SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

I just wounded myself by dropping a screwdriver into my bare big toe while sorting through a drawer of small tools, forcing me to hold off on drenches a bit while the cannabinoids do their thing. I’m stretched out on the floor getting ready to pull the DDA out. :battingeyelashes:

Hope your day is offering less painful ways to appreciate the healing potential of cannabis. Lol!

:eek::eek: Not the toe! So painful. It’s amazing how the smallest thing landing on a toe can be so excruciating - hope it’s wearing off quickly (made my toes go funny :laughtwo: )

Well my recent discovery that I can ingest THC afterall has seen my pain levels take another dive this last couple of days. I made a heavy indica THC oil for sleep (it works) and I tried some just for pain an it’s awesome. Now seeking to find the sweet spot between enough pain relief and sedation ... it’s fun experimenting with it, if I go too far the worst that can happen is that I go to sleep and that just fine by me - I always need sleep :)

DDA did you say? Harvesting?
:slide:

:popcorn:

:eek::eek: Not the toe! So painful. It’s amazing how the smallest thing landing on a toe can be so excruciating - hope it’s wearing off quickly (made my toes go funny :laughtwo: )

Well my recent discovery that I can ingest THC afterall has seen my pain levels take another dive this last couple of days. I made a heavy indica THC oil for sleep (it works) and I tried some just for pain an it’s awesome. Now seeking to find the sweet spot between enough pain relief and sedation ... it’s fun experimenting with it, if I go too far the worst that can happen is that I go to sleep and that just fine by me - I always need sleep :)

DDA did you say? Harvesting?
:slide:

:popcorn:

That’s wonderful to hear Amy. THC is the powerhouse cannabinoid for pain. Micro dose it in at 1-5 mg at a time. If you calculate the expected concentrations you can figure out how many drops it takes to make 1-5 mg doses.

My toe’s doing fine. I’ll keep it slathered with oil and let the cannabinoids dontheir Magic. Pampering it today’ll pay big dividends tomorrow, so I’m staying home. I’ll keep sorting and packing in the air-conditioned coolness with my bong nearby. :battingeyelashes:

I’m finishing up the last of the DDA buds I brought home from my visit with Chris.

Back to my fun and games. The next pickup of household items is next Wednesday and we’re hoping to find homes for the grandfather clock, gumball machine with marble collection, guitar and all the items that come with it, bonsai pots Dale left behind, some fossils and cave popcorn specimens, and my Christmas ornament collection. Still need to get them listed somewhere.

Getting close to the end. :slide:

It's always better to get this part of the move done. Then you can relax and enjoy the adventure! Don't pack your shorts and tees. Oh, and say Hi to John Fogarty when you see him. Love CCR.

Wow miss a few days around here and your behind pages lol...

:rofl: Welcome to my world. Lol!

Glad you found the way back. We left breadcrumbs. Lol! :hug:

Toes and Tents and Timbers .. Oh my!
I love the diversity of this thread, it wanders everywhere, but still comes back to the main subject matter.
Unique!

Peace
Keith

Toes tents and timbers aren’t that far away from the subject matter, if it’s growing cannabis :yummy: ... well maybe toes... ;)

I’m just dropping in here with a question for @Chris Scorpio seeing as you’re in here a bit: Those home test kits you get for testing CBD levels, what are those called? (I’m sure it’s you I remember doing that - sorry if i’m Misremembering)

:Namaste:

Toes tents and timbers aren’t that far away from the subject matter, if it’s growing cannabis :yummy: ... well maybe toes... ;)

I’m just dropping in here with a question for @Chris Scorpio seeing as you’re in here a bit: Those home test kits you get for testing CBD levels, what are those called? (I’m sure it’s you I remember doing that - sorry if i’m Misremembering)

Cannalytics supply

Toes and Tents and Timbers .. Oh my!
I love the diversity of this thread, it wanders everywhere, but still comes back to the main subject matter.
Unique!

Peace
Keith

I find such delight in the ongoing conversations in my rooms. Nothing pleases me more than to check in after a couple hours and find its zipped to another page. :battingeyelashes:

Keeping up with us can be somewhat adventurous. :rofl:

Reading through one of my favorite small books and I smile every time I come across this quote by Don Juan to Carlos Castaneda:

"It does not matter what our specific fate is, as long as we face it with absolute abandon."

