Strains with high THCV

The seeds have arrived. I've been doing some google research, and it looks like PSB has a bit of a reputation.
Some guys say that they had no problems, others have shitty customer service stories.
They mostly agree that they got seeds, the seeds grew, and it was good weed. A bunch of growers are certain that the seeds they got were not what they ordered, and others complained that what they got wasn't "the real deal".
The most reasonable people said that PSB got seeds and/or clones of the "real" strains, and selfed them. It would explain why their seeds are all feminized. Whether that makes them illegitimate is an argument for another thread.
Either way, I won't be going back to them for now. I'll base my opinion on how these seeds do, and I'll leave a link here when I start a grow journal for them.
I will say both True North and Seedsman have done better than PSB in the communication department.

YES!!! STAY AWAY. STAY FAR AWAY FROM PACIFIC SEED BANK!

I just had the very worst online experience with them and I'm still furious.

I did my order online and went through the steps to pay be etransfer. They accepted the money (about $150 worth) and I proceeded to wait for my seeds.

After over 2 weeks, I went back to the site to check my order to see if they had possibly neglected to give me a tracking number, but the account said that my order had been cancelled.

I immediately called the shop only to receive an answering machine. I left a message asking them to call me right away.

The didnt call on Friday. Even they were open on Saturday, no phone call. Finally, monday afternoon I got on their chat.

I was given a complete runaround to get into the account. Like it was unreal and I really felt like the guy thought I was lying. What did I have to lie about?

Eventually he decided to work with me and he told me that my order had been cancelled for non payment. I called bullshit on this and gave him my conf number from the transaction. Then he put me on hold.

He came back a few minutes later to tell me that my order was now in line to go out. I asked if he had put a rush on it and he said that all their orders are rushed. I countered that this was a distinct case where it was THEIR fault that my order wasnt already in my hands. He countered with silence. No apology. Nothing. I told him I wanted my seeds to go out express mail. He said they only have one way of sending orders out: first class mail. So I asked to speak with a supervisor. He told me thst his supervisor was currently busy and he would have him call me back. I stupidly agreed.

No phone call from any supervisor. So the next day I got on chat again and insisted that I wanted to speak to a supervisor. This one just cut me off without any warning. Yes I was angry but I was not abusive. Anyway, when I tried to get back on chst they had somehow disabled my chst feature.

I finally recieved a notice that Canada Post had recieved word that my package was to be picked up by them that day - and this was three days after working out the problem with the order! It took them that long to send me my seeds after working out the fucking problem.

I tell you...I was NOT impressed.

And so now I'm on a mission to spread this story around 420magazine as much as possible so thst they lose business. They have certainly lost my business.

Please, do yourself a HUGE favour and stay far away from Pacific Seed Bank. They are only trouble. And they have zero accountability. And they really dont care what you think.

Also, no supervisor EVER called. Never.

All my best,
~Magnus
I wish that I would have seen your post sooner... I placed a order almost two weeks ago, I received email on October 1st saying shipping label created, website shows "Order complete". Tracking number shows label created in Elk Grove California, but Post office has not received item. I have sent them two emails with no replies, I just tried calling and was on hold for 10 minutes and I just hung up... Luckily Order was only $54 . They really SUCK at customer service...

Did you ever receive your order?

I wish that I would have seen your post sooner... I placed a order almost two weeks ago, I received email on October 1st saying shipping label created, website shows "Order complete". Tracking number shows label created in Elk Grove California, but Post office has not received item. I have sent them two emails with no replies, I just tried calling and was on hold for 10 minutes and I just hung up... Luckily Order was only $54 . They really SUCK at customer service...

Did you ever receive your order?
I did, finally, about three weeks late.

Good luck. Spread the word.

~Magnus

What I found and liked about Jack the Ripper. Was the fact that it got you plenty high and didn't give you the munchies at all. Pretty sure that had to do with the THCV in it. I have since found it is easier to figure out how not to eat then it is to find strain that have high THCV like the JTR had.

Mostly because there is no real way to find out if it is there other then testing.

At one time I thought THCV was more prevalent in lemon strain. Now I am not so sure. While THCV strains may be out there. "The hype" of THCV is the main thing now.
I have been trying to figure out where to source THCV from also. It seems potentially the high terpinolene strains have it, though I could be mixing this up with limonene... According to Ace Ethiopia is the strain that is the highest they have in THCV, Ciskei from Tropical may be another, Durban Poison another. Check out Seattle Chronic Seeds as it seems he is focused on various 1:1 along with CBG and THCV. Nurse Jackie from Home Grown Wonders maybe another option - the description says various cannabinoids but it has JTR in it. I maybe thinking of Tardis....

I finally got ahold of some Doug's Varin seeds.
Got 12 Doug's Varin and 12 Alpine Star CBD.
From Weed Seeds Express.
6 of the seeds came in smashed flat, emailed them and they are sending replacements out the next couple days.
So while their packaging is a bit shoddy their service is exemplary.
They immediately made it right.
And I got my seeds in less than a week.

Doug's Varin is supposed to have the highest percentage of THCV.
I won't know until about April 2022 how it is.

