Strain for rheumatoid arthritis

Angrytomato

Hey all! Just looking for a bit of advice on a good strain autoflower to grow for rheumatoid arthritis! I'm in the UK so they would have to be shippable to the UK! I currently have only bought off of Dutch passion and I've emailed them asking but got nothing back yet! Any help would be appreciated thanks!

@Angrytomato , it's simple, just check out the sponsor's here at 420, I'm sure you will get the assistance you are looking for. Also, right there in the UK, there is a reputable grower and distributor of seeds right there in your backyard.
I'm with you, if a firm does not answer a question or request, I'll be looking for another.
Good luck with your search.

I’ve used Gorilla Bomb, and OG Kush, they’re about the best for me
I use 2 ounces to make cannabutter, and recently started adding 30 ml of bought oil
I take 1/2 tsp 1 and 1/2 hours before bed, usually sleep through the night.
Before, I had to turn ever 15 minutes, because it hurt what ever shoulder I was lying on.
So, more relaxed in the morning and things ache less.
I am not a day smoker or user, so can’t help with a day strain
Just use high thc indica, but that’s me

And, although a bit off topic, moringa is supposed to be very good for RA. They sell powders made from fresh dried leaves crushed up and then you add them daily to teas or smoothies, etc. Some fill capsules with the powder so taste is not an issue.

Moringa is a tree native to India where they call it the tree of life, and its supposed to be one of the most nutritious plants on the planet. It works much like cannabis does in helping restore homeostasis in the body, allowing it to heal itself.

I've just started some seeds and plan to grow my own plant for fresh leaves. I'm in a climate that freezes, however, so I'm going to have to grow it in containers and bring it in when the weather turns cold.

@Angrytomato, I know a guy who swears by 1 drop of frankincense essential oil taken internally per day. do Terra is a good brand.

For cannabis pain relief, I recommend indica and indica combined with CBD. By "combined" I mean grind up some indica bud (THC source), and some CBD bud (~1% THC), and mix them together. This will create a nice potent pain relieving body high. I've been growing a strain that's a mix of GSC and Kush. I think any potent Kush will do, like OG Kush. For the ratio, start out with 1:1 and experiment – whatever works best for you. You can also try a sativa dominant bud instead of indica, mixed with the CBD bud. I've found that this results in a very focused, relatively non-psychoactive body high, and the sativa will give an energizing feeling and will "turn up the volume" on the healing effects of the CBD.

I've got two different auto immune conditions, Anklosing Spondilitis, similar to RA, and Crohns. I have been chasing the perfect strain for a while. A few years ago I ran across a program where you input your conditions and it would spit out the "right strain". The program spit out Black Dominia for me. I grew it last year and am still smoking it.
My short answer is that when the flareup is going strong nothing works completely. All strains seem to help with the nausea of Crohns and nothing yet knocks out the arthritis. I have grown; critical kush, og kush, deep cheese, Jack Herer Durban, Afghani #1, and the aforementioned Black Domina.
Oh, when taken as directed hydrocodone doesn't work either for me. The thing that helps the best so far is a larger dose of strong tincture, I can't smoke that much weed at a sitting compared to the dose I get from it (tincture). Also, I will be real high, not much good for anything other than sitting or laying down listening to music. :nomo:

@gwhunran Thanks for that... very interesting info there. We are on the cutting edge here of the conversation regarding pain management with cannabis, THC, and CBD.

As I mentioned, CBD is known to moderate the psychoactive effects of THC, and I have experienced this myself. I'm growing sativa-dominant THC plants, indica-dominant THC plants, and CBD plants that have THC around 1% and CBD around 10%. I'm gearing up to grow higher percentage CBD plants, around 15%. Some go as high as 20% or more, while THC is still very low.

The most potent extract I can get right now is from the local dispensary, and it's called F.E.C.O. – Full Extract Cannabis Oil. It's very dark looking, thick, and expensive. It's similar to RSO, Rick Simpson Oil. I have used it topically. The dispensary carries two kinds: A 1:1 extract, 32% THC, 39% CBD; and a high-THC extract, 69% THC, 3.5% CBD. What they don't carry is a high-CBD extract – I haven't seen this anywhere yet. I know how to make these extracts... just not there yet.

What I'm leading up to here is that, if you can get your hands on some high-CBD extract, or at least some high-CBD buds, then you have a potential way of eliminating the psychoactive effects of the THC in buds, extract, or tincture – meaning you could possibly up your dosage of any of those, for better pain relief.

You could also try the acidic versions, i.e. THC-A, CBD-A, by using the raw bud and not heating it. Could put it in smoothies, or dissolve the trichomes in an oil like olive, and use it on a salad.

A study out of Oregon State Univ. recently found that THCA, CBDA, and CBGA block the SARS-CoV-2 virus from entering human cells.

Best bet is to take a THC strain such as Doug's Varin then a CBD strain such as Alpine Star CBD. Mix them together about a ounce of each and make a strong tincture, 200 proof alcohol extraction then evaporate all the alcohol except just enough so that you can still use a dropper bottle, tincture about the consistency of maple syrup.

You could ideally make two batches, one that is decarbed and one fresh to get a THCA/CBDA rich tincture.
Then smoke some also.

That should give you about the best results.

