Sylstar LED Grow Light Discussion

Started with the stealth cabinet that didn't make any noise or take up space and then slowly expanded :laugh: The 2X2 is tucked away in a cupboard so that doesn't bother her but the new 2X3 in the corner of the room bugs her a bit. But she wanted the pineapple express and didn't want to wait for my GSC grow to be done so has to put up with it. Couple of weeks ago she sent our daughter up to fetch her something and she came back down asking what the black box thing making a funny noise was and why does it keep getting bigger? I told her it's like a wardrobe and it makes that noise because it does. :rofl:

I guess I'm pretty lucky really. She has seen how cannabis has helped me and knows how much I enjoy growing. She'd rather have me do this than pay street dealers for any old crap. Now she's started using it more frequently too she is more accepting and actually asks more questions about the process.

really cute story vet. made me spurt my coffee. :cheesygrinsmiley:

you spend the first half your life hiding from your parents, and the second half hiding from your kids.

@Freak Brothers , @Tomuk17 ,@Squiggle , @skunksa , @VetSmoke85.
Here we go again, it's a decent grow light this time.
Thanks for the heads up again mate..
The specs look awesome, I'm in touch with Lynn from @Sylstar.
Hopefully have something sorted by next weekend..
The wife has just said "why do you need another bloody light? You've already got one"
And I replied "because this is bigger and better"
She just rolled her eyes :eye-roll:
they just don't understand, do they ?:laugh:
It will just squeeze into my tent, even if it doesn't, I will sneakily buy a new tent to fit the light :p

Nice one just couldnt buy another light even if it was going to get refunded she would kill me.After buying 2 in the
last 3 months.
:laugh: if it was 3 handbags you bought her in the last 3 months she wouldn't complain. They can only use one at a time but more is better for them.
Doesnt work for us with lights though does it?

Nail on head all i got to say.
:laugh: if it was 3 handbags you bought her in the last 3 months she wouldn't complain. They can only use one at a time but more is better for them.
Doesnt work for us with lights though does it?
;)

Since I am stateside can't participate at this time.
If you open to US growers let me know. I have a space that can run a light this size that I'm currently running several smaller units in. Would be willing to pull the mixed assortment and run 1 unified system for lighting. My journal speaks for itself.
Okay, we will keep you in mind.

Yey!!!!! :yahoo: @Sylstar has agreed to let me test and review this awesome light. I was offered an excellent deal on it, which I couldn't refuse.
Everything will be sorted for next weekend.
So guys and gals of the fabulous United Kingdom and all other wonderful folks of this glorious planet earth , It would be an honour, if you could all Occasionally check in on the future journal of an auto white widow, featuring the sylstar GL4000a. Give the odd thumbs up once and a while and the odd bit of assistance when needed. As all assistance will be needed, I can tell ya. :p
See you all soon and thank you all once again.

Kindest regards
Squiggle

Hello 420 members,

We're looking for UK testers to test our GL4000a grow light.

Samsung LM301B, Dimmable Mean Well Driver, 450W Sunlike Full Spectrum

UK only!

Special 50%-100% refund

Need review

Are u interested?

77.jpg

Sylstar is professional lighting manufacture, focuses on LED Grow lights. Sylstar dedicates to high-quality and performance grow lights with higher PAR/PPF for indoor horticulture plants. our grow lights with real full spectrum to optimize plants' growth.

sylstar@sylstar-tech.com
Hi, I've just bought the 4000 from amazon UK and fitted it today. At full brightness, it's 300 lux more than my 400w hps! I'd be happy to test and write a review.

I just got my GL2000 and set it up today, loving it and the app! I think my 4th grow is gonna be crazy good! Here it is at recommended height for first seedlings 18”-24” have mine at 21” in pic with light dimmed to 40% again recommended. Not starting quite yet but very soon! Will give an honest review of light in journal but sure it will be all good!

6F52C4CE-2F74-40DC-B7F9-8B810F5E84B5.jpeg

FC84269C-059F-43DC-88E5-ABECD08B2829.jpeg

I note that you mention recommended distance from light to canopy and also the Bluetooth app. Where did you get this info and where can I get the app? I'll start a full grow diary when I get the hang of the process! I also noted that you speak about having the light on dimmed before the seeds have sprouted? Or have I misread this? I've always waited until seeds have sprouted before giving them light, have I been doing this wrong? Good luck with your grow and look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance!

Hi, good to see your setup. As mentioned, I have the Sylstar GL-4000 set up in my 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 loft tent (My room has sloping roof) and I'm using about 60% dimming for my Vision seeds Kosher plants that I switched to 12/12 after 4 weeks veg about 10 days ago.

0E634F7C-7004-4916-B300-AEE561297A3D.jpeg

95F20222-8F49-4040-A056-F411CE8C2188.jpeg

55CED4F8-AAB5-4E78-92BF-516F193A205C.jpeg
Looking good mate. Nice, healthy and vibrant plants.. When you get your journal going, tag me in using the @Keepontrying function.
Im using the same light as you. But a modified version, to combat the heat they put off..
See you around

I just got my GL2000 and set it up today, loving it and the app! I think my 4th grow is gonna be crazy good! Here it is at recommended height for first seedlings 18”-24” have mine at 21” in pic with light dimmed to 40% again recommended. Not starting quite yet but very soon! Will give an honest review of light in journal but sure it will be all good!

6F52C4CE-2F74-40DC-B7F9-8B810F5E84B5.jpeg

FC84269C-059F-43DC-88E5-ABECD08B2829.jpeg
Looking good mate

Looking good mate. Nice, healthy and vibrant plants.. When you get your journal going, tag me in using the @Keepontrying function.
Im using the same light as you. But a modified version, to combat the heat they put off..
See you around
Yep, nae idea how to do that yet! Ha Ha, when I asked for any advice, I didnae think I'd need the tech equivalent of tying my bloody shoelaces!

@Keepontrying Sounds like you have a Scottish accent? Go to this link> HERE <and open a new thread. Where it says thread title, Just put your title in of your journal, whatever you want to call it, hit the return button and then post your first page , which is exactly the same as writting in this thread.
To tag some one in. Just use the @ symbol, followed by their name

Back
Top Bottom