Super Lemon Haze & Pure Kush

Looking most excellent brother Sol. They're a nice size for their age as well.

Thanks ma man. This afternoon I brought the ballast out, 400w. The CFLs are still in use of course, should help with the par spectrum. Very much enjoying the LST.

:Namaste:

I can't stand LST, but I'm lazy as f#ck. Hahaha!!! I've never grown 6 plants before, so it was always easy to maintain a fairly level canopy by just propping the short sh!ts up. I can now see the appeal of growing out clones.

Are you going to stick with 400w throughout the grow?

I know what you mean, I look for ways that don't take much work & although there's a bit of effort with LST I thought I had to try it once & see how it goes. So far it seems pretty easy, not as hard or as long as I thought it might be. Once you tie the branch down you just leave it for a few day's before repeating, its nice to see the new shoots developing as well. Its maybe easy now because they're small, I might come to regret it & curse the whole grow in a few weeks though lol!! The cool thing is you're pretty much guaranteed at least 3 tops each tie down if you move the fan leaves out the way which is another task necessary after bending. I'll have to post a pic soon, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to taking & uploading images.

Regarding the lights I'll crank it up to 600w soon before finally the 1000w comes into play at the start of flower. At the moment they're getting about 40k lux which is comfortable.

I suspect my LST technique leaves alot to be desired. I basically just bend them any which way and tie them to the easiest spot with no thought whatsoever on improving yield. We will see how it pans out.

1000w... now we're talking.

I suspect my LST technique leaves alot to be desired. I basically just bend them any which way and tie them to the easiest spot with no thought whatsoever on improving yield. We will see how it pans out.

1000w... now we're talking.

I watered the plants with 1.5 ltr & took it ages...the leaves are basically grounded on the top soil so its hard to get it all even. I hope this gets better with practice, still so happy I chose LST lol!!

Indeed Blaze, the heavy cavalry (1000w) is itching to go...

LST works for me....different strokes I guess. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey hozona, don't get me wrong I like LST...it's just a bit more effort though, but worth it I think when you see all the new shoot's developing. I just hope i'm doing it right lol!

Day 25

All going well it seems. I just took a quick pic to show you how the LST is coming along. In the front row we have the SLH's while at the back we have the kush's. They all seem to be reacting well to this training.

day25:
day257.JPG

I should get smaller pegs to move the leaves out the way, the one's im using as you can see are a little big. If anyone has any better ideas for this please let me know thanks.

Peace out.

Looking good brother! Hit them with the full might of the 1000w now already. Just move the light up high. I started the seedlings at 600w, but the light was about 1.4m above them. They grew like crazy.

Looking good brother! Hit them with the full might of the 1000w now already. Just move the light up high. I started the seedlings at 600w, but the light was about 1.4m above them. They grew like crazy.

Cheers bro, just so you know i've got the 400w hps just over the 2 x 120w CFLs making a grand total of 640w. I think 1000w is a bit over-kill just now although I will increase the hps to 600w very soon I think...so that will make it 840w. Nice.

:high-five:

Quick update on the auto mamba negra. After sprouting 8 days ago it hasn't grown much.

day8:
mambanegra_day7_.JPG

Not sure what the problem is. I keep it outside from morning to night when it goes under a 40w CFL. I haven't over or under watered & the pH is in range. Also the temps are reasonable. Hopefully growth picks up soon otherwise I'll just have to leave it for my garden gnomes lol!

I've had same issue. Try heating pad under pot, also R/H has been low > 40. I put a glass of water and uped temp to mid 70's.

Cheers

I've had same issue. Try heating pad under pot, also R/H has been low > 40. I put a glass of water and uped temp to mid 70's.

Cheers

Thanks miller, your probably right...was maybe a little cold especially at night. I left the heating on in the room last night where it sits under the 40w CFL. Hopefully this helps.

My little P-ROC I have in hydro now also was a slow starter at first in rockwool cube. I use heat pad underneath before it went into hydro, I am now seeing roots peeking out of the bottom of the net pot. It will be taking off soon as will yours. Good luck!

Cheers hozona, I hear ya. Looking forward to take off...I just hope it doesn't start flowering next week lol!

I'm a little perplexed with the pure kush's. The smallest especially has a phosphorus deficiency...I compared the brownish spots/stains on the bottom leaves with some pictures on the internet which seems to confirm this. I watered a couple of days ago with about 1/4 to 1/2 recommended dose of FloraSeries & up to now there are no signs of it spreading to other leaves.

I'm perplexed because this started very early in veg & my understanding is that phosphorus is more important during flower. Furthermore my soil already contains enough fertilizer including lime for 4-6wks so shouldn't that get those kush's through this early period? I pH the water to 6.5 & although the meter I use might not be so accurate I'm confident its not far off.

The SLHs are doing much better, developing quite nicely. A couple of the pure kush are small, probably because of this phosphorus problem, but hopefully they pick up pace & beef up. We have another 27 or 28 days left for vegging so still enough time.

The auto mamba negra is still tiny after 10 days of breaking through, not even on it's 2nd leaf. I really hope it doesn't start flowering next week lol!

Other than that it's all good. I hope y'all had a great weekend.

I see the kushes are living up to their reputation.

I hope it improves for you bud. Not nice to struggle.

Back
Top Bottom