Wish I had enough good trim to make butter tomorrow.

I was just gonna make it tonight but I don't have enough butter :(

I'll get all the ingredients tomorrow...so I'll probably make the caramels on Monday or Tuesday

I have a couple questions though...can I make the caramels in the oven?...if so, what temp? 245?....also after they are cut what are they wrapped in? Wax paper?

Thanks for any help. :high-five:

These taste great, I can taste the butter...but did not taste anything weedy at all. The salt is a perfect addition, and the texture was just like I expected it to be. They were just soft enough for chewy without being too hard.
I ate two large pieces. I had a nice head high for a long time, with a tingly body feeling that took my sore back completely away. Now it's a body relaxed, comfortable feeling and it will be a good nights' sleep for sure.

And on a side note, if you decide to pour your caramel into a foil lined pan...DO NOT FORGET to spray the foil with pam or grease it in some way. I completely forgot to do that. When they were cooled I couldn't get the foil off. I finally decided to pop it in the freezer for a few minutes and I was then able to peel it off. WHEW! :phew:

Nice Canna :)

I was just gonna make it tonight but I don't have enough butter :(

I'll get all the ingredients tomorrow...so I'll probably make the caramels on Monday or Tuesday

I have a couple questions though...can I make the caramels in the oven?...if so, what temp? 245?....also after they are cut what are they wrapped in? Wax paper?

Thanks for any help. :high-five:
I don't think you can do caramel in the oven, it takes constant stirring over medium heat to get the butter integrated and the sugars going correctly. I'll pop around on the internet and see if people do it somehow though.
Wax paper is what I used for wrapping. Just cut squares big enough to wrap the candies and have enough room to twist the ends.

A quick look tells me you would wind up with something like peanut brittle or a hard shell on caramel popcorn in the oven. But, I'll bet someone out there does it. LOL

I don't think you can do caramel in the oven, it takes constant stirring over medium heat to get the butter integrated and the sugars going correctly. I'll pop around on the internet and see if people do it somehow though.
Wax paper is what I used for wrapping. Just cut squares big enough to wrap the candies and have enough room to twist the ends.

A quick look tells me you would wind up with something like peanut brittle or a hard shell on caramel popcorn in the oven. But, I'll bet someone out there does it. LOL

Thanks Canna...that makes perfect sense...what type of pan should I use to cook it in?...I notice all the glass pans lined with tin foil (i have a bunch of those) but I imagine that is for cooling...sorry for the questions...I can cook canna butter, steak, eggs and frozen pizza :)...after that I have no clue :)

Thanks Canna...that makes perfect sense...what type of pan should I use to cook it in?...I notice all the glass pans lined with tin foil (i have a bunch of those) but I imagine that is for cooling...sorry for the questions...I can cook canna butter, steak, eggs and frozen pizza :)...after that I have no clue :)
Use a deep sauce pan or pot. When the mixture starts a rolling boil you don't want it going over the top, and stir constantly as the directions say. It will take 12-15 minutes to get the candy thermometer to 245 degrees, so be prepared to be stirring a while. LOL For a while it might look like the butter is not going to blend in, but give it time....it will. ;-)
Don't go over that 245 degrees, or your caramels will wind up hard and you'll have to crack them into pieces instead of cutting them. :laugh:
Once the temp is reached pour it immediately into your prepared cooling pan, it sets up fairly fast and can get tough to work with as it cools down.
BTW, my candy thermometer reads 245 degrees as "soft ball stage". I believe soft ball stage is between 235-245 degrees.

Use a deep sauce pan or pot. When the mixture starts a rolling boil you don't want it going over the top, and stir constantly as the directions say. It will take 12-15 minutes to get the candy thermometer to 245 degrees, so be prepared to be stirring a while. LOL For a while it might look like the butter is not going to blend in, but give it time....it will. ;-)
Don't go over that 245 degrees, or your caramels will wind up hard and you'll have to crack them into pieces instead of cutting them. :laugh:
Once the temp is reached pour it immediately into your prepared cooling pan, it sets up fairly fast and can get tough to work with as it cools down.
BTW, my candy thermometer reads 245 degrees as "soft ball stage". I believe soft ball stage is between 235-245 degrees.

Thank you very much for that detailed explanation Canna :)

Here's the Canna butter Caramels ready to devour:

Caramels_Done.jpg

Caramels_Done_2.jpg

As Promised, here's the No Bake Canna Butter S'mores:

S_Mores_1.jpg

S_mores_2.jpg

Instructions:

CANNA BUTTER NO BAKE S'MORES

Ingredients: (I have cut this recipe in half from my original)
2 sticks (1/2 lb. cannabutter)
16 oz. milk chocolate chips or milk chocolate chunks
1/4 C. light corn syrup
8 (1 pkg.) Graham crackers broken into small pieces
6-8 oz. mini marshmallows
You will need 1 large bowl, microwave safe and heavy spoon to stir with. Also some cooling pans. I use disposable aluminum pans from the dollar store. I can reuse them as needed, and after cooling the treats pop right out of the pans. Or you can use a 9 x 13" baking pan greased or lined with parchment.

