The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

These grow wild next to my long driveway. I haven't a clue what they are called. For some reason these remind me of the Bio Raptor creatures in the movie "Pitch Black" with Vin Diesel.

pitch_black1.jpg

pitch_black_2.jpg

Pitch_black_3.jpg

One end of my pond. Last evening I watched a Doe walk down the pond with a freshly newborn fawn. The little ones legs were still wobbling as Mama used her nose to push it in the pond for a swim. The little one swam around a bit and got out. Her legs were not wobbly anymore, and Mama cleaned her up. I love watching the wildlife that a source of water provides for.

pond2.jpg

I can see how memories of "the winter from hell" fade away when you spend time outdoors now, Canna. Rico beat me to it on the chive identification. You've got a bunch of 'em. Throw some in into your magic butter machine with some trim and light olive oil and make yourself some tasty canna-chive oil for bread dipping!

I can see how memories of "the winter from hell" fade away when you spend time outdoors now, Canna. Rico beat me to it on the chive identification. You've got a bunch of 'em. Throw some in into your magic butter machine with some trim and light olive oil and make yourself some tasty canna-chive oil for bread dipping!

Oooh, that sounds delicious! I'm going to do that.

Congrats on your MOTM nomination PeeJay!
:thumb:

Simply beautiful! This is my first year being self sustained as far as food goes. All the chemicals and bio engineering just scares me to death anymore. I had no idea you could eat the flowers off zuccs! Thanks you! I hope your mister is cool with me sending you a flower of my own.

And what a beautiful flower that is. :)

Kudos on being self sustained on the food. I have enough property to do that, I just don't have the time to dive into it. You are right, the junk on and in our store bought food is scary.

:circle-of-love:

Well, I feel so much better after updating my grow that I thought I would update here too.

My Pergola and back yard are about have the sweetest, most calming aroma. These Honeysuckle can light up a person's life with their smell. This will start bringing in the humming birds, hummer moths, various bees and all kinds of other critters to watch.

The pergola was built two years ago around an existing deck and I started to train the honey suckle to cover the top the first year. It's truly amazing how much they are starting to form a canopy on the top already.

On with the pics:

hs42.jpg

hs53.jpg

hs310.jpg

The misfit twins:

hs213.jpg

This one looks like a ladies gloved hand is about to reach down and touch the other flower:

hs116.jpg

Absolutely incredible thread that you have put together.

I am in awe! :cheer:

Thank you so much Lester. Hopefully members can feel calm and relaxed here for years to come, wherever I may be. LOL

Feel free to post something here if you like. You have an absolutely awesome off topic thread yourself.

I have a big turtle hanging out in my pond, every time I see it I think of your friend there.

:thumb:

My heart healthy think walk this morning produced some photo opportunities. It was extremely humid this morning, so I couldn't stay out there too long.

First of all, here is where I start my exercise walks. This is a power line that is on my property and it goes about 30 acres back. I used to jog this, but with trying to keep my weight on right now I just walk it to get blood flowing.

power_line.jpg

Here are some things I found this morning. Seems things change daily, there is always something new to look at.

Wildflowers:

Wildflower11.jpg

Critters:

grasshopper1.jpg

caterpillar11.jpg

caterpillar21.jpg

And this is back at the yard in a planter:

planter_plants.jpg

Back
Top Bottom