Strange Auto behavior?

.Ocean Forest is too hot for Autos. I use Happy Frog religiously, and although it contains Mycorrhizal Fungi. I sprinkle Mycorrizae directly into hole where the seed will be sown in its forever home, and never transplant. At day 20 or so, I ammend the soil with Organic top dress, and again inoculate the plant by sprinkling Myco around the base of the plant.
I've grown autos in FFOF for over 5 years, never had an issue with it being too hot. I usually start them in 4" pots, then transplant within 5 days of sprout, and sometimes I start the seeds in the FFOF final pot. I begin feeding at seedling level with the FF nute trio as soon as they get to the second true leaf set. I feed and water autos exactly like photos.

I've grown autos in FFOF for over 5 years, never had an issue with it being too hot. I usually start them in 4" pots, then transplant within 5 days of sprout, and sometimes I start the seeds in the FFOF final pot. I begin feeding at seedling level with the FF nute trio as soon as they get to the second true leaf set. I feed and water autos exactly like photos.
That's great!.. But oddly enough every Auto I tried with OF, stunted every last one of them.
:peace:

Hey @jokerola, Are you outside in a greenhouse, or out in the open? How much rain have you been getting?

happy growing! :)
I'm outside in the open. We are having another heat wave and we've been in the high 90's but that is typical for this time of year. We haven't been getting any rain at all. The 100 degree temps we had in early June is not typical.

I'm outside in the open. We are having another heat wave and we've been in the high 90's but that is typical for this time of year. We haven't been getting any rain at all. The 100 degree temps we had in early June is not typical.
My experience is that cannabis plants don't like temperatures much above 90° F. Here are some suggestions I made in another thread recently.

My experience is that cannabis plants don't like temperatures much above 90° F. Here are some suggestions I made in another thread recently.
Thanks. I've been hearing that. I mentioned in another thread that for my very first grow in 2018, parts of my fence got blown down by a storm so I had to keep my plants in a spot against my house so neighbors couldn't see them. They only got full sun till about noon and then full sun after 6, so they were shaded during the hottest part of the day and they grew great. The grows after that (2019 - 2021), my fence had been fixed and I kept plants in full sun all day regardless of temps unless we hit 100. My plants were still great but they weren't quite as good as the first grow and the buds have been kind of airier. This year, when we are predicted to have over 90 temps, I'm placing the plants in a spot where they are in shade during the most intense sun and heat.

I talked to grower on a different site he was growing outdoors in NorthWest desert 115f temps with 50mph wind and his plants were beautiful. I started thinking about S.America and Afghanistan their temps are that hot or hotter and plants thrive it just getting acclimated.

I talked to grower on a different site he was growing outdoors in NorthWest desert 115f temps with 50mph wind and his plants were beautiful. I started thinking about S.America and Afghanistan their temps are that hot or hotter and plants thrive it just getting acclimated.
It probably has a lot to do with strains and what part of the world they originated from. One of the strains I was growing that seemed to be the most affected by heat with airy buds was Super Lemon Haze.

It probably has a lot to do with strains and what part of the world they originated from. One of the strains I was growing that seemed to be the most affected by heat with airy buds was Super Lemon Haze.
Prolly right about strains I forget what he said he was growing but it was Outdoors in the ground with super soil and nothing but rainwater.

Prolly right about strains I forget what he said he was growing but it was Outdoors in the ground with super soil and nothing but rainwater.
I never grow in the ground because it's actually against our HOA to grow so I need to be able to move them. But last year, just for the hell of it, I planted a germinated hermie seed into the native ground of my back yard with no amendments and it only got watered with rain and my lawns sprinkler system and the only fertilizer it got was when I fertilized my lawn in late August and it grew a hell of a plant! 6 ft tall and really strong buds! If I didn't have to worry about the damn HOA, I would grow more like that!

I never grow in the ground because it's actually against our HOA to grow so I need to be able to move them. But last year, just for the hell of it, I planted a germinated hermie seed into the native ground of my back yard with no amendments and it only got watered with rain and my lawns sprinkler system and the only fertilizer it got was when I fertilized my lawn in late August and it grew a hell of a plant! 6 ft tall and really strong buds! If I didn't have to worry about the damn HOA, I would grow more like that!
Yeah I’d like to grow a few of them too and it’s perfectly legal now to do it.

I just looked back at that other site,he was growing Tahoe OG X Super Skunk.

Preferably females though.lol
Yea, that plant was a total experiment and I watched it like a hawk and was ready to chop if it maled or hermied. Actually, I don't think it was even a hermie, I think a couple of bud sites may have been pollinated by some erant pollen floating around from a neighboring outdoor grow. When I walked my dog at night last year, I could smell a consistent cannabis smell on the next block over that you get from plants and not from smoking. So someone else was growing near me outside too! I only found 4 seeds in the trim but the plant it grew was completely different than the plant it came from. It came from a Harlequin, high CBD plant that grew short and bushy and had lower THC content. But the plant that the seed grew was tall and lanky with really strong THC content. I'm growing another one of those seeds right now but not in the ground.

Thanks for that. Yes, I just looked it up... there are ancient sativa landrace strains from desert regions that do very well. I'm curious what strain he is growing... if it's something developed locally, or one of the well-known arid climate landraces.

Tahoe OGX Super Skunk
cool. I've never grown a skunk, but I see the genetics are from an Afghanistan indica, Mexican sativa, and Columbian sativa. Super Skunk is back-crossed with Afghanistan. As for OG, I'm guessing OG Kush, so that means additional arid climate landrace genetics... Hindu Kush, Pakistan.

so to all those growers out there who are dealing with 90-100+° F... consider a super skunk or OG skunk! Other hot, dry climate strain possibilities: Durban Poison, Sour Diesel, Gorilla Glue, Amnesia Haze, AK-47, Mazar. There's a bunch more... google: best strains for hot dry climate.

cool. I've never grown a skunk, but I see the genetics are from an Afghanistan indica, Mexican sativa, and Columbian sativa. Super Skunk is back-crossed with Afghanistan. As for OG, I'm guessing OG Kush, so that means additional arid climate landrace genetics... Hindu Kush, Pakistan.

so to all those growers out there who are dealing with 90-100+° F... consider a super skunk or OG skunk! Other hot, dry climate strain possibilities: Durban Poison, Sour Diesel, Gorilla Glue, Amnesia Haze, AK-47, Mazar. There's a bunch more... google: best strains for hot dry climate.
I wish I knew we were going to have 90s temps in June in the Windy City I sure wouldn’t have planted Green Crack.The freebie Temple Kush I planted is doing fine. Prolly has those hot weather genes.

That's great!.. But oddly enough every Auto I tried with OF, stunted every last one of them.
:peace:
I've had this happen to....I swear by fox farms soil.... But I found putting a few inches of happy frog on top of ocean forest works very well....the seedlings start in the less hot happy frog and as they get stronger the roots move down to the hotter soil aka ocean forest they are able to cope better... And so far so good with this method, no stunting just good growth.

:headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom