The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

I currently have a 4inch intake with the 6 inch exhaust out ... I read on multiple occasions it's better to have slightly less on the intake then out . Do you run 6 in and 6 out ? If so how does it work out for you ? Thanks for the help !
Hi :ciao:
I do run 2 - 6” fans, the one for intake (at the bottom) and another 6” clip on, in the top port for my out take.
I use a 16” fan directed at the back of my tent, for my air circulation around my plants. I keep all fans running throughout my grow.

This system is working great for me , keeping 4 Girl Scout cookie plants healthy, while running 2 - 600W LEDs, temperature averages 77F. :thumb:

Hi all.. new to the group . Just purchased my first set up . I have a 2 in 1 tent ..my main area is 4x4 ... I am running a 6 inch exhaust fan with around 440 cfm with carbon filter going out. 4 inch inline fan with around 190 cfm for intake with a 6 inch oscillating fan . My light is a 2000 led cob system with a 408 actual draw . I currently have everything set up without plants inside. My meter is reading 85 degrees f when light is cranked and humidity only 27 percent ... I would love if anyone had some insight as to how to fix my problem . Trying to achieve 76 to 80 degrees and 50 percent humidity. I have a humidifier on the way and a 16 inch stand fan as well . Hoping that helps . Would really prefer to not run ac unit . Worst case I think is to upgrade to more powerful 8 inch exhaust fan. Temperature outside of the room is 71. Thanks for any input!!

For starters no fan moves the amount of air printed on the box after you attach a carbon filter. The output drops between 30-60% depending on the fan/filter/duct assembly. So don't base your math on that. Unless your tent has undersized passive intakes or you live in a hot climate without AC you wont need an intake fan. A properly sized and installed exhaust fan will do just fine.

Not all fans of the same diameter are equal. The little inline booster fans for example and no more powerful than a table fan. A centrifugal moves a fair bit of air but doesn't handle high static pressure as well as a mixed flow. The motor torque and blade/impeller pitch make a huge difference in performance.

I run two 4x4 tents with a single 8in hyperfan and no intake fans. Loaded with about 1.2 kwh of quantum boards.

Temperature of the air outside the tent obviously makes a huge difference, if your bringing in 65° air it takes a lot less than if your bringing in 70° air. It also effects how much the tent cools on its own by transferring the heat through the tent walls into the surrounding air.

I usually hold around 6 degrees warmer than the air in the room. If I crank the fan full blast all day it will get to about 3°f above room temperature.

First time grow ...have bubba kush 2.0 from Humboldt clones on the way ... I purchased the set of 3 nutrients bottle from general hydroponics ... flora grow floramicro and florabloom.. have the nutrient wand to measure and make sure I'm not over feeding ...is there any other nutrients I should be adding or do these three cover the necessities? Any helpful knowledge is much appreciated ! Thanks all

Here are pixs of my 4x4 grow tent with 2 315lec grow light . Grown in soil

Attachments

• 20200417_175720.jpg
    20200417_175720.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 233
  • 20200305_140516.jpg
    20200305_140516.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 230
Hi guys I also grow in a 4x4 and thought Id get some views on my next(3rd) grow. I have just purchased a 6 pot (3 gallon each) system from the bucket company and using a HLG 550 V3 Samsung Quantum Full Spectrum 3500K Light. I plan to grow in all six pots. Is it doable?
I'd say yes, but pics would help!

Hello everyone! New to the site, some very informative posts around here. Figured I'd give a short rundown of my 4x4

48"x48"x80" Vivosun Tent
480w Kingbrite LED
400 cfm exhaust with speed control. Plants are still semi-small in veg, so no carbon filter hooked up yet.
1 Genesis clip-fan for circulation. Works surprisingly well for my needs, haven't even used it on high yet. Will get another when they get a bit larger.
2 4x4 Scrog nets that attach to the corner poles. Haven't used it much yet, but it's a lot easier for my lazy ass than tying branches with LST.
1 3.5L humidifer that I doubt is really necessary but it does help with humidity a lot. Refilling once or twice a day can be a pain though so sometimes I just let it go empty.

Have 4 plants in there this run, it's my first grow in over a decade, but with the net they should fill out the tent in due time.

Running soil now, will probably switch to Promix next since it has a lot of good reviews when mixed with my nutrient, Megacrop.

Quick question. I have my 4x4 tent in a room about 8x8. It's in the basement, no exhaust vents in the room itself. I've kept the door open a few inches so far, but would I be alright closing the door while exhausting the tent inside the room? I'd open the door at least once a day, but I'm unsure if there would be enough fresh air for that.

Pic was from yesterday, monster cropped clones.
20200428_191759.jpg

Hey guys correct me if I’m wrong but think I have made another rookie mistake. Starting to build my new setup and realised I probably should have my reservoir, that’s the black tub on the right, outside otherwise it’s going to be crammed and awkward?

Attachments

• FE6A3351-F35C-4EA8-A7FB-8378A1787E8D.jpeg
    FE6A3351-F35C-4EA8-A7FB-8378A1787E8D.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 157
I’ll take that as a yes guys. The only thing I was concerned about was the temp outside the tent, coming into winter shortly, and the solution would be cold as opposed to being inside in a temperature controlled environment. As I was of the understanding that the temperature of your feeeding/watering solution did matter a little bit?

I’ll take that as a yes guys. The only thing I was concerned about was the temp outside the tent, coming into winter shortly, and the solution would be cold as opposed to being inside in a temperature controlled environment. As I was of the understanding that the temperature of your feeeding/watering solution did matter a little bit?

Lower temperatures are much better than high for nutrient solution. As long as it's above ≈50°f your ok.

Same tent yesterday, this setup has a 480m3/h exhaust fan that pulls air from active carbon filter and the cooltube out of tent. And passive intake. 2 clipfans and a scrog net. Plants are in coco/perlite mix. Its a working and easy setup.
20200520_115635.jpg
20200520_115459.jpg
20200520_115649.jpg
20200520_115538.jpg
20200520_115512.jpg

Same tent yesterday, this setup has a 480m3/h exhaust fan that pulls air from active carbon filter and the cooltube out of tent. And passive intake. 2 clipfans and a scrog net. Plants are in coco/perlite mix. Its a working and easy setup.
20200520_115635.jpg
20200520_115459.jpg
20200520_115649.jpg
20200520_115538.jpg
20200520_115512.jpg

I would dump the cool tube.

Back
Top Bottom