First Grow - Hydro - WWM and freebies

KannabisKid

Alright, this my first grow. Decided to go hydro and threw in 1 soil for shits & giggles. Honestly to see which one we would be more proficient at. Started 4 seeds to start with, 2 of each. All germed but only 3 made it. 2 WWM and one freebie (Afgahn x Mazar). Being our first grow, we invested some cash into the setup and will be constantly adding more. Have run into a few snags here and there, but we are working through it following some of the other journals. Man this place is a wealth of info. Decided to throw up my own and get feedback/support. The 2 larger are about 4 weeks from germ and the little one about a week later. Got a little nute burn using the GH nutes so I flushed and ran water for 2 days. Doesn't seem to be getting worse. Got some Fox Farm GB Hydro to replace the GH. Lights are 24/0 for now. Tips and feedback definitely welcomed.

Alright.Let's try the photos again.

WWM-1
100_3163_1.jpg

Afghan x Mazar
100_3161_1.jpg

WWM-2
100_3168_1.jpg

And the group shot
100_3178_1.jpg

I will post some more pics in the next day or so.

Waterfarms?

What is the makeup of your soil? Got plenty of perlite in it?

What type of GH nutrients were you using? At what strength did you suffer nutrient burn? If you followed GH's recipe... that's "a little" strong lol. There are lots of good feeding schedules floating around the net.

I'd be interested in seeing a grow comparison between the same plants grown in the same setup, one with FF and one with GH.

Waterfarms?

What is the makeup of your soil? Got plenty of perlite in it?

What type of GH nutrients were you using? At what strength did you suffer nutrient burn? If you followed GH's recipe... that's "a little" strong lol. There are lots of good feeding schedules floating around the net.

It is a 50/50 mix of Gardener and Bloom organic potting soil and organic compost. Didn't add any more perlite other than what was premixed with the soil. Should we add more? Also dropped a handful of local worm castings.
We were running the schedule for GH according to the nute thread in the forums. Seems happiehippie had the same problem if I am not mistaken.
Just picked up a bottle of FF GB to replace the GH.

WHATS UP MAN!!!!!!....your right,,,,,you can bumb the newts back a tad...not to much..maybe halve...most of my problem was the 'NUTE SPLASH" on the leaves...it was not so much the nutes were to strong...but they were to strong when they splashed on the tender new leaves...looks like what you got....once that nute juice hits the leaves, thay do that...it wont recover...but wont get worst........keep it up and i'll be watching......."GREEN MOJO" to those little ladys man...............PEACE

Didn't add any more perlite other than what was premixed with the soil. Should we add more?

Might think about it, I don't see much in the picture. Many people add up to 25% perlite (depending on the composition of their "soil" mix). Cannabis likes a well-drained and breathable medium.

Other than that your mix sounds pretty healthy. I just read that Gardener and Bloome (Harvest Supreme) contains: fir bark, forest humus, 15% chicken manure, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, oyster shell and dolomite limes.

Ok. Now I have a few days off so I can get caught up with the journal.

happiehippie- Glad to see you dropped by and thanks for the info. The only thing I don't like about the setup is the bursting bubbles splashing all over the place. Guess it will only affect them during the beginning.

TorturedSoul- Thanks for dropping by and for the info. I need as much as I can get.

l8tnightskunk- Thanks man. We are just getting started so we will be upgrading from time to time.

I have noticed the leaves are starting to curl down a bit, but there is definitely some growth happening. Gonna post some more pics in a bit. Just waking up lol.

Alright. Here we go.

WWM-1

Should I cut the badly burned leaf off, or leave it be?
rsz_100_3206.jpg

Leaf curl and nute splash from the drip/splatter. Was thinking the curl was from too much water, but unsure. Should I put the watering on a timer or let it be?Anybody have any idea? Also, what is the best approach to getting rid of the excess nutes dried on the leaves?
rsz_100_3199.jpg

rsz_100_3201.jpg

Afghan x Mazar

Honestly not too concerned with this one. It was a freebie. My focus is on the Widows, but hey, this was free :grinjoint:
rsz_100_3204.jpg

WWM-2

This is the second widow. She looks to be doing well.
rsz_100_3205.jpg

rsz_100_3202.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I would trim the badly burnt leaf i once tore a leaf off mine when they were young and the thing came back with some power! the widow is looking healthy!

Cool. Thanks man. I will give that a shot.

On another note, I haven't started back on nutes yet due to a ph issue. They were out of ph down so I settled for another brand. That stuff didn't work worth a damn. If anything it raised the ph level to almost 8. The water is being stored in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone running nonstop. Anybody have any alternative methods until they get some ph down back in stock?

Leaf curl and nute splash from the drip/splatter. Was thinking the curl was from too much water, but unsure. Should I put the watering on a timer or let it be?Anybody have any idea? Also, what is the best approach to getting rid of the excess nutes dried on the leaves?
rsz_100_3199.jpg

rsz_100_3201.jpg

I think your plants look great! They have a beautiful green color to them. The leaf curl could be due to a lot of things. You are having trouble with your ph, so I would correct that before anything. You could try using vinegar to lower the ph. It's a temporary solution, and usually is very unreliable, but in your situation I would try it since ph down is currently unavailable. I would wipe the leaves gently with a damp paper towel to get the dried nutes off the leaves.

Ch0d4- thanks for stopping by. There will be more to come for sure. Stay tuned.

Ms.Fox- Thanks for stopping by and for the compliment/tips. Very much appreciated. I am doing my best although I know I am gonna run into a few snags here and there being my first grow and all.

The girls are starting to wreak lol. Didn't think they were gonna smell this strong this early. Gotta work on some odor control soon.

I am battling some ph issues and was wondering if anyone could help. The 5 gallon bucket that I filled up 3 days ago will not drop below 7-8. I am using ph down and have tripled the amount to no avail. The directions say 2 drops per gallon = 10. I tried that amount yesterday and no change. This morning I hit it with 30. Still nothing. What is the average amount you all use per gallon?

WHATS UP BROTHER!!!!!.....lets see....first when mine where your age....seems like yesturday..LOL..I only ran the water rings for 2 hrs a day....and I went to 24/7 running of the water rings a week before i went to flower...it seemed to work and did not have the salt everywhere then.............the PH thing is simple.....this is what I do and I have no problems between the "every 7 day nute change" ....the ph stays between 5-6........I fill all my gallon jugs, about 11 gls. at a time....that many cause they drink five to six gallons a week, i top off every day with PH'ed water....let it sit over night, then PH it to 5-6...i add my nutes, the PH AGAIN to 5-6.....I then PH once a day and it stays at 5-6 all week till i swap nutes again........if I were you I would do this method and put it in the water farms and get rid of what you got now....because I beilive dummping a bunch of stuff to fix the level will shock the plants....so be carfull.........hope this helps and good luck.....................PEACE

Back
Top Bottom