Super Lemon Haze & Pure Kush

I think if I was running short in my grows and each plant HAD to work out, I would toss that top to avoid any issues. If I could afford the risk to run a fun experiment and maybe get all 3, I would go for it.

During my last flower run I was just plain out of everything and no risks were taken at all. Nothing cool happened but then nothing bad happened. With my current flower group doing dandy and a couple jars of good herb, I have been cavalier with my vegging girls. They have been snapped, topped, LSTed, bent, etc. If I lose one or have a slow down it wont effect what's in the jar come vape time.

To each his own. I think everyone's advise is correct!
Bob ;)

Cheers dr, I know what you mean. In my case not too bothered about yield...im sure I'll have enough regardless & i'll probably do another grow soon after that. The leaves on the broken branch are still not bone dry so I'm guessing it might recover still...as soon as it's too crisp I'll remove it but we're not there yet.

:Namaste:

Alright, so I couldn't resist putting a few more seeds in a glass of water. I got hundreds from my last grow so why not. The plan is to veg for 3-4wks in 2gal plastic pots before flowering with the rest. The strains are c99 & iced widow (the iw might actually be a cross of c99&iw) & both take 8wks to flower. Looking forward to seeing the c99 again...such a nice, fragrant plant. Let's hope this all works out.

:tokin:

Did your plant hermi? If so, hermi plant seeds will hermi 100% of time. Plants crossed with hermi 25% chance. Plant non hermi seeds only for best shot of seedless grow.

Cheers

Did your plant hermi? If so, hermi plant seeds will hermi 100% of time. Plants crossed with hermi 25% chance. Plant non hermi seeds only for best shot of seedless grow.

Cheers

Cheers for that bud. Yes one c99 hermied & pollinated an iced widow, it was under a lot of stress. Is it 100% certain its seeds will hermie as well even if not stressed by topping or lst? after 3wks veg they should be small enough to easily pick off the pollen sacks once they develop...is that an idea?

So, hermi plants come from weak genes, strong genes will not seed when hermi. C99 seeds should be tossed. Others raise and see but good chance they will be good well better chance. I was told to toss all seeds but will try some anyway.

Cheers

So, hermi plants come from weak genes, strong genes will not seed when hermi. C99 seeds should be tossed. Others raise and see but good chance they will be good well better chance. I was told to toss all seeds but will try some anyway.

Cheers

I thought all feminized seeds have the hermie trait because of self-pollination. I grew 2 c99's & the other was fine. I think it hermied or banana'd because of the extra stress on it i.e. very close to the light.

Oh I forgot to say, it probably banana'd rather than hermied because I never saw pollen sacks...I think that makes a difference. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

:grinjoint:

Cool the seeds have opened in the water so I placed 2 in their final pots (2gal plastic). They should rise & shine soon enough.

:high-five:

Quick update on the auto mamba negra that sprouted 16 days ago I think. Terribly terrible lol! its still working on its 2nd leaf & the first leaf has turned all brownish. I think it must have been shocked into oblivion when I put it outside early on. It had some problems indoors as well since a friend of mine kept dropping the cfl on it.

In any case I should have treated this plant with more care & made sure it was always in the shade at least. That or starting off indoors for a few days. Was about to end it today & use the soil for the other seeds that just germinated but decided to leave it & see how it goes...the hopeless optimistic lol! I think it's gonna be funny watching it flower though. Might learn something in the process who knows.

:grinjoint:

I've had a similar issue before. Plant yielded about 1.5g dry. Hahahaha!!!

Sorry bud.

I see you're familiar with that plant. LOL!

It was indeed the best. Never had anything quite like it. Not sure if it was the genetics, or just the insane levels of stress I put that plant through. Either way, it blew me straight out of my socks.

Quick update day37.

Remember that pure kush I severed & taped up, well yesterday I discarded it (not the whole plant) as it wasn't healing quick enough. After removing the tape it was obvious I didn't do a good job holding it tight. Next time it happens I'll tape the stem in-between a couple of tooth picks for support...even though it's hard to get your fingers in there. The two new shoots are growing though so that's good.

SLH (day37):
day373.jpg

Pure Kush (day37):
day37_2_.jpg

The c99 & iced widow haven't broken through the soil yet. Once they sprout they'll be placed to the far-side of the canopy where I'll make sure they don't get more than 20k lux until they develop a little further. I think since im vegging them for only 3-4wks I won't do any training, will let em grow naturally...but who knows. Does anyone think it's worth topping? bearing in mind we don't want them big enough to disturb the main grow. I think no topping, im doing enough LST as it is lol!

Looking good brotherman. Pity about the kush though.

I wouldn't bother with topping, if you have a short veg time. I'm no expert on topping though.

Looking good brotherman. Pity about the kush though.

I wouldn't bother with topping, if you have a short veg time. I'm no expert on topping though.

Cheers bruv. Im sure that kush will turn out alright. It's looking fine & dandy as if nothing's happened...striding along at its own pace lol!

:thumb:

Quick update. The two newcomers sprouted yesterday & are trying to reach for the light, they were getting nearly 20k lux but still stretched a little. Put them closer now, about 25k lux.

I came across some interesting info regarding pH in soil grows. Firstly its less important because the soil acts as a buffer although if you have tap water of 8.7 as I then its probably a good idea to lower it. However according to mandala seeds one shouldn't use phosphoric acid (pH down ) to lower pH. Reason is that it raises the salt level which can burn the plants especially young one's. They say vinegar is ideal for this so I tried some today. But to get it down to 6.2 I needed 35ml of vinegar for 12ltr of water which is quite a high concentration, will soon see if they react negatively.

pH down could be better during bloom when the plant will want more phosphorous i.e. phosphoric acid. Might be a good idea to use vinegar for veg & pH down for bloom. Just a thought.

used to use lemon juice, now use vinegar, cheap like cheap stuff,, :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom