THC and Heat

harryhampster3rd

Hi, guys.
Heat, will kill the THC and stress the plant into thinking it is going to die.
so, it will try to grow new buds, delaying the finish.

Do not grow in SUMMER. you are wasting your money and
your power bills will skyrocket. Losing battle - fucking global warming is causing summers to last five months now. longer..

lights on at night, off during the day.
easier to maintain temps too.

If your plants are looking whiter at the top buds. caution.
light too close, will bleach the buds and cause the plant to go into
SAVE MY SOUL MODE. It will try to finish and ripen up,
but the heat will, cause it too much stress.

You do not need to feed or water the plants as per manufacturers instructions,
otherwise you will have over fert plants, harsh and taste like grass.

think of nature, without global warming.

Most of seeds from banks and breeders are for hydro only.
pick an auto strain for outsides always and
small height ones for indoor grows and
do not put a fucking 600 watt HPS in a tent 2mx1.2x1.2
unless you have an eight inch fan, scrubber and hood, you
will toast your plants.

Pick a dimmable transformer and use 50% 300 watt , 75% for
veg and flower stages. 450 watt. less heat, less bud,but more certainty .

Iv Grown all the way through summer this year had the odd heat problem but you can easily manage heat issues, iv been using 3 600w HPS lights running at full 1800w in a 4x8 tent and a 4x4 tent with 2 600w HPS lights in and they both run at 23-26c, im also in a house without AC and all of my room temps were 25-33 this year, as for extractor fans iv ran an 8" on the 3 600's and a 6" on the 2 600's, cool the room the tents are in and the tent will quickly follow, iv had the best results of high THC results than ever before and all iv done is cool the room the tents are in.

Close the windows, add ice in bottles in front of table fans, extract your pipe out the nearest door/vent or window, its also important to have a dehumidifier or similar in the room the tents are in too, high humidity can help temps increase, my room is 11ft x 18ft with 2 tents in, not a lot of space to move but air flow is good.

Trust me for someone that has suffered the past 3 years growing with heat issues and causing my plants to sometimes hermie, become airy or just in general a poor consistency of bud, this year has been not only the hottest but actually the most educational for me in terms of controlling heat, iv tried everything from cool hoods/tubes to 2 extractors and multiple intakes, @Cultivator helped me conquer it and honestly it worked, before those lights turn on you need the room an easy 15-20c (lower if you can without the tent falling below 18c), as soon as you turn 2 600's on in a 600w the temps will rise between 3.5-4.5c, that brings you up to 23-25c, add another 600w your then at 26-27.5c, so once your 2 hours in and continue to cool the room down, with a few fans in the room circulating air (not forcefully moving it, ie desktop fans or anything up to 6", the tent will then drop to around 24-26c or maybe more.

Im now on day 170+ of working this method and i will admit i think i may have had up to 5 times the temps been at 29c but this was due to me not paying attention or forgetting to turn extractors back up after working on them.

I must say there is some strains out there that absolutely hate heat one bit, Super Skunk for one of those or in fact anything with those sorts of genetic background i have found, a select few of Hazes cope with heat well and you can still produce some great buds in unhealthy conditions, Northern Lights is a very hardy plant, i love the strain, the only problem with heat and NL is the THC degrades badly and a lot faster than any strain iv grown, Critical copes very well as well as produces big yields, no idea on any of the funky strains thats out there at the moment as im more of an old school genetics grower, simple, effective and been proven to work since day one.

The heat of this planet is only going to get worse so we just have to make the most of what we can, enjoy the ride and conquer challenges one at a time together :).

I trust the government. The Trump administration recently came out and stated there is no point in regulating any emissions because we have gone too far. The government claims we can only impact a drop in the bucket in America and no one else is doing anything either. Europe refuses to stop what is happening. There is not enough time now to fix this according to the government. They say we are going to loose Florida and much more in about 3 generations...according to the federal agency report from about 3 weeks ago.

So just get high and enjoy it. You wont be here when it implodes anyway.

The only thing you can do to help is not breed. And the best part is then your offspring wont suffer!

Back
Top Bottom