First Grow - Hydro - WWM and freebies

Well I was going to post an update tonight, but we just toked on the last bit of really good shit we got from about 4 months ago. I had trouble remembering what photos were uploaded lol. Well I'll save that til tomorrow. If you want a sneak peek I did manage to upload successfully.

I cant wait!

Ok, here we go. Not a whole lot has changed, other than I missed a res change and did it a day and a half later and my leaves started looking like this:

rsz400.jpg

Is this a normal factor? I am assuming it's a deficiency. Hasn't worsened since I didn't miss the last change. I know being this far there isn't much that can be done, but knowledge is key so any feedback would be appreciated.

I checked the trichs last night and have a few amber caps and a lot I thought were still clear. Just read How to know when to harvest. :thanks: Racefan. Having read that, I am going to recheck tonight knowing the difference in them all now. I was a little impatient looking at them at 60x mag. Gotta figure out how to hold still for that lol.

Canopy and Profile

rsz398.jpg

rsz391.jpg

rsz392.jpg

rsz393.jpg

Colas and Buds

rsz394.jpg

rsz395.jpg

rsz396.jpg

rsz397.jpg

rsz404.jpg

rsz405.jpg

rsz401.jpg

Sorry. I get camera crazy when visiting her lol. Let me know what you all think.

I think she looks amazing despite the discoloration in those fan leaves. The colas look like they will swell up and become monsters in the coming weeks. Great job man +reps!

Well none of the beans from the recent germ attempt made it. Decided to make another attempt at the WWM next with an unknown from the seed stash. Using the paper towel method. Does the cable box provide too much heat? Used peat pellets before so this is new to me.

Well none of the beans from the recent germ attempt made it. Decided to make another attempt at the WWM next with an unknown from the seed stash. Using the paper towel method. Does the cable box provide too much heat? Used peat pellets before so this is new to me.

When we germinated our seeds, we just put them in a paper towel, in a small plastic container and made sure the towel stayed damp and dark. I don't think you'll need to keep them on the cable box. Just in a dark spot that won't get too cold, like a cupboard.

Thanks for the info Mac. I have read different methods and some say use a small heat source to speed things up. I'll try without.

Weedy - Thanks for the compliments. I have a 4' 4 bulb T5 with a supplemental 40w cfl. Possibly gonna upgrade to a 6 or 8 bulb or a Switchable 400w. Not sure yet. Trying to decide. I know the yield will be better with MH & HPS.

I took a sample off of one of the leaves last night to check trichs. Of the trichs that are fully developed I have clear, cloudy and amber. I don't have a ratio % due to the small portion of leaf I took, which was the tip of a small one on a side cola. Not sure if it's just the light on the pocket micro or what but it does give off a yellowish light so I'm not 100% on the amber trichs. Some of the trichs on the buds give an almost hazy prism effect on the trichs that I am guessing are cloudy when the light hits them. I just ordered a loupe today and will have that in the next week. 60x mag is just too much for me. I can't even keep it still with a stationary object lol. I was thinking of taking one of the side colas tonight but want to make sure it won't adversely affect the plant. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help and info Tunes. I needed that.

Thanks for dropping by Kendawg and the compliments. I am a first timer so it's a little rough in my opinion.

Got my 30x loupe and what a difference it made. Not as much magnification, but definitely better in my case lol. I can see a broader view now instead of a pinpoint which was difficult for me to keep still.

Well the lady has been getting flushed this week. Trichs are mostly cloudy with a few clear and amber here and there. While examining the trichs, ended up with some resin on the loupe lol. Well that's it for now.

Looking sweet. Kid!
I've had leaves that did that late in flower. It only affected the large fan leaves, not the buds.
I think it's a minor mirconute deficiency, and is kinda normal in late flower. The rest of the plant looks healthy, so it shouldn't really be a problem. Mind you, I'm no expert, but I have see this in my grows.

WOW!!!! dude i am impressed! Makes my mouth water! Its been fun watching your grow, I hope mine turns out as well! and damn......sexy ass Mary Jane I need to go stare some more with my mouth wide open like an old perverted man......i need a tissue..........................for the drool you pervs!!!

++ reps if i could!

Alright here we go. Update time.

Canopy and Profile

6491.jpg

6415.jpg

6451.jpg

Colas and Buds

6431.jpg

6441.jpg

6471.jpg

6481.jpg

Took all of the large colas off a few days ago. This is one Dense plant and has a lot of immature buds left. She is still alive for now while contemplating what to do. Keep her going and re-veg or wait a few more days to let some of the other buds left on finish and chop her completely.

After her haircut

6521.jpg

6531.jpg

6501.jpg

Currently Drying

6542.jpg

6551.jpg

6561.jpg

This girl has gone through a couple of different scents. She started off almost unnoticeable with a light sweet floral scent. Later in flowering she kicked over to a sweet musky scent. While we trimmed up the colas, she released a Very Strong kerosene scent that was overwhelming. Had to take a few breaks and get some fresh air. Not sure if that is normal. The next day the whole house smelled skunky and it took a couple of days to eliminate the odor.

nice. did you already take those off that one plant?? or how many did you have, ive been following so many journals i dont remember how many plants you had.. also, if you can why not try taking some of the mature buds off and leaving some of the immature, and giving them a chance to finish off. unless thats what you already did,

nice. did you already take those off that one plant?? or how many did you have, ive been following so many journals i dont remember how many plants you had.. also, if you can why not try taking some of the mature buds off and leaving some of the immature, and giving them a chance to finish off. unless thats what you already did,

Just 1 plant. I'm kinda torn between options. All mature buds are off except a few, but I have a seedling sprouted and ready to go hydro but only 1 grow room.

Back
Top Bottom