ThatBoyDean's Simple Grow

I'm in too. Glad to catch it almost from the beggining. I was wondering how u plan on dealing with the heat while in bloom? May and June get hot out here? Also the JTR is potent if u grow it right. I can't remember being that high. Someone gave me an eight of th jack the ripper to twist up and after 3 joints I didn't feel safe to drive home. I had to sit like an hour. Has a strong lemony smell to. Can't wait to see what u do with that. What killed ur Jack Herrer mom?

I'm in too. Glad to catch it almost from the beggining. I was wondering how u plan on dealing with the heat while in bloom? May and June get hot out here? Also the JTR is potent if u grow it right. I can't remember being that high. Someone gave me an eight of th jack the ripper to twist up and after 3 joints I didn't feel safe to drive home. I had to sit like an hour. Has a strong lemony smell to. Can't wait to see what u do with that. What killed ur Jack Herrer mom?

Yo BWC BayArea happy you made it, there's not much you've missed so stay tuned and enjoy the rest of this journal brother

Anyway i live in the uk if you have not noticed and temps should remain stable enough for me to complete this grow with out any heat problems.

Thanx for the heads up on the JTR, it looks like a sure bet i'll be getting a pack shortly. Sadly my Jack Herer and many of my mothers were lost in a raid :shhh: but luckily i had some of my other prized mothers elsewhere! its just a shame about the JH...

Metal halide to High pressure sodium

DSC06034.jpg

As mentioned yesterday i changed my bulb from a Mh to Hps, the switch was made on friday night when the lights went off and i set my digital plug In timer to 12/12 also!

I decided to give my ladies 24hrs of darkness before the new light regime because i wanted to adjust my lights on period to be at night. This is not the usual way i induce flowering but i had a look at them this morning and they have responded well with exploded growth, they're growing so vigorously now its unbelievable...:riskybusiness:

Tent Adjustments Made

I also had to make two light baffles for my passive intakes because when i done my checks today there was light leaks coming in, happy i spotted it on the first day...:;): I will post a few pics of them in a couple of days so you all have a clear picture in your head and will be able to make your own if needed.

TBD

Re: Nutrients

Here are some of the nutrients i'm using!

I will be getting some Epsom Salt and Bat Guano during the week to complete the nutrients list for this grow and will give a full update on my ladies saturday coming...

Nutrients6.jpg

Hi Dean ,how do you like the bio bizz ? is that all you use for bud cycle or do you use additives like big bud? Nice plants BTW, BC :ganjamon:

Hi BC grow and welcome to my journal.

I find Bio bizz okay and all you really need is grow and bloom when using it IMO. I've had many good harvests using just that.
But for this grow, other than what is in the picture i'll be using some Plagron bat guano NPK 6:15:3

Light Baffles

Okay as mentioned before i had light leaks coming in through my passive intakes and it needed resolving fast!

So i :hmmmm: then had a :idea:, quickly looked around me and grabbed a few items that was in sight, cardboard, duck type and some paper i then constructed a simple design that would block the leaks coming in without a restricted air flow! these light baffles literally took me 5min to make...

Hope this helps any that have had this little problem with grow tents that are in a bright room, where light is difficult to block out from windows or lights that need to be turned on for whatever reason...

DSC06041.JPG
DSC060521.JPG

TBD

Weekly Update!

Things have been running quite smoothly and im into the first week of flowering with no major problems! Plants where flowered between 7 and 8 inches and now all stand just over 12 inches tall, growth has been rapid with lots of flower sites begging to appear.

Here are some pictures of during the week i'll post some of how they look now, this evening or tomorrow because the lights are off now...

DSC06030.jpg

DSC06025.jpg

sure looks like a uniform canopy developing, considering it has 3 strains. you gonna do anything with 'em or just let 'em grow?

Hi BK hope all is good today... :ganjamon:

There's only two strains brother! 8 Lemons and 1 Blue cheese that is in the middle. If you look on page 1 post 12 you'll see

The Blue cheese was topped and now has three main colas growing, the lemons have been untouched! but everything in the tent will be getting a trim during the week, mostly the under growth that receive little light...

what the hell is wrong with me??? I did just look back and read that...I don't know how I made that error. I also read about the sog method...I just...I don't know man. I'm pushing 40. I guess that's old enough to be senile.

Good morning people, its a new day!

Day 10 of Flowering

Its been 10 days of flowering i can't believe how fast the days have gone, the girls are doing fine and received a light pruning awhile ago! Mostly the undergrowth that was getting little light.
The canopy is now more opened up, with good air circulation underneath

Nutrients Mix

At the moment they are being feed 5ml of fish mix, Bb Grow and 10ml of Bb Bloom per 10 liters of water... :riskybusiness:

p216.jpg
p119.jpg

Great space management TBD :goodjob: N they look healthy as heck :yummy:

+rep for the light leak fix :blushsmile:

They look healthy but do look very scrawny/skinny compared to a lot of strains dont they? Obviously a trait as you clearly know what you are doing.

what the hell is wrong with me??? I did just look back and read that...I don't know how I made that error. I also read about the sog method...I just...I don't know man. I'm pushing 40. I guess that's old enough to be senile.

I need some of what your smoking BK, sounds like i'll be able to forget my troubles... :laughtwo:

Great space management TBD :goodjob: N they look healthy as heck :yummy:

+rep for the light leak fix :blushsmile:

Thanx Dro... :riskybusiness:

You guys are getting me scared now! i'm still in my 20's lol

Looking nice Dean not stretching to much .. BC

Not to much, been keeping the light at 12 inches away and have kept my night temps around 10f lower than days but they still got this week to level off, thanx for passing by BC and enjoy today brother... :ganjamon:

They look healthy but do look very scrawny/skinny compared to a lot of strains dont they? Obviously a trait as you clearly know what you are doing.

Hi 3lions, happy you decided to stop by and hope your enjoying my journal so far... Here's a little more info on this strain!

Lemon Skunk is a cross between Original Skunk and Citral i have a more sativa dominant pheno, it almost looks pure! but stays kinda short.

CITRAL
Genetics for this strain come from the Hindu Kush mountain region near the village district of Chitral.
Citral produces a mellow herbal taste, very good yield and hard buds.
For larger yeilds, grow relatively tall before changing the photo period.
The aroma from the buds is fresh, almost like fabric softener.
The buzz is an interesting cerebral experience despite its indica heritage.

Original Skunk
Skunk No. 1 was the first true stabilized hybrid to enter the Dutch Cannabis greenhouses. Sacred Seeds created it in the late 1970s from Afghani Indica, "Acapulco Gold" Mexican Sativa and Columbian Gold Sativa.

For the first time this strain provided growers with the good taste and high of a sativa coupled with the quick heavy flowering of an indica. Having been successfully stabilized, Skunk No. 1 has been widely used as a breeding parent for most of today’s leading "skunk" and many other strains. It is very easy to grow and has always been seen as a standard against which others can be measured.

It produces dense buds varying in colour from light green to golden with a very high yield. It is easy to manicure due to its high bud-to-leaf ratio. It has a sweet smell and taste with a cerebral high.

Thnak thatboydean, I do like looking at all the different strains etc very cool. so much choice nowadays, when I were a young 20 year old whippersnapper there seemed to be about 3 choices.

If its skunk based of course you will need some good odor control ;-)

Back
Top Bottom