Sunshine On A Brainy Day — PS Dwarf Star Lights Up My Life

I've got blood, fish & bone meal in there as well as a few other amendments. Volcanic rock dust, gypsum, mycorrhizae fungi and chitin crab meal. That should give the girls everything they need to do their thing .

*Wowwowowowowzers, that sounds like quite the recipe. The more fish oil the better, helps with the brain stuff. So glad you're back on track. Do you feel like you got a good handle on your health now? to balance with the grow? Proud of you for starting, it's the hardest part and leads to the fun times. ;)

Catch up time

*good luck...lol.

Really good advice for brain patients...

Microdosing Cannabis: 5 Reasons Why Less Is More

Call it conscious consuming or mindful marijuana, microdosing cannabis could play an important role in the future of healthy consumption as part of the legalization of adult use cannabis in Canada.

Microdosing certainly changed my approach to cannabis. Instead of consuming any old joint passed around in a social setting, I make careful choices based on my cannabis knowledge in order to achieve the goal, or intention, I have set for that day.

Microdosing cannabis is effectively looking for the minimum effective dose. In other words, what's the smallest amount of THC you need to consume to achieve the results you desire?

I'll explain this further by sharing the five reasons I microdose cannabis.

1. Microdosing complements and enhances my active lifestyle

Stoner stereotypes need not apply. Cannabis is part of my healthy lifestyle that focuses on optimizing my mind and body through clean diet, self care and regular exercise.

By microdosing carefully chosen cannabis strains and products, such as Indica oil drops, I am able to achieve muscle relaxation and recovery and a deeper night's sleep without feeling lethargic in the morning.

For daytime activities or in a social setting, I mindfully select cannabis products and strains that are known to be more energetic, my go to being sativa oil drops or a sativa-dominant vape pen. By consuming the smallest amount possible, usually for a pick me up in the afternoon, I am able to get a boost in energy, creativity and focus while avoiding feeling high or anxious.

This type of cannabis consumption is complimentary to my exercise routine. It has required some experimentation, but for me, cannabis has become a reliable pre- and post-workout supplement.

2. Microdosing allows me to experiment with symptom relief

Microdosing the ideal strain of cannabis can help to boost my mood when I'm feeling down, melt away stress and bring calm to my racing mind.

I've also been experimenting with microdosing cannabis for mild pain relief throughout the day. When I start to feel the onset of cramps or a headache, I try microdosing THC, in combination with CBD (the non-psychoactive compound) to find relief without the high. I have found success with this technique and have dramatically reduced the need to take over the counter painkillers monthly.

I did consult with a cannabinoid educated doctor before self-medicating with cannabis. They made suggestions on dosages and wisely suggested to start low and going slow to find that the sweet spot unique to my tolerance and desired effect.

3. Microdosing delivers more consistent results

By being mindful and aware of how many milligrams of THC or CBD I am consuming, at any given time, I am able to adjust and/or repeat these result with much more success than if I just consumed cannabis at random.

Besides the active compounds (cannabinoids and terpenes) and other ingredients that might be present in each cannabis strain or product, other factors at play might affect your cannabis experience. This could include your tolerance level, your mood and intention, the method of consumption, any alcohol consumption, what you've eaten and so on.

When starting out, I found it useful to keep a journal or digital diary of the different cannabis strains and products that I tried. This was to remind myself of the different effects each session induced and in what environment I had sampled them.

4. Microdosing reduces my likelihood of over consuming

Ever regretted getting a little bit too high? Microdosing cannabis allows me to find that sweet spot where I'm not overwhelmed with the euphoria from THC but I'm able to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the active compound.

Finding this sweet spot, also known as self-titration, has taken some personal experimentation. Part of the challenge, is that it's difficult to measure exactly how many milligrams are consumed during some of the more traditional methods of consumption such as smoking and vaporizing. I favour oil drops and capsules where the consumed amount is clearly identified and measurable on the packaging.

This ideal dosage is very personal, so what is effective for me may provide no results for someone with a much higher tolerance. It's possible microdosing may actually prevent the buildup of a cannabis tolerance. With any new product I always start low and go slow to carefully measure the results.

5. Microdosing is easier on the wallet

This doesn't require much explaining! By consuming small amounts of cannabis, my cannabis supply lasts longer and I'm spending less. (I am no longer spending money on pharmaceutical painkillers so that is an added bonus.)

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE .

