The VipersNest Continuous

tent update sorry for the bad pics today
001364.JPG

011215.JPG

012185.JPG

013188.JPG

before going 12/12 I drain and refill with plain water and then shut the lights down for 30 hrs
after 30 hrs I drain and refill again and nute to 600 (plus whatever is in my water, my well is 225 ppm. I do not factor that in)
I then follow the feeding schedule that is listed in my signature.
thats how I do it....you can do it many ways but after 8 cycles Ive got it tuned to my liking

is it true that in the dark period the plant release their nutes? ive been told if you check the ppm at night it will be higher because the plants dont up take nutes but release them. if so then it would be a great idea to leave them in the dark before pulling them to get some cleaner bug right? i know they say 24hr increases the thc but even if it dosent it would be nice to have cleaner buds.lol

is it true that in the dark period the plant release their nutes? ive been told if you check the ppm at night it will be higher because the plants dont up take nutes but release them. if so then it would be a great idea to leave them in the dark before pulling them to get some cleaner bug right? i know they say 24hr increases the thc but even if it dosent it would be nice to have cleaner buds.lol

I really dont know....I can check that easily. they def grow in the dark though

Thanks again for the dark period information....makes sense.

picked up my first 1000 HPS today. 120.00 for a "light bulb" does make one hesitate for just a second. But I would rather be up front with my dismay then all sad and weepy after a less than potential grow. thanks for the clarity. back at it.

ok...is 7000 lumens per foot good?

source mj.com

Technology has advanced so much in the last 15 years that we are constantly refining the process and updating what we know works best for growing. Current theory holds that the minimum amount of lighting needed to sustain growth is around 2,000 lumens per square foot. Mid range is around 5,000 lumens per square foot. Optimal is 7,000 to 7,500 or higher lumens per square foot. How Many Watts Do I Need? The general rule of thumb for providing light for an area is a minimum of 30 W per square foot. 50 W per square foot is optimal. You can determine the proper lighting for your area by using this formula: Watts x Square Feet For example, say you have an area of 10 square feet and a 30 W. That would mean you have a 300 W per square feet minimum. Also, remember that fluorescent’s are weaker and emit less light than an HID. This means you will need 5 times the amount of wattage to equal the output of an HID. So, 30 W of HID would equal 150 W of fluorescent’s. This is why it is advised to provide a minimum of 30 W per square foot for HID lights and a minimum of 150 W per square foot for fluorescent’s. This is all important because the light intensity will directly affect the quality and yield of your crop. If you have less than optimal lighting your yield and potency will be reduced and buds will not develop as dense. This point can not be stressed enough. You must have the right amount of light for your space to grow high quality bud.

dont think ull need the super pentrator ;)

You can determine the proper lighting for your area by using this formula: Watts x Square Feet For example, say you have an area of 10 square feet and a 30 W.

That should be "watts per square foot" - which avoids certain "little" errors. Such as:

That would mean you have a 300 W per square feet minimum.

Your source must have had a hashish moment:grinjoint:.

And now you got me thinking....dangerous...8" pandafilm lined PVC tube around an Autoflower with a single 42 watt CFL dangling in the tube with air come up from bottom...what is the watts per square ft...and reflected light, you just keep your fans trimmed in a circle that fits the tubes... and stagger them for penetration...wonder what that would do.

:peace:

Humm might be a summertime alternative instead of a hot HPS in hot areas.

Wanna hear crazyness...market a mini hydro bubbler that fits a light aluminum tube that is reflective inside and has a socket and a mini computer fan that is light ducted (no light in or out, just air), have 8" 10" and 12" and have bulb choices. The unit could have it's own built in timer and you can purchase an alternative air pump...

This thing could be marketed to home MMJ users with a basic care package and nute packets.

If attractive enough they could sit anywhere around the house. Could market a side by fan/carbon scrubber that mounts with a hood and maybe an over case cover so it looks like a display cabinet.

Ok I rambled edited enough....

That should be "watts per square foot" - which avoids certain "little" errors. Such as:

Your source must have had a hashish moment:grinjoint:.

Heh. Saw that too. I wonder if the formula calculated how many lumens per square foot rather than watts per square foot.

And now you got me thinking....dangerous...8" pandafilm lined PVC tube around an Autoflower with a single 42 watt CFL dangling in the tube with air come up from bottom...what is the watts per square ft...and reflected light, you just keep your fans trimmed in a circle that fits the tubes... and stagger them for penetration...wonder what that would do.

:peace:

Humm might be a summertime alternative instead of a hot HPS in hot areas.

Wanna hear crazyness...market a mini hydro bubbler that fits a light aluminum tube that is reflective inside and has a socket and a mini computer fan that is light ducted (no light in or out, just air), have 8" 10" and 12" and have bulb choices. The unit could have it's own built in timer and you can purchase an alternative air pump...

This thing could be marketed to home MMJ users with a basic care package and nute packets.

If attractive enough they could sit anywhere around the house. Could market a side by fan/carbon scrubber that mounts with a hood and maybe an over case cover so it looks like a display cabinet.

Ok I rambled edited enough....

If you line a tube with a reflectant film, make sure that film isn't flammable. Even a floro can get hot in a cramped space and especially if the bulb is pressed against the film (assuming a CFL here). Matte white surfaces are plenty reflective and assist in scattering the light better than mirrored finishes.

Interesting idea though on the grow tube. Another member of 420mag, OBXGardner, did a grow where the roots were in PVC tubes and those were set into a DWC tub. I wonder if some of those ideas could be combined with your tube idea into integrated grow tubes? :smokin:

more clones for GF's tent....Im not running these strains after the next grow is finished.
Barneys Pineapple Chunk from Seedmadness.com and BC Godbud are on the way...650 g.mrt..I need a heavy producer like that and the Godbud I did before (8.75oz plant and 2 5 oz plants)
I think I got my clone game down....I love that there is no dome, no leaf trimming.
updated tent pics...they are coming nicely

02564.JPG

02756.JPG

02091.JPG

017122.JPG

016126.JPG

015150.JPG

damn pit thats a nice lookin jungle you got there. im not sure how to give rep. points but i would if i could.

thanx..press the lil cauliflower button

Back
Top Bottom