I got this. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Hmmmmmm. Over 12 hours without a post here. Was there a party that I missed? Lol

My whole life is a party. Lol! :kisstwo:

A little light reading from NORML to lift the spirits:

Study: Medical Cannabis Access Laws Associated With Fewer Workplace Fatalities
Thursday, 16 August 2018

Bozeman, MT: Medical cannabis access programs are associated with year-over-year declines in fatal workplace accidents, according to data published online ahead of print in The International Journal of Drug Policy.

Investigators with Montana State University, Colorado State University, and American University in Washington, DC assessed the relationship between the enactment of medical cannabis laws and workplace accidents during the years 1992 to 2015.
Researchers reported: "Legalizing medical marijuana was associated with a 19.5 percent reduction in the expected number of workplace fatalities among workers aged 25-44. ... The association between legalizing medical marijuana and workplace fatalities among workers aged 25-44 grew stronger over time. Five years after coming into effect, MMLs [medical marijuana laws] were associated with a 33.7 percent reduction in the expected number of workplace fatalities. Medical marijuana laws that listed pain as a qualifying condition or allowed collective cultivation were associated with larger reductions in fatalities among workers aged 25-44 than those that did not."

Authors described the association as "robust," suggesting that the relationship "cannot be explained by slowly evolving, but difficult-to-measure factors at the state level such as attitudes or health behaviors."

They concluded: "The current study is the first to explore the effects of medical marijuana laws on workplace fatalities. Our results suggest that legalizing medical marijuana leads to a reduction in workplace fatalities among workers aged 25-44. This reduction may be the result of workers substituting marijuana in place of alcohol and other substances that can impair cognitive function and motor skills."

Separate studies evaluating the relationship between medical cannabis access and employment have reported that legalization is associated with lower rates of workplace absenteeism and with increased participationrates among older employees.

Other studies have documented lower rates of both alcohol sales and opioid consumption following the enactment of marijuana legalization

Now this one made me stop and consider if it’s because we’ve begun to lift the stigma of cannabis use. I’ve always assumed that much of the “dependence activity” was attributable to the underground nature of cannabis use for the past 8 decades. When you have to find it first through black market contacts it can take an inordinate amount of your time.

Then when we got it home we smoked in secret. :straightface:

To be honest, most of those dependency determinations were made by people who had a misunderstanding of the pharmacokinetics of cannabis and a need to control and judge.

Then here’s the questionable practice of “cannabis recovery programs” with a vested interest in keeping the stigma in full force.

Study: Fewer Marijuana Consumers Meeting 'Dependence' Criteria
Thursday, 16 August 2018

Santa Monica, CA: The percentage of daily cannabis users who meet the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) criteria for dependence has fallen significantly over the past decade and a half, according to datapublished in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence.
Data compiled by a researcher at the RAND Corporation reports, "[R]isk of dependence formation among heavy marijuana users appears to have declined since 2002" - from roughly one-in-four to one-in-six. The author acknowledges that this decline coincides with a period of liberalized cannabis laws, as well as an overall increase in adult marijuana use.

Rates of dependence also fell sharply among past-year marijuana users - from 13.8 percent to 8.5 percent - during this same period of time.

The DSM-IV defines cannabis 'dependence' as: failing to keep limits set on one's cannabis use; reducing one's engagement in important activities; continuing to use the substance despite ongoing emotional, physical, or emotional problems; spending an inordinate amount of time obtaining cannabis, and failing to reduce one's use despite intending to do so.

Separate studies, such as those here and here, have previously reported similar decreases in rates of problematic cannabis use among teens.

You folks talking about that iso-‘thing’ back there, does that ‘iso’ indicate isopropyl alcohol. I’ve only recently heard that you can use that to make extract - anyone here do that with ISO?
Amy, isomerization-- In chemistry isomerization is the process by which one molecule is transformed into another molecule which has exactly the same atoms, but the atoms have a different arrangement e.g. A-B-C → B-A-C is wiki talk for the word they used a lot. I'm not sure exactly what they speak of but thats it.

Amy, try attaching a pull to the zippers. I use those craft strips I use to tie the branches to the bamboo poles. I have them looped through the zippers.

You wouldn’t think such a small thing would make as big a difference as it does, but this attachment makes it much easier for me to open and close the tent. It might help you too. :battingeyelashes:
Thats a super idea. I'm going to do that. I use spray silicone on the zipper teeth too. It zips like silk after.

I think toes do belong. My trimmers went into my first little toe last year. Do I have a pic? Oh yeah IMG_2553.jpg

Back
Top Bottom