S_mores_3.jpg

Place your chocolate chips and butter in the bowl and microwave for 20 second intervals, stirring each time to distribute the heat and mix the ingredients. No more than 20 seconds at a time, as this keeps it from getting too hot all at once. If you get the chocolate too hot it will seize up on you and that is NO FUN. I find it takes about 4-5 20 second intervals to get a good stirring consistency. Here there are still some chunks, but as you stir they will melt. Stir until you have a glossy chocolate. This will take some elbow grease, don't cheat it. You want it glossy!

S_mores4.jpg

Now add your Light Corn Syrup and mix it in well.

S_mores5.jpg

Reserve 1/2 C. of the chocolate mixture to pour on top of your treats after getting them in the pan.

S_mores6.jpg

Now add the graham crackers and stir it up well.

S_mores7.jpg

And finally the mini marshmallows and stir them in well

S_mores8.jpg

Now quickly transfer to the cooling pan(s) and pat down to evenly cover the bottom. These should be about 1 to 1 1/2" thick.
Pour the reserved chocolate mixture over the pans to cover any areas that are thin. I like to pour it along the edges first. If the chocolate gets too thick you can put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and stir it up.

S_mores9.jpg

Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate till set a few hours, or I usually leave mine overnight.

S_mores10.jpg

Anybody want to lick the bowl? LOL

S_mores11.jpg

The pans make it very easy to remove the treats, I just pull the sides a little then they go upside down and it drops out. Then I turn it over and cut them into my desired square sizes.

S_mores12.jpg

S_mores13.jpg

ENJOY! Don't eat too many at once!!!

Last of the cooking for the weekend.

We all know about those pizza mixes in a box that kids seem to think are excellent treats. Let's kick them up for adults, shall we?

Chef Canna-rdee Pizza

Chef_Cannardee_Pizza.jpg

Start with one boxed pizza, I actually have a double pizza box. Mix the dough according to the package directions. When it says to drizzle a tablespoon of oil on the dough and let it sit, use the canna infused Olive oil.

When the dough is ready, prepare your pan by spraying it lightly. Spread your dough out and then sprinkle some Canna Olive oil on it.

Pizza1.jpg

Now the only thing I think the packaged grated parmesan that comes in the box is good for, is to soak up grease or oil. So I sprinkle it over the olive oil to soak it up a bit before I put the sauce on. Then a little on the sauce too.

My can of sauce has been mixed with about 1/8 c. of fine ground trim.
Spread it on the dough. Then add black or green olives, pepperoni, a few torn basil leaves. And anything else you like.

Pizza21.jpg

Then your cheese. I used mozzarella and some colby.

Pizza3.jpg

Bake according to box instructions, till crust is browned and cheese is bubbly.

I ate 3 pieces of this. I'm rockin!

that don't look like trim.... It looks like bud. I had to use bud as I don't have any trim yet........ Bet Canna's trim is better than my buds right now but I will be with ya soon Canna. This batch was exceptionally good though..:thumb:

It's popcorn bud and frosty sugar leaves :)....I did 2 OZ's to a pound of butter :)

image6887.jpg

:thanks:
Ooohhh...that budder is gonna be so good...and potent I'm-a-thinkin' :)
I'm still rockin' on that pizza. I guess the canna olive oil still works on me. :cool:
I have plenty of good things to snack on all week now. :slide:
I invited LadyJane420 over here. She does a LOT of baking and cooking with cannabis from what I've seen. Can't wait to see some of her recipes if she has time to share them.

:thanks:
Ooohhh...that budder is gonna be so good...and potent I'm-a-thinkin' :)
I'm still rockin' on that pizza. I guess the canna olive oil still works on me. :cool:
I have plenty of good things to snack on all week now. :slide:
I invited LadyJane420 over here. She does a LOT of baking and cooking with cannabis from what I've seen. Can't wait to see some of her recipes if she has time to share them.

Awesome Canna...you have done so much to help and share in such a short period of time...growing...fabric pot making...canna cooking...breeding ...to name a few...you need to be MOTM very soon...Thanks for all the contributions Canna. :thumb:

Awesome Canna...you have done so much to help and share in such a short period of time...growing...fabric pot making...canna cooking...breeding ...to name a few...you need to be MOTM very soon...Thanks for all the contributions Canna. :thumb:
:thanks: Jay. You have me blushing dude. LOL
When I go into something, I go ALL in. (I used to win a lot of poker tourneys. LOL)

Back
Top Bottom