The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

High Brix Q&A With Pictures

the link to doc buds high brix page,, all five thousand of them,, pages that is,,,:trance:

found, of course,, by searching google and finding the 420 link,,

Thanks Nivek! I read through quite a lot of that before. It felt like the train had already left the station, and everyone else on board seemed to know where they were going. I pm'd Doc B as well, a few months back, and he pointed me to "the link in my signature, "How to use the High Brix kit".
I'm not sure why I haven't seen the basic high brix summary yet. It's obviously there somewhere. I admit, I'm just being lazy by not having much time, and being too rushed to dig deep enough. Also thought a real basic description might be a nice addition at the beginning of the journal.

I have a question for the gallery.

I'm getting ready to place my order for the fan and I'm not certain the company is legit. Anybody ever do business with HydroGalaxy.com? If you were going to invest in a fan and filter and had to buy it online, who would you do business with?

Thank you Darkgrow for the strain information. :love: It was a bit of an overload on me yesterday.

you are just so darn adaptable aren't ya?? wow,, no straight and narrow for you,,, great stuff indeed,,,:cheer: i'm big time likin yer stylin,,that tent is going to burst at the seems i can see that,, it is cyinc,, and you a fine cyintst,, and now a real labooratoory to play cyintst in,, enjoy sue,, wow,, :cheer:

Thank you so much nivek. I'll certainly do my best. This all came at me kind of sudden and I'm still trying to get used to it. Yeah, never was much for playing it safe. :laughtwo:

Weaselcracker, here you go.

Brix is a reading of the carbohydrate/sugar content available in the aqueous solution of the plant's sap. The assumption is that the higher the brix reading the healthier and more nutritionally dense the harvest, and the testing bears this out.

Dr. Carey Reams determined a connection between the use of available Calcium and available Phosphorous in the soil to increase plant immunity, resistance to disease, and better tolerance to insects and pathogens. He taught that a more perfect soil environment could be created that would consistently lead to high brix produce. It's his findings that have been used to create the idea we call high brix.

If I understand correctly the amendments and teas included in Doc's kit are designed to stimulate the microbes in the soil to behave in particular ways, more or less on command, to create desired plant effects, as in developing healthy root zones, intense flowering and our all time favorite around here, extreme trichome production. There, that's the dummy version. From a cannabis point of view it means stronger, healthier plants covered in trichomes and incredibly potent and tasty, all achieved with little effort or stress by following a regularly-scheduled process of drenches, teas and foliars.

Nivek gave you the link to the Q&A. Have I helped you at all? More importantly, from the HB guys, did I get that right?

Thanks Sue! I did read some of that in the past. And I'm totally impressed with the results and know it's a direction I want to go in when I'm able to
The part I always missed is-
What is the kit?
It's a collection of ingredients which Doc has put together and is available to buy from him?
Ie- what's step number one. I love reading - just trying to find page one... :love:

great explanation sue,, thank you,, first time i have understood anything about what 'everyone' is talking about,, i looked,, and looked,, but ,, now i need not,, least till i pursue further,, cheers sue:Namaste:

Thanks Sue! I did read some of that in the past. And I'm totally impressed with the results and know it's a direction I want to go in when I'm able to
The part I always missed is-
What is the kit?
It's a collection of ingredients which Doc has put together and is available to buy from him?
Ie- what's step number one. I love reading - just trying to find page one... :love:

Yeah, I forgot that part Weaselcracker. (Blush) Doc went to the trouble to figure out how to package the kit to meet the needs of your average cannabis grower. He not only supplies you with the ingredients and the guidelines, but that Q&A thread is an ongoing support system for anyone using the kit. That kind is service doesn't come any other way. It's not just a "follow the directions and color inside the lines" kind of support either, because Doc himself is always working to find ways to tweak the kit for better results and some of his customers (DrZiggy springs to mind) also dabble in experimentation, so you never know when something new will come along.

Its relatively fool-proof Weaselcracker. I haven't run a cost comparison yet, but my sense is that it's probably comparable in price to what I spend for amending the no-till LOS. One of these days I'll have to do that cost run.

Why thank you nivek. Let's see what Doc thinks.

The Kit is to be used with Pro-mix HP myco and some wormcasting you have to find and buy.
It is enough for 6 x 7 gal and soil can be reused several times.

Pro mix is just Peat moose and Doc ad minerals ect that are missing and spray for foliar feeding.

Pretty fair description I'd say and I been reading docs journal for almost a year now. Doc Bud offers an incredible service. He won't hold your hand if you are lazy but he will always try to answer an honest quest for knowledge. Doc Bud gets two thumbs up for service.

Its the easiest way to grow super high quality cannabis. Ive been at it for almost 2 years now. You can check any of the kit gangs journals and see whats up. Potm notm and poty nowadays are mostly kit products :)
Check my journal. Im on 3rd round soil and my plants look better than ever! :)

Ok got it. Thanks. Kit available from Doc Bud. I've been dreaming of this for a while now, I see how lovely the results are. I use promix now not sure why, since my whole immediate landscape is a giant peat bog, lol

Ventilation/Filtration

Orders are placed. By next weekend we will be able to close the tent up and let 'ER rip!

Went with an Ostberg 6" fan.....

image23807.jpg

.....and a Can 33 carbon filter. I also got the necessary flange to connect them and a speed controller.

image24956.jpg

Next week is going to be very interesting around here. It's been a bit surreal, doing all this on my own. In the 34 years we've been together Dale and I did everything side-by-side. Even as recently as a couple months ago that was the norm. Sometimes I wonder if it bothers him that I've become so self-sufficient. Change is good Susan. ( Breathe girl, breathe)

Now I can concentrate on getting my house back under control. This place is an absolute mess. I'm stepping over and around so many things I'm beginning to feel like a lab rat in a maze. It's gotten so out of control that it looks like my mother's place, and she was a hoarder. Eeeeekkk!

image24955.jpg

This is the bud I baked for Dale and I today. It's the very last of the harvest other than the top colas from both plants. They're off limits until Dale comes home. I thought about only eating half today and saving the rest for later, but I hate that desperation mentality, so I decided to go out with a bang and ride a sweet high that celebrates the incredible taste of freedom that harvest brought. Wasn't it just yesterday that Graytail and I were laughing about having jars of it available? That was before things went so haywire with Dale.

It's going to be rough on Dale and our daughter. That harvest was helping to keep both of them in a healthier state of mind. Thank goodness I'm working on a solution that makes this the last time we should expect running out to be an option.

It was a great run. I'm looking forward to having jars full again. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom