medical patient since 2016 and didn't really ever use or grow cannabis before that. Then my dad planted about 15 bag seeds and gave me 2 plants. I left them in the yard for a month, then brought them in, and a colony of ants that's started to set up defensive structures in my basement. I napalmed that whole situation and decided growing in a potato bin isn't going to be helpful. Smarted up and decided to get spiritual...I mean serious, and got my licence to grow and can have 39 plants.

So to make a long story short, I got a 5x5 tent, 3x3 tent, converted a 6x10 cold room to a grow room. Also made a cloning and germination station area.

Im a permaculturist that's been planting food forests for a few years and the living soil, organic, earthworm casting seems like it will stack nicely with all my outdoor resources. Also why I think I will catch on quickly here, I've been building the soil biome in my yard for almost 4 seasons. I have an acre of food forest with every herb and shrub, vegetable and tree (berries, cherries, apples and plums) that grows in zone 3. I have a predominantly perennial orchard that is now self-sustaining and I can get lazier as I and it ages... the harvest is the bulk work. The last 3 years outside have been forking 20 arborist truckload of wood chips and planting thousands of beings. Its cold as hell 5 months a year, so I gotta grow and onions only have so much challenge. Cannabis and hot peppers...yes!

My grows so far have been an experiment and while very enjoyable, have been a complete shit show. Let me just say, I'm not sure why (I know why), but hard tap water AND Epson salt on the reg, was just mean to the plants, like sad. I have awoken from the rubble much stronger and aware! Still going to make a ton of mistakes, because that's kinda my jam...but I'm kinda catching on...leave the plants alone, eh. All in on slow-release Gaia Green now.

So that's what's growing on here, plan on doing a lot of extraction site as well and have just learned so much from this forum, that I have to start a thread.

Cheers!

20210221_145719.jpg
IMG_0090.jpg
20210221_145638.jpg
20210221_144549.jpg

The start of my grow, the last grow one of winter before I start and toss a bunch of autos outside in the dirt.

My first couple runs have been photoperiods, but I decided on autos to merge lighting with herb and veg seed starting season in the yard 18/6 all the way through seems more complimentary and adjustable.

I am using super soil in 3 or 5-gallon fabric pots, I have an RO filter and use that water and a soil ph tester. The plan is to start cooking some soil blends myself, get an earthworm farm and eventually stock up with dried comfrey and compost and other dynamic accumulators for they nutes in the fall to get me through winter.

There are 5 OG Kush and 3 "free" Auto Gelato

The OG kush was actually free as well, because I only germinated 1 of 5 in my first order so they replaced them, very honorable unlike my germination skill. Now I see it was 100% my fault for throwing them in a 3 gallon pot and letting them dry out (more then once) lol.

8 out of 8 popped. Shweet.

I have a little bit of paralysis from analysis but have enough base knowledge now, that I'm gonna go with the low flow and really just observe more than interact. I think my plants are stunted for multiple reasons lol, but overtraining, defoliating and light too close and a real problem I need to face.

20210221_091344.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting in Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews?

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom