Super Lemon Haze & Pure Kush

With that set-up I predict your "lack of", will not enter into this grow. Yes I dabble with soil but this certain Stone Age State I live in are still far behind the legal curve. Hard to share with the community my girls, with the thought of paranoia. Good luck and I will be that medicated fly on the wall, just don't swat me... Lol

Ditto, exactly :shhh:

Dear 420,

Here we go again...I planted a few more seeds & would like to share this grow with you when I can. Set-up as follows;

Strains: 3 x Super Lemon Haze (greenhouse seeds) & 3 x Pure Kush (greenhouse seeds).
Space: open room.
Lights: digital ballast 400w, 600w & 1000w hps for veg & flower.
Medium: universal potting soil (50% white sphagnum & 50% black peat moss limed).
Pots: fabric, 11ltr.
Nutes: GHE FloraSeries.
Veg Time: hopefully 49 days.

Today is day 4 from full sprout & they're sitting under 2 x 120w CFLs (soft white)...basking in the light is more like it lol!

day4:
day4_2_.JPG

Been watering once a day (no more than 150ml). Will not add any nutes until day 14 at the very least & maybe longer. I think there's enough fertilizer in the soil to last 4-6wks. I have some cal/mag which can also be added before starting with the flora series. Decisions decisions decisions lol!

Any comment, criticism, encouragement or question is most welcome...although I do reserve the right to ban any guest who for any reason doesn't celebrate or praise my endeavors enough! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Peace out.

:welcome:

I'mma pull up a chair in the back if that's alright with you sir, late to the party as usual, also have a 3 pack of SLH waiting their turn or time.

Greenest of Karma to you on this grow

:passitleft:

No pic update today I'm afraid. But I can say that the bottom leaves of one of the pure kush is a bit yellow looking, it kinda looks like an n deficiency but I don't think its that as of yet. Another pure kush has got 'the claw' looking leaves where the tips bend inwards, the leaves are quite green looking also. The remaining pure kush is fine as well as the SLHs.

I think the problem with these two is they're getting too much n from the soil, so n toxicity...next time the party cup where I start the seeds in the pot should only contain an unfertilized medium that way no nutes will be absorbed by the roots so early on. Other than that all good, I'm waiting anxiously to start training them...

:Namaste:

Life Stage Maximum Good Minimum
Vegetative 70,000 lux 40,000 lux 15,000 lux
Flowering 85,000 lux 60,000 lux 35,000 lux
:welcome:

Thanks veinz, but what I can't understand though is why 85k lux is the max when outdoors it gets a lot higher in many parts of the world...you see my point? By the way I'm sure I read somewhere that you can't measure the lux from LED with a light meter for some reason.

Thanks veinz, but what I can't understand though is why 85k lux is the max when outdoors it gets a lot higher in many parts of the world...you see my point? By the way I'm sure I read somewhere that you can't measure the lux from LED with a light meter for some reason.

Lux/lumens isn't really a useful way to measure light for plants, the unit you want to use is PAR.
You can have million lux of green light and it won't grow anything because the plants don't react to the green spectrum.

Lux/lumens isn't really a useful way to measure light for plants, the unit you want to use is PAR.
You can have million lux of green light and it won't grow anything because the plants don't react to the green spectrum.

Hey purple, but what about the lux from hps...im sure there's not much green in there? also, why would 85k lux be the recommended max if it wasn't useful. Having the right colour spectrum is key of course but if there's no intensity from it then nothing will grow either.

Update Day 19

Hello 420, I said in an earlier post I thought I had a case of n toxicity rather than an n deficiency because of the yellow bottom leaf on a pure kush & the claw like leaves on another, now I think it's the latter. Why? because I see a tiny amount of yellow on one of the tips of the bottom leaf of an SLH. It seems they're using up their n supply in the soil. Today I will water with only 1ltr & about 1/4 strength nutes consisting of florgrow, floramicro & florablend (part of the floraseries), hopefully this will give them what they need. I've grown with the same soil before & this never happened but I suppose different strains have different needs or different strokes for different folks as they say!

In any case yesterday evening I started LST by tying them down from the fourth node (except for one pure kush which is still a bit small).

day19:
Day1910.JPG

day19:
Day19_1_.JPG

I will keep tying them down on the 3rd or 4th node until flower...hopefully this creates a nice orderly canopy with lots & lots of juicy cola's. That's the plan in my mind anyway, whether it turns into reality is another question entirely lol! Peace out.

Hey purple, but what about the lux from hps...im sure there's not much green in there? also, why would 85k lux be the recommended max if it wasn't useful. Having the right colour spectrum is key of course but if there's no intensity from it then nothing will grow either.

True that - it's a balancing act;)

I've only scratched the surface of this light thing, but it's very interesting, especially after I started growing:)
I think it depends on the bulb, but I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit of green spectrum in all HID lights.

That recommended max might be due to heat/light burn in indoor grows, and possibly also a bit of ''old'' grow knowledge.
Outdoors there will be shade from trees, clouds etc and different angles and distances depending on time of day and time of year and the average lux might be less than 85k... Just thoughts...

But all in all I'd say fire up that light mate, like the old saying: If a device has a ''turbo'' button - use it, if not - crank it up to max:laughtwo:

Looks great man, looks like the LST is really coming along bub. Dunno how true this is, but Ive read that it takes an OZ to fill in a S curve on your plants. Never actually tested this out. Im sure if anyone knows 100% they'll chime in. Anyways they're looking good man, keep up the good work

True that - it's a balancing act;)

I've only scratched the surface of this light thing, but it's very interesting, especially after I started growing:)
I think it depends on the bulb, but I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit of green spectrum in all HID lights.

That recommended max might be due to heat/light burn in indoor grows, and possibly also a bit of ''old'' grow knowledge.
Outdoors there will be shade from trees, clouds etc and different angles and distances depending on time of day and time of year and the average lux might be less than 85k... Just thoughts...

But all in all I'd say fire up that light mate, like the old saying: If a device has a ''turbo'' button - use it, if not - crank it up to max:laughtwo:

Outdoors the sun isn't always shining bright but even when its not the lux is still pretty high, including the shade. Maybe the 'old' grow knowledge does come into play, taking into account heat & comfortable lighting indoors. Who knows...but if you come across any good info please fill me in cheers.

So 'turbo' buttons you say? if there's a big red button on my ballast then ill press it & crank that baby up lol!! but hang on, I think that's the 'reset' button actually :rofl::rofl:

Quick update to say that I started another plant, an auto mamba negra from blimburn seeds. This one however will be grown outdoors in the garden in a small pot, I think a 1.5gal plastic pot (small enough to be hidden away quickly). Same medium as all the other plants. I've got a few seeds just waiting to get called up so I thought why not grow a small auto while the main 'operation' is going on indoors lol!

This mamba sprouted yesterday so it's officially day 2 now, will take a pic once its bigger. At the moment its outside in the shade & late at night I put it under a 40w CFL inside until eventually it will remain outdoors. According to Blimburn seeds its a cross between mamba negra & tangie auto & takes 70 to 80 days...although I'm not sure if that's flower time or from seed?

Must be from sprout. It's an auto, so there is no "flower start" time per se. Plus, that's almost 3 months.... has to be from sprout.

I think your right cheers, say 21 days veg & 56 days flower makes 77 days. Give or take.

Looking most excellent brother Sol. They're a nice size for their age as well.

Back
Top Bottom