Stix First Hydro Grow

which 3 strains would you like to see grown first?

• White Widow (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 145 50.2%
  • Oasis (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • Blueberry (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 148 51.2%
  • Strawberry Cough (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 104 36.0%
  • Orange Bud (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 72 24.9%
  • Skywalker (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 81 28.0%
  • Northern Lights (NL)

Votes: 130 45.0%

• Total voters
Re: StiX` First Hydro Grow

Man first off sweet grow room, i think you might be my new personal hero(it used to be The Dude). and I cant wait to see the results from the first grow you have. Also you should definatley send an e-mail to DcChronic saying thanx for the help ass-hole these guys got my $1000, glad you could help me find a reliable seed carrier. Quck question, was the bag seed good? and do you plan on seeing it through the entire process or are you just skrewing around with them for practice on the real deal?

Keep up the great work, and again great grow room. . . best i've seen on the forums yet!!! :Rasta:

thanks for the nice words about my grow room brett. As far as drchronic goes, I was shocked on the uninterest they had towards my order. Hey they lost $1200 bucks, they know it and dont care to much about it, Oh well. As far as the bag seeds go. The weed they came from was nothing special at all. I will keep them going as planned. If they interfer with my (good) grow then to the trash they go. Or maybe I'll just put them into some dirt and let them live :hmmmm:.

I just put them in the rainforest last night. I think something may be wrong with the pump. Well, its not actually a pump, its a long cylinder that spins very quickly drawing the water up then throwing it around 360 degrees like a fine mist. But the pump is vibrating the whole system. The Hydroton is shaking so much that they are spinning in place. the seedlings are also vibrating ALOT. I called the place I got it from today. They told me to bring the pump in and they will check it out. So, that's what I'll be doing in a little while.

I'm still waiting on my 2nd shipment of seeds. As soon as they come the poll will be closed and I will start the grow :allgood:

I've added another smaller inline fan for the 400 MH light in my veg room. It was just getting to hot in there. Seems to be working fine.

Another seed sprouted last night. That makes 5 outta 6 bag seeds. Not to bad!

Right on stix. Yeah the white fussy stuff may be a few different things. It is mostly the skin around the seed. For the most part youll be ok.

I'll send ya a blueberry seed. I ordered extra blueberry and white widow :grinjoint:

Still waiting on the 2nd shipment of seeds, should be here soon.

My test plants arent doing much in the rainforest. The first set of leaves are a little droopy. I think all the vibration from the first pump had a negative affect on them. The new pump is working perfectly. Hopefully I will see some change in the next week.

yeah man...what's the hold up here GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!

We're waiting - :passitleft: - But this thing will only last so long...

LMAO... We can't wait man!!!

lol, the impatience is felt by many, especially me! The test plants are doing well. I've had them in the rainforest for little over a week, well 3 of them anyway. The other 2 were late poppers. All 5 are in there now. The root growth is amazing. They are reaching the nutes in the resevoir. I tried to update with some pics last night but apparently they are doing work on the site according to DuHui. I will post pics in a little bit using photobucket if I have to. I am changing the nutes in the rainforest now. I started out with a low solution (cloning solution). Now I'm increasing the nutes to the (grow solution). I should be able to transplant to the EBB & FLOW system in a week or so. I'm still waiting on the rest of my seeds. It's been 12 days so far, I'm not worried yet. This gives me time to properly test the 2 systems anyway.

ok, lets see if I got photos to work.

Here's a pic of the roots I was talking about, this plant is about 8 days old

testplant0091.jpg

hey..that's always what the next grow is for...to tweak the shoulda's

alright, I just changed the nutes in the rainforest. I'm up to 200 ML Flora Gro - 120 ML Micro Gro - 40 ML Flora Bloom. PH is around 5.9. Water Temp is around 72 F. Should the Nutes be warmer? I just put a heating mat under the resevoir, it should bring it up to around 80 F.
I also just cleaned about 60 LBS of Hydroton. I let it sit overnight in one of the sink bases with about 10 gallons of water. I let 16 gallons of water sit overnight to clear the chlorine for the rainforest in the other sink base.

I let the Hydroton and the water sit for 24 hours

nutes0021.jpg

I mixed the nutes in the sink and used a airstone to keep it circulating

nutes0051.jpg

nutes0071.jpg

I'm glad I decided to go with the double sink instead of a single. It has come in handy alot!

Back
Top Bottom