Super Lemon Haze & Pure Kush

I see the kushes are living up to their reputation.

I hope it improves for you bud. Not nice to struggle.

Thanks bro. Sounds like this phosphorus conundrum upsets you more than I lol! I feel your agony but fear not friend, now that nutes are being used they should be OK... in the long run... I think lol!

:tokin:

Heya,, just a thot or one. If OK. I maybe would not get too hung up on the phosphorous issue. So many plant problems look the same or similar. Could be so many things. One thing I noticed with my grow is the pH. When I started keeping my watering pH in the fives, you mentioned yours at mid to high sixes. When I dropped to the fives I noticed a large improvement in plant health. Just a thot.

I am sure you are not doing this but adding nutes to a nute issue is adding to the problem. Plants will grow without any nutes at all, so, I would put the nutes away, far away, till the issues go away, far away. Just my thpts, cheers

Heya,, just a thot or one. If OK. I maybe would not get too hung up on the phosphorous issue. So many plant problems look the same or similar. Could be so many things. One thing I noticed with my grow is the pH. When I started keeping my watering pH in the fives, you mentioned yours at mid to high sixes. When I dropped to the fives I noticed a large improvement in plant health. Just a thot.

I am sure you are not doing this but adding nutes to a nute issue is adding to the problem. Plants will grow without any nutes at all, so, I would put the nutes away, far away, till the issues go away, far away. Just my thpts, cheers

Thanks nivek for reminding me how important the pH is. I assumed that because I was 'in range' it would be OK but of course certain plants will prefer another. Next watering I'll tweak the pH lower & see how it goes, don't worry the nutes will be kept at a distance for a while. pH 5 does seem low though? what made you try that in soil when most sources say 6 to 7?

:Namaste:

My SLH was more reactive to high PH then my sour or cinex. In ffof I neec to feed at close to 5.5 and water at 6.

Cheers

Sol, Nivek may be using coco in which case you need to lower your pH to between 5.7 and 6.2.

pH for soil should be a bit higher, so 6.5 should be golden.

Na, 6.5 was to high for SLH, well mine at least. Thats what locked her up early in my journal.

Cheers

Thanks guys, in my case the SLH are doing fine with 6.5 but as mentioned i'm sure my meter's a little off. I suppose not all strains like the same pH so will try 6 next watering & see what happens.

Just one note. Not a pH of 5. Nope. In the fives. Five point nine is in the fives. Keep close to six, but in the fives.

I read about it somewhere and tried it and noticed improvement right away, so I carried on with it. No Coco, all soil. One can not get too nailed down to anything. Be flexible is all.

I was a just over seven guy before, not now. Cheers

Just one note. Not a pH of 5. Nope. In the fives. Five point nine is in the fives. Keep close to six, but in the fives.

I read about it somewhere and tried it and noticed improvement right away, so I carried on with it. No Coco, all soil. One can not get too nailed down to anything. Be flexible is all.

I was a just over seven guy before, not now. Cheers

Thanks nivek much appreciated...instead of 6.0 i'll try 5.9 that way it's in the HIGH fives lol!
:high-five:

Day31 (from sprout).

Oh well, I snapped the top of the smallest pure kush as you can see...ouch lol!

IMG_52154.JPG

I bent it too hard & it just snapped clean...basically topping it. I could have left it at that & simply grow the two new shoots but I'd rather try to save it as well as get the 2 new shoots growing, so I just taped it as you can see.

IMG_52176.JPG

If the branch does repair itself i'm guessing it will take at least a week, maybe longer...anyone have a better idea?? so hopefully by the then the 2 new shoots will have grown nicely. As long as its ready for flower on day 57.

Other than that it's all good. Here's a couple of pics.

SLH:
day31_slh_.JPG

Pure Kush:
day31_pk_.JPG

Peace out.

Nice garden bruv. Are the kushes still giving you problems?

Cheers bruv, as it stand it looks like i'm the one giving em problems lol! They seem alright, im not too concerned as long they keep growing. Its the small one I snapped earlier that im really rooting for...you're always as strong as your weakest link as they say, so we need this little one to get stronger before bloom time. The SLHs are very happy it seems, but then they're naturally a fair bit bigger than the pure kush.

I just did the same thing with maybe 20% of the stem still attatched, long live insulation tape;)

Hail hail insulation tape indeed amigo...I think in my case I'd be lucky if 3% of the stem was still attached lol!!

:grinjoint:

By the way the leaves above the broken branch are looking lifeless & wilting away...pretty normal after being severed of course. If it gets worse after a day or two should I conclude its not recovering at all & remove it? I sprayed some water on the leaves in question for moisture.

By the way the leaves above the broken branch are looking lifeless & wilting away...pretty normal after being severed of course. If it gets worse after a day or two should I conclude its not recovering at all & remove it? I sprayed some water on the leaves in question for moisture.

If its dead, cut it off possible mold issue.

Cheers

If its dead, cut it off possible mold issue.

Cheers

That's the thing miller, I only I taped it up a few hours ago so how do I know if its gone? if its salvageable then it will take time of course so I'm wondering how long before I see signs either way.

If your leafs come around its good. If they wilt and dry out cull.

Mold will take a while if in dry environment. Just something to keep an eye out for and you'll know.

Cheers

I'm just playing devil's advocate since I don't have experience with this, but I'd cut my losses, thank the fact that that it was a fairly clean cut and let the girl grow with 2 main colas. I'm thinking it'll recover faster... but it's just a theory (or a conjecture? I dunno...)

I'm just playing devil's advocate since I don't have experience with this, but I'd cut my losses, thank the fact that that it was a fairly clean cut and let the girl grow with 2 main colas. I'm thinking it'll recover faster... but it's just a theory (or a conjecture? I dunno...)

Hey heraldo you make a good point. I was going to do as you say but then I was able to get the 2 shoots underneath the severed part exposed to light. In that case I thought why not try to get all 3 shoots instead of 2 since I don't lose much in trying.

Back
Top Bottom