I've got two different auto immune conditions, Anklosing Spondilitis, similar to RA, and Crohns. I have been chasing the perfect strain for a while. A few years ago I ran across a program where you input your conditions and it would spit out the "right strain". The program spit out Black Dominia for me. I grew it last year and am still smoking it.
My short answer is that when the flareup is going strong nothing works completely. All strains seem to help with the nausea of Crohns and nothing yet knocks out the arthritis. I have grown; critical kush, og kush, deep cheese, Jack Herer Durban, Afghani #1, and the aforementioned Black Domina.
Oh, when taken as directed hydrocodone doesn't work either for me. The thing that helps the best so far is a larger dose of strong tincture, I can't smoke that much weed at a sitting compared to the dose I get from it (tincture). Also, I will be real high, not much good for anything other than sitting or laying down listening to music. :nomo:
Azimuth - a couple of replies down - is right about CBDA. I've run across some papers recently. CBDA doesn't interact with the CB1 and CB2 receptors, doesn't get you high, and shouldn't mess with the cytochrome P450 processing in the liver. It apparently hits the COX-2 enzyme specifically, like Celebrex (without side effects). Just raw CBD-type buds or a cold process tincture or oil. There is a company MontKush that sells a product and has some dosing advice - I recall something like 40mg for a 160 pound person; so if you have 10% CBDA in your dry buds (like Dinamed CBD) then 400mg of dry buds equivalent will give you that amount - less than 1/2gm.

Hope this is useful - I'm pasting in some notes I had on this.
-----------------------------------------------

"CBD oil" preparations that are made without heating should be rich in CBDA. Either ethanolic tinctures or supercritical fluid extraction methods should yield a product with CBDA.

Overcoming the Bell‐Shaped Dose‐Response of Cannabidiol by Using Cannabis Extract Enriched
in Cannabidiol
(They are using an unheated extract, so actually using CBDA. Find that "CBD" in the full plant extract does not show the bell curve of the pure CBD medicine...)

“Effect of cannabidiolic acid and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol on carrageenan-induced hyperalgesia and edema in a rodent model of inflammatory pain”, Rock et al. (2018), Psychopharmacology 235(3259-3271).

For cannabis pain relief, I recommend indica and indica combined with CBD. By "combined" I mean grind up some indica bud (THC source), and some CBD bud (~1% THC), and mix them together. This will create a nice potent pain relieving body high.
How true and great response.

In addition to your statement (including other farmers that responded above), I like mixing different strains of bud just for the fun of smoking something different, such as indica to sativa or a bud with high thc to another bud with high cbd, there are several ways to mix and fun experimenting. Here in our household we call it "smoking a cocktail".

Azimuth - a couple of replies down - is right about CBDA. I've run across some papers recently. CBDA doesn't interact with the CB1 and CB2 receptors, doesn't get you high, and shouldn't mess with the cytochrome P450 processing in the liver. It apparently hits the COX-2 enzyme specifically, like Celebrex (without side effects). Just raw CBD-type buds or a cold process tincture or oil. There is a company MontKush that sells a product and has some dosing advice - I recall something like 40mg for a 160 pound person; so if you have 10% CBDA in your dry buds (like Dinamed CBD) then 400mg of dry buds equivalent will give you that amount - less than 1/2gm.

Hope this is useful - I'm pasting in some notes I had on this.
-----------------------------------------------

"CBD oil" preparations that are made without heating should be rich in CBDA. Either ethanolic tinctures or supercritical fluid extraction methods should yield a product with CBDA.

Overcoming the Bell‐Shaped Dose‐Response of Cannabidiol by Using Cannabis Extract Enriched
in Cannabidiol
(They are using an unheated extract, so actually using CBDA. Find that "CBD" in the full plant extract does not show the bell curve of the pure CBD medicine...)

“Effect of cannabidiolic acid and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol on carrageenan-induced hyperalgesia and edema in a rodent model of inflammatory pain”, Rock et al. (2018), Psychopharmacology 235(3259-3271).
I've been taking it this way since I started with our favorite plant a few years ago and have found it works great for me. I simply take the raw bud in a measured amount, chop it up pretty finely, and add it to a jar of olive oil that I then put on a daily salad.

10 grams of a 15% strain dissolved into 25 oz of olive oil comes out to about 60mg per oz (or 2 Tbl).

10,000 * 0.15 = 1,500 mg / 25 oz = 60 mg per ounce.

And the same is mostly true for the THC strains, in that if you don't heat them they won't have the psychoactive effect. There will be some because it does decarboxylate a bit as it dries over time, but a combination of thc and cbd strains is said to be much more effective than either used on its own.

According to Dr. William Courtney, because it is not decarboxylated, you can take a much larger amount per dose and therefore get more healing cannabinoids into your body. I think he said something like 10x as much as you would if you heated (decarbed) it.

How true and great response.

In addition to your statement (including other farmers that responded above), I like mixing different strains of bud just for the fun of smoking something different, such as indica to sativa or a bud with high thc to another bud with high cbd, there are several ways to mix and fun experimenting. Here in our household we call it "smoking a cocktail".
I feel like the THC is sort of like the "electricity" to power the CBD, and the CBD is the "resistor" to dampen the psychoactive effects of the THC.

Or to put it another way, the THC "turns up the volume" of the CBD (buzz, buzz), and the CBD "turns down the volume" of the THC.

And then there's indica vs. sativa, and all the terpenes, to add to our cocktail-mixing fun... very powerful!

I have rheumatoid arthritis and uses CB Dutch Treat for daytime pain relief and Hash Plant for nighttime pain relief and insomnia. I also use Hash Plant to make my own pain cream for breakthrough pain.

Back
Top Bottom