"*Unlike other medicinal strains, Doug's Varin can contain up to 25% THCV, which is extremely rare. Combined with THC levels up to 19-24%*"

I finally got ahold of some Doug's Varin seeds.
Got 12 Doug's Varin and 12 Alpine Star CBD.
From Weed Seeds Express.
6 of the seeds came in smashed flat, emailed them and they are sending replacements out the next couple days.
So while their packaging is a bit shoddy their service is exemplary.
They immediately made it right.
And I got my seeds in less than a week.

Doug's Varin is supposed to have the highest percentage of THCV.
I won't know until about April 2022 how it is.

"*Unlike other medicinal strains, Doug's Varin can contain up to 25% THCV, which is extremely rare. Combined with THC levels up to 19-24%*"

I am uncertain how I feel about THCV + THC levels as I have read that the plant can only produce like 25 - 30% of any cannabinoids it produces, so all of them have to fit into that. Now my research could be wrong and I am willing to except that so please update me if you find info that says different!

I found some Dougs Varin at my local dispensary awhile back but I did not buy it. I should have for testing purposes. I think Elite seeds has some products that may be of interest but may be out of stock as you mentioned...

I have seen so many mixed reviews of US based seed banks that I am skeptical of them and lean towards UK even though shipping is nuts. I may try some US based ones as I have found some seeds I am interested in that UK ones don't carry.

Seattle Chronic Seeds Varins G may be of interest...

I am uncertain how I feel about THCV + THC levels as I have read that the plant can only produce like 25 - 30% of any cannabinoids it produces, so all of them have to fit into that. Now my research could be wrong and I am willing to except that so please update me if you find info that says different!

I found some Dougs Varin at my local dispensary awhile back but I did not buy it. I should have for testing purposes. I think Elite seeds has some products that may be of interest but may be out of stock as you mentioned...

I have seen so many mixed reviews of US based seed banks that I am skeptical of them and lean towards UK even though shipping is nuts. I may try some US based ones as I have found some seeds I am interested in that UK ones don't carry.

Seattle Chronic Seeds Varins G may be of interest...
My last crop i just did both strains were about 40% cannabinoids.

And there's no such thing as THCV without THC.

My last crop i just did both strains were about 40% cannabinoids.

And there's no such thing as THCV without THC.

I agree with no THCV w/o THC but do you have the lab tests to show 40% cannabinoids? I am not trying to argue with you but I am VERY science based though I know lab tests can be skewed.

Nope, all of these places claim to have lab reports.
I can only assume they all aren't lying.
Ehhh, I wish I could find the article that says the plant can produce 25 - 30% max of all cannabinoids. I also wish I was more trusting of any lab report =] Honestly though if the strain works for you by all means use it!

Have you had a chance to try the Cream and Cheese? It is one I have been thinking about trying.

Ehhh, I wish I could find the article that says the plant can produce 25 - 30% max of all cannabinoids. I also wish I was more trusting of any lab report =] Honestly though if the strain works for you by all means use it!

Have you had a chance to try the Cream and Cheese? It is one I have been thinking about trying.
Been using it for many months, its very good.

So how did you come up with the 40% estimate? Run an extraction on ten grams of bud and get four grams of product, or...?

So how did you come up with the 40% estimate? Run an extraction on ten grams of bud and get four grams of product, or...?
Because they claim it to be 22% THC and 18% CBD.
I totally agree it seems far fetched.

Id be amazed if it were actually 15% of each.
StoneOtter has grown this strain several times and I believe I heard him say he was going to have it lab tested.
He would be the one to talk to about actual %

I have been looking for seeds of some of the high THCV strains for a while now, but there is very little information about them. I'll find listings for the strains that have the highest levels of it, but they are almost never available. Even worse, there's never any info on what % of THCV they have.
In my google searches I came across a screengrab from this forum on the subject, but it had been cropped so the relevant info was off the edge. And the search function didn't turn up any relevant info, or the thread I was looking for. Maybe I did it wrong.
@Jackalope , @Nunyabiz I believe it was you guys discussing this. Did you come to any conclusions?
I would pm you, but that just seems creepy somehow.
Ace seeds does good lab results and THCV results on a lot of their seeds....

i would be mighty skeptical of a 25% thcv for $20 a seed. especially from a vendor whose cookies have zero resemblance to cookies.
"varin's vendetta" is another seed line.
Well the actual strain itself can be between 15-25% THCV.
whether or not that's the actual strain I got who knows.
All we can do is go by what the breeders and or seed sellers are saying.
This is Merika, and most all companies in this country have a habit of lying.

Currently I have no reason to believe that this company has lied or that the breeder that sold them the seeds lied to them.
If I can find a good place to have the bud tested that doesn't cost an arm and a leg I may get it tested.

Same goes for another two strains that I grew last grow, that are both supposed to be over 20% THC and over 18% CBD at the same time.
Seems pretty high, but I can say that both of them are strong as hell so who knows.

Because they claim it to be 22% THC and 18% CBD.
I totally agree it seems far fetched.

Id be amazed if it were actually 15% of each.
StoneOtter has grown this strain several times and I believe I heard him say he was going to have it lab tested.
He would be the one to talk to about actual %
Never did get it tested. Sure is good medicine is all I can say. Running another now.

I got some Doug's Varin seeds from Weed Seeds Express, and I'm popping a couple right now. A full cannabinoid profile costs $60 from a lab I found here in Canada, so when (if) I harvest I'll send in a sample.

Back
Top Bottom