Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/Autos For Medicinal Purposes

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

Those are the nodes of your plants where branches can grow that produce tops and colas

Excellent pictures and educational info!

I love :420:! I'm always learning something and this forum is a place I feel very comfortable to ask questions. The people here are great and very friendly.

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

Took some paper notes today about the girls height and width. Mainly because I'm adding an active humidity system, instead of passive using towels. Forgot about the one we had when my son was a baby. Just turned on, Rhode was 41 and temp 77 (after 15 min worth door open). I'm going to check about 5pm today.

My manly, intimidating humidifier.....
CAM00493.jpg

im in!!! :goodjob: i grew a nlxbb and got a huge yield from it and i had no idea what i was doing back then lol.

I will add pictures in my next post. at the suggestion of my friends following, I have increased the humidity in my room. the high now reaches 85% at some point (per gauge). my girls have had a sudden jump in growth with in the last 24 hours. with a hempy, once the roots hit the resv it is said that they have greater growth. the weight of my buckets have not changed. if I tilt them I still get run off and the medium is still damp (this was also the case before the introduction of the cow). I can say with certainty that higher humidity DOES help these plants. seeing is believing, and I have seen the light:cheer: ! I measured my ladies before I introduced the cow. I measure from the soil to the highest part of the plant, usually the tip of the highest leaf. I measured width from tip to tip of the largest leaves. I have leaves, that measure a greater width but they are brown and dying from a too early dose of nutrients.

NLBB#1 before the cow was 1 3/4in high, and 2 1/2in wide.
after the cow she is 2in tall and 3in wide
an INCREASE of 1/4in in height and 1/2in in width.

NLBB#2 before cow was 1 1/8in high and 2in wide
after the cow she is 1 1/2in high and 2 3/4in wide
an INCREASE of 3/8in in height and 3/4 in width

Ms Mango before cow was 1 1/8 high and 2 1/2 wide
after cow she is 2 3/4in high and 3in wide
and INCREASE in over 1 1/2in in height and 1/2 in width

now, these number certainly will not blow you socks off. but to me, this is a sign that I AM making a positive difference. I was really bummed out about the nute burn and felt their growth has been so subtle and so frustrating. since the only difference has been the humidity, I believe that this alone is the reason for such a growth increase in one day

:cheer: Yay me! :cheer:

1413219617242.jpg
1413219589874.jpg
1413219552184.jpg

im in!!! :goodjob: i grew a nlxbb and got a huge yield from it and i had no idea what i was doing back then lol.

Welcome Devils lettuce, glad to have you aboard!

Colesdad, My last grow was a NLxBB Auto. Got 3 oz from her. Nice stuff and made some good Motoco-oil from her. Stopped my seizures with one rice grain sized dose a day. Check out the oil link in my signature if you haven't seen the thread. Some wonderful people there too.

Here is my girl at harvest. She was in a 1 1/2 gallon pot. Imagine how be she would have gotten with a 3 gallon pot! Hope your's is much bigger.

NLxBB_pre_harvest_B.jpg

:geek:
WJ

Colesdad, My last grow was a NLxBB Auto. Got 3 oz from her. Nice stuff and made some good Motoco-oil from her. Stopped my seizures with one rice grain sized dose a day. Check out the oil link in my signature if you haven't seen the thread. Some wonderful people there too.

Here is my girl at harvest. She was in a 1 1/2 gallon pot. Imagine how be she would have gotten with a 3 gallon pot! Hope your's is much bigger.

:geek:
WJ
Beautiful girl! I've got mine in 1 gallon milk jugs, hindsight yada yada yada lol.

My goal is to produce some oil, with a little puff every once in a while. First goal, solve these health issues. Second goal, get high and giggley :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good goal there Colesday. When I said I hope your's is bigger, I meant the harvest... But your gallon milk jug should be bigger next time if possible. Bigger pot... bigger POT!

Good fortune Brother!

WJ

Ok, maybe I havea problem. I've been watching closely for the last 48 hours because, as you know, I added the cow (humidifier). My rh stays between 80-89 percent. I have a 3 hour dark period, so assume the low rh is during lights off. The old growth with nute burn is going to be ugly and eventually die off, so I'm not concerned with those leaves appearances.
The last watering was 5 days ago. The jugs are still heavy and I can tilt them and still have water runs out the holes.
I tried to read up on "upward leaf curl". I've seen that upward curl is the plants attempt to release moisture, just as they would curl under to retain moisture. I've also read that this is a sign of a healthy plant.
I've circled the most obvious, although all leaves are doing the same thing.
Happening on both strains.
+1/2 growth in both heigth and width on all three.
Any advice?
1413378948787.jpg
1413379060351.jpg
1413379153426.jpg

If you would, please tell us what the medium is that you are growing your girls in. How high from the bottom of the jug is your hole?

