The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

Hello, very first grow here. thought id throw some pictures of what ive got so far and see where i stand. ive got 1000w hps/mh in a 4x4 apollo with a 6in ventech 440cfm fan hooked to a speed controller pulling thru a carbon filter. the little box is something i just now put together it has 4 2ft T5s. i am starting in FF OF mix and hand watering 4 plants in this tent.
20160228_200507.jpg
20160228_200456.jpg
20160228_200429.jpg
20160225_111412.jpg
20160225_111331.jpg

digging the rubix cube cabinet!

no doubt that setup will serve you well; you should start a grow journal when you get things going!

Thank you, amazing what you can build with leftover in the basement. Haha. I'll look into doing a grow journal but I planned on waiting until I finished the room the tent is in. I've got a blueprint drawn up for an 8x8 flower room and 8x4 veg. I'll use the tent for clones and mothers and the cube for seedlings more than likely. I'm stoked to get started!

Here's my first grow setup. Just finished it tonight. I'm planning on adding another 300 watt LED that'll make 600 watts which for my area is 200 watts more than I need (25 watts per square foot). It's a 4 x 2 tent and I'm doing 5 white rhino plants with a SCROG. I got foxfarm, seaweed extract, some Mykos, a germination greenhouse to start my clones. I have a charcoal filter with a 6" inline centrifugal fan, reduced to 4" with the pipe going out the top. I got my smart pots for when the transfer is ready and I'm super F'ing excited. Am I missing anything? Any help or suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

6c662bbd0b3f677b82cd4cc4225179b3.jpg

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using 420

Nice tent setup. Why are you using a reducer for your exhaust?
:popcorn:

Ah...understood. I'm sure you know using a reducer make your exhaust work harder and less efficient. I'm sure you are managing your temps and air flow very well....but if you struggle the reducer is the culprit. Best wishes

cut 'er open down the middle and duct tape 'em together into a 6" pipe

:thumb:

make sure you get some WD40 in there.. :rofl:

I would like to join the 4x4 Tent Club, however, I have a little bit of a problem. The area that I would like to put the tent is only 74" high. Does anyone know of a 4x4 tent that is under 74" tall?

Thanks!

Off the top of my head, no, most 4x4 are 6' tall or more.

i PM'd you a link.

anyone else interested, its the SJ DARKSTREET 120x120x185

I would like to join the 4x4 Tent Club, however, I have a little bit of a problem. The area that I would like to put the tent is only 74" high. Does anyone know of a 4x4 tent that is under 74" tall?

Thanks!

Only one I found that was close was a Mars Hydro 3.3x3.3 x 5'11 high

I just upgraded to a 4x4, from a DIY box.
I have 2 Jack Herer autos, 41 days old, and 2, same strain, 14 days.

My new 300w LED was just hung today.

I am waiting on some Durban Poison autos, from Dutch Passion. 2 of them will be going in 5 gallon buckets asap.

I have made, and hopefully learned from, many mistakes on the older girls. I have high hopes for the future!

20160302_155622.jpg

Peace.

That look pretty lonely in that big tent, but it will be filled soon

what do you think kingsnake? it popped last night. how long do i keep my lid on before hardening and removing completely? it has stayed between 78*and 83* and 95-99RH
20160302_201049.jpg
20160302_201046.jpg
20160302_201038.jpg
20160302_201028.jpg

i think everyones got a bit of a different way they go about things at this stage, but generally you just open the lid up a couple times a day and every day leave it off longer and longer till its sitting around 50-60-70%ish or roughly till the first set of leaf tips pop out? and by then she should be pretty hardy. You just don't wanna go from 90% RH right into 50-60% or she might not like it too much.

gotta ease 'er into it ;)

personally, i started in 16oz cups with plastic wrap on the top and a couple teeny holes poked in it, opened up for like 5 mins twice a day for their first week, and by then they hit the plastic wrap so i took it off. I wasn't able to track the RH in the cups being such a small space, so i gauged it by the amount of moisture on the plastic instead, adjusting until there was less and less droplets and then i was like.. "sure, looks good.." haha..

99%'s pretty high RH, prob wanna make sure you open the vents on that lid a little bit to get a bit of airflow, then every time you take the lid off or a while, open the vents a teeny bit more to increase it and that should do you well.

Never used a prop dome before tho, so if someone else wants to chime in on this one, that'd be super!

Well I got my lights today

Nice! that will no doubt serve you well, congrats.

Caneye - nice scrog unit you've got there! i've been considering building a set of those for my next run after seeing Arteekay and Jaybizz's handiwork. How do you like it?

Back
Top Bottom