Full Article: Microdosing cannabis: 5 reasons why less is more | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly
Author: Bethany Rae
Photo Credit: MaryBeth Lafferty
Website: The Georgia Straight, Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

Interesting article. Thank you for sharing it. I see you formatted it for your beautiful brain. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I diverge from the mainstream, in that I promote a dosing that includes 3-4 regular doses a day, and vaping for breakthrough. Most of the members I interact with have more serious concerns than micro-dosing a couple times a day will cover.

Cannabinoids only circulate through the system for a short period of time - 4-6 hours is the accepted number - before they're either broken down and eliminated by enzymes or hiding out in fat cells. To keep a constant cannabinoid presence in the fluid systems of a body with an already stressed ECS it makes more sense to dose four times a day, in my mind.

I personally make certain I'm more than micro dosed for my own exercise sessions. Lol! Before and after. Lol! I understand I'm not your average consumer, but then neither are most of the membership.

When tolerance concerns arise, the simplest way to respond is to either switch to a different strain for a couple days or change administration methods. All this time and I've not really developed a tolerance problem, that I can determine. Lucky me, because that 6-day desentizitation protocol is one I don't relish repeating. :straightface:

*Wowwowowowowzers, that sounds like quite the recipe. The more fish oil the better, helps with the brain stuff. So glad you're back on track. Do you feel like you got a good handle on your health now? to balance with the grow? Proud of you for starting, it's the hardest part and leads to the fun times. ;)

*good luck...lol.

I'm still struggling with my health tbh soul sista, and haven't really been able to make much progress.

I probably have a bit but I'm an overachiever and am not used to having the energy of an 80year old grandma. (No offence to any awesome grandma's out there)

I know that the Medical Mass will help turn things around and I can start creeping up that ladder. ...

Interesting article. Thank you for sharing it. I see you formatted it for your beautiful brain. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I diverge from the mainstream, in that I promote a dosing that includes 3-4 regular doses a day, and vaping for breakthrough. Most of the members I interact with have more serious concerns than micro-dosing a couple times a day will cover.

Cannabinoids only circulate through the system for a short period of time - 4-6 hours is the accepted number - before they're either broken down and eliminated by enzymes or hiding out in fat cells. To keep a constant cannabinoid presence in the fluid systems of a body with an already stressed ECS it makes more sense to dose four times a day, in my mind.

I personally make certain I'm more than micro dosed for my own exercise sessions. Lol! Before and after. Lol! I understand I'm not your average consumer, but then neither are most of the membership.

When tolerance concerns arise, the simplest way to respond is to either switch to a different strain for a couple days or change administration methods. All this time and I've not really developed a tolerance problem, that I can determine. Lucky me, because that 6-day desentizitation protocol is one I don't relish repeating. :straightface:

*really great information, thank you for sharing. Pivotal to ones' healing that's for sure. I'm going to make a "sleepy" time oil because my current batch is very energetic and I rest there with a fast brain, roledex of memories, click click click.

*I've never thought of making different oils for different times. Now that I have made one batch, it's got me thinking creatively now. Very inspiriational. SweetSue

I'm still struggling with my health tbh soul sista, and haven't really been able to make much progress.

I probably have a bit but I'm an overachiever and am not used to having the energy of an 80year old grandma. (No offence to any awesome grandma's out there)

I know that the Medical Mass will help turn things around and I can start creeping up that ladder. ...

*I know where you are, you are not alone. I promise you it will all change for the better. Your energy will be renewed. I feel like this process is about crossing the desert searching for that oasis. We are dragging ourselves through complicated but compassionate processes that are gruelling and painstaking. All because the suffering has to stop.

*So I applaud your effort to get off the starting line. The meds you are growing, will get you to that Oasis, if you can just hang on long enough.

I thought I decided on what would go into veg next - now that I'm caught up to Kushy Kush harvest time in your journal, I'm reconsidering.

Wish I hadn't missed some of the earlier discussions G2HM - are you and your husband playing any PS4 games now? I try to squeeze gaming in when I can but haven't done much this summer. I really enjoy it though and I think the right game is fantastic for the brain. I'll be getting Destiny 2 in a couple of weeks though and will be playing that in the fall! I have a group of adult gamers I connected up with online, so we have a weekly Destiny night where we meet up online and play for 2-3 hours.

If you liked Skyrim and haven't yet played it, I would recommend you and your husband give Fallout 4 a try.

I thought I decided on what would go into veg next - now that I'm caught up to Kushy Kush harvest time in your journal, I'm reconsidering.