My NLxBB also had the sawtoothed edges. She was trying to get rid of some of the water in her system. I believe that to be a natural process, as it didn't have any negative effects on the plant, only effects were on me. I just thought that the roots above the hole level stayed wet long after feeding so the effect was sawtoothed edges. Some may differ on reason and effect but for me it didn't cause any problems.

Hang in there. My first attempt at growing medicine was horrible. I'll never do DWC again. Too many variables. I had been doing tomatoes for years in a recycling hempy system, with great results. Never even thought about doing a hempy grow until I read about it on 420. Naturally my tomato system is not called a "hempy". Out of the first grow I got almost 2 ozs. So just hang in there Colesdad.

Good Luck!

WJ

Medium is about 80 prevent vermiculite and 20 percent perlite. The bottom is 100 percent perlite. The hole is about 1.5 inches from the bottom. I started with the seeds in rockwool cubes. The mediumm, I believe, holds too much water. I will certainly use more perlite next time. I turned the humidifier off this morning right before I posted. I just checked before I replied back. I wanted to try 24 hour and see what happens, maybe it is too humid? The cow is adjustable. My normal rh is around 35ish without the cow.

I felt my first grow medium (Pro-Mix/Perlite) was a little too slow to dry out as well. I'm happy with my current 80/20 mix but it's the opposite of yours. 80% perlite 20% vermiculite and also 100% perlite at the bottom.

You could try to bring the RH down to about 60-65% which might encourage faster transpiration. 80-85% RH seems a little high to me for rooted plants. My understanding is that very high humidity is good for young clones without roots, else 50-60% veg and 40-50% flower. I dunno, maybe I'm out in left field again :/

Good luck!
/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

I like 100% Perlite. Vermiculite holds too much water, my opinion. I grow tomatoes in 100% perlite too. I get 20-25 feet long tomato plants/vines and a hundred 1 pound tomatoes from a 3 gallon bucket, recycled hempy. For autos I suggest that nothing less than 3 gallon bucket. Autos will get as big as they can if they are in a large bucket. Stealth growing means smaller buckets, I understand, but make them as large as you can for your maximum harvest dry-weight. Is the bottom of the hole 1.5 inches? I made the mistake of centering the hole at 2". I wanted the bottom of the hole at 2". Fortunately I was able to drill a larger hole and add the bucket to my tomato garden. It worked out. Six plants rather than five.
For the RH, I'll agree with Obi. Everything I have read says 50-60% veg and 40-50% flower. Do you have a thermometer/Hygrometer that you are using? Does it display low and high readings of RH and Temp so you know what they are in lights out and lights on? That is helpful. If not, they are pretty cheap at Wally World. My flower RH is a little high but I keep watch for mold.

Keep growing.

WJ

Medium is about 80 prevent vermiculite and 20 percent perlite. The bottom is 100 percent perlite. The hole is about 1.5 inches from the bottom. I started with the seeds in rockwool cubes. The mediumm, I believe, holds too much water. I will certainly use more perlite next time. I turned the humidifier off this morning right before I posted. I just checked before I replied back. I wanted to try 24 hour and see what happens, maybe it is too humid? The cow is adjustable. My normal rh is around 35ish without the cow.

I can lower the humidity. The cow has a dial to adjust. I can adjust, so I will monitor the room and try to settle around 50 percent. I've got one of the digital therm that displays current temp and humidity, and the high/low of the last 24 hours.

Thanks a ton guys:green_heart:

i have grown the nlxbb i had good not perfect rh and temps and she always seemed to have that saw blade look. she loves heavy nutes and can take allot of stress and still yield like a best..
mine took 80 days under 20\4
gave me a little under 3 ozs dry and that didnt include the bud i cut off her to test her a few times and the popcorn . the main cola was was huge..:goodluck: with your ladies

i have grown the nlxbb i had good not perfect rh and temps and she always seemed to have that saw blade look. she loves heavy nutes and can take allot of stress and still yield like a best..
mine took 80 days under 20\4
gave me a little under 3 ozs dry and that didnt include the bud i cut off her to test her a few times and the popcorn . the main cola was was huge..:goodluck: with your ladies

So far, stressing is my specialty! Too much water, nutes too soon, rh too high, rh too low.... But they still live and grow :slide:

So far, stressing is my specialty! Too much water, nutes too soon, rh too high, rh too low.... But they still live and grow :slide:

i know what u mean .. i started 10 plants on my first grow and ended up with 4 that made it and the were stressed to the max lol..just get it out of your system now and u will be on point for your next grow!!

Back
Top Bottom