Okay, following Mick's recipe except I used Almond extract, here's my Canna Caramels cooling:

Canna_Caramels_cooling.jpg

I sprinkled coarse sea salt on it per Headys' pics too. YUM

Looks awesome Canna! :bravo:

Don't be afraid to over salt.....the more salt the better. :goodjob:

on the counter room temp.....NOT in the fridge, that is so hot it will spoil whats in your fridge.

I usually wait 25 mins or so before adding the salt because when hot it sinks into the caramel.

By waiting, it gets a slight skin on it but the salt still sticks

Also, the thicker the batch in the pan the better results to get soft chewy results.
Mine are about 2.5 inches long x 1/2" x 1/2"....my batch and pan makes 1/2" deep or so.

Fast cooling and thinner will be slightly brittle/hard

After cutting and wrapping I store in fridge double ziplocked to keep other flavors from soaking into the wax paper.

Great Heady, I have them cooling on the counter as I thought I should. I believe mine is about 1/2" thick, so good there too. And it smells awesome. Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions!
Later I'm making Canna 'Smores.
When I'm in cooking mode, it usually takes up a whole weekend. LOL

:bravo:Awesome Canna, Don't forget to give us a taste review. :thumb::peace::circle-of-love:

Hehe. Ok canna, I see I started something.. Something good I hope. My only edible recipes so far, are caramels and ginger molasses cookies. Pictures and Recipes coming..:peace::circle-of-love:
Reps for this one.

I got the ingredients for molasses cookies today and the cannabutter is making in the magical butter machine as I type.....:high-five:

Here you go canna, You need a really good candy thermometer as temperature is critical.

Ingredients:

1 cup cannabis butter
2 ¼ cup brown sugar
dash of salt
1 cup light corn syrup
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla (I prefer cherry extract!)

Directions:

Melt butter; add brown sugar and salt. Stir until combined. Stir in light corn syrup. Gradually add milk; stir constantly. Cook and stir over med heat, until candy reaches firm ball stage (245F), about 12 to 15 min. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, pour into 9″ by 13″ pan. Cool, cut and wrap.
:peace::circle-of-love:

OMG! if I would not go in to a diabetic coma I would be in the kitchen right now!!!

Okay gang, we have a cannabis cooking challenge.....I'm going to try to make the caramels and send pics over the weekend..
who wants to try the molasses cookies and send pics of the completed?
We need volunteers! :cheer:
This would be great fun if we did this once a month or so....

Well since I just got back from the store and I went to buy ingredients for molasses cookies I guess I might as well. Wow... really I didn't read this before I left.......:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Party...Party....Party! Feel like I'm having one today with all the taste testing I've been doing. LOL
Here's one more completed item for the day, Canna infused Olive Oil
I start with about a 28-32 oz. bottle of extra virgin olive oil, the stems from my harvest cut into smallish pieces and about 1/4 Cup of good ground trim. Put it all in the crock pot and set it on low for 6-8 hours stirring around a couple of times during the day.

Canna_Olive_Oil_Crock_Pot.jpg

Then strain it through something very fine, I actually use a section of nylon hose. LOL
I don't want any tiny stem pieces or sludge in my oil. It came out very very clear this way:

Canna_Olive_Oil_Strain.jpg

Let it cool and back into the original bottle marked "Canna Blend". ;-) I keep it in the refrigerator so it will last longer. Before I use it, I take it out and leave it to get to room temp. Sometimes olive oil thickens up when you refrigerate it.

Canna_Olive_Oil.jpg

My caramels are all cut, there's a LOT of pieces there. LOL I will wrap them tonight and send a pic tomorrow with the No Bake Cannabutter S'mores. Those are cooling now......

.......as I head for the freezer to see if I have anything in a bread that will substitute for Bruschetta, cuz I want some grilled garlic Bruschetta and tomatoes drizzled with my special olive oil!

:bravo:Awesome Canna, Don't forget to give us a taste review. :thumb::peace::circle-of-love:

These taste great, I can taste the butter...but did not taste anything weedy at all. The salt is a perfect addition, and the texture was just like I expected it to be. They were just soft enough for chewy without being too hard.
I ate two large pieces. I had a nice head high for a long time, with a tingly body feeling that took my sore back completely away. Now it's a body relaxed, comfortable feeling and it will be a good nights' sleep for sure.

And on a side note, if you decide to pour your caramel into a foil lined pan...DO NOT FORGET to spray the foil with pam or grease it in some way. I completely forgot to do that. When they were cooled I couldn't get the foil off. I finally decided to pop it in the freezer for a few minutes and I was then able to peel it off. WHEW! :phew:

Back
Top Bottom