Wish I hadn't missed some of the earlier discussions G2HM - are you and your husband playing any PS4 games now? I try to squeeze gaming in when I can but haven't done much this summer. I really enjoy it though and I think the right game is fantastic for the brain. I'll be getting Destiny 2 in a couple of weeks though and will be playing that in the fall! I have a group of adult gamers I connected up with online, so we have a weekly Destiny night where we meet up online and play for 2-3 hours.

If you liked Skyrim and haven't yet played it, I would recommend you and your husband give Fallout 4 a try.

*Did you find my grow useful to you? What were your findings regarding KKush? I'm curious...

*I gave the recommendation to my husband, we are not even half way through The Witcher, or is that even possible, but it's on the list. The lights are gnarly to the eyes, but the decision making in a moments notice, makes it palpable. So yah, I totally agree with you on all counts...;)

Your grow looked amazing! The frost was incredible. Mine is still far from finishing but it's really nice so far. I want to run something different, but I don't want to lose KK if I find I love it. So I think I'll plant 4 seeds as my next group to go into flower, but I'll clone KK and keep it alive so I don't lose the genetics. If it comes down to it, I have a propagation tent with T5s I can use to keep it alive.

I still have a ways to go in The Witcher, need to get back at it eventually. I love playing Gwent, so I've been trying to beat all of the merchants and build up my deck!

I can relate to the 80 yr old grandma feeling. During chemo treatment I told people I felt like an 80 yr old man. Then I got a text from my mom about her day skiing at Sun Valley (and to ask how I was feeling.) She's 80. I couldn't tell her I felt like I was 80, so I added 10 years. She started calling me 'Pops' so I stopped doing that and settled on feeling like crap, which is a lot easier to heal from than being 90.

Speaking of healing, you're going to love Medical Mass. The high THC strains took out the cancer, but it was Med Mass and Dance World that healed all the crap from chemo. Well, most of it, still a work in progress, but making progress every week and doing what I need to do to keep getting stronger.
:Namaste:

I'm slowly getting there G2HM .
420-magazine-mobile1039908916.jpg

I can relate to the 80 yr old grandma feeling. During chemo treatment I told people I felt like an 80 yr old man. Then I got a text from my mom about her day skiing at Sun Valley (and to ask how I was feeling.) She's 80. I couldn't tell her I felt like I was 80, so I added 10 years. She started calling me 'Pops' so I stopped doing that and settled on feeling like crap, which is a lot easier to heal from than being 90.

Speaking of healing, you're going to love Medical Mass. The high THC strains took out the cancer, but it was Med Mass and Dance World that healed all the crap from chemo. Well, most of it, still a work in progress, but making progress every week and doing what I need to do to keep getting stronger.
:Namaste:

*I love when you share parts of your story, I miss that, great dose of hope and inspiration.

I'm slowly getting there G2HM .
420-magazine-mobile1039908916.jpg

*OHMYG....I'm so excited for you. <drama> I was practically crawling to my kitchen to make that oil.</drama> But so worth it. Here is a picture of my settings, which is opposite of the what the instructions say.

*But I must have read like days and days of research, and all the people who actually tried it,
said that 8 hours is THE way to go. And the middle setting for heat. I can't remember the exact number.
There will be noise when you start it, and the decarb will smell up your entire house, but worth it.

*You are on the cusp of oily happiness...;)

IMG_2321aE.jpg

You'll love the MB2

*Have you tried it yet PW? Curious of your experience too.

I'm excited! Just need to have a stay home day without company lol.

*Yah, not something to do with others around...outsiders...lol. It's an oil cult...yikes

*I know what you mean. It's kinda crazy. That's why this site is the closest thing to REAL, for me. It's the balance to my other life. ;)

I live here. There were days I was on the site 20 hours out of the day. I think I've only logged out a dozen times in three years.

I live here. There were days I was on the site 20 hours out of the day. I think I've only logged out a dozen times in three years.

* Yes I understand that, but if you had a terminal degenerating disease, your other life is the medical system, that you can't do on the internet. You wouldn't be logged in if you were having scans done every 6 months. You wouldn't be logged in while you're in therapy, occupational therapy and CBT Classes. We have completely different lives despite our common love for healing.

Otherwise, I meant this place is my home while I drudge up the courage to keep up all my appointments. It's not a choice as in your case, it is...with peace and understanding, I'm happy you're healthy, I don't have the luxury quite yet, but you're helping me/us. Thank you.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom