Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/Autos For Medicinal Purposes

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

My first grow was a miracle. I tried to kill her so many times. It was DWC and I couldn't keep the rez under 88 degrees. Got root rot and took her to kitchen and sprayed the roots with kitcher sprayer. Red Poison auto was the strain. She made it to a harvest over 35 grams. One long cola. And she was red. Dried and cured black.

You'll get through this, your first grow. Hard to kill these lovely girls. They know we love them. After all, it's God's medicine. Ja or what ever you call her or him. So just hang in there.

WJ

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

Your leaf damage of upward curled edges is a sign of a evaporation problem or low humidity. You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower.

Removed the leaves that were ugly. I did it to all three. I just kept watching them die slowly and I couldn't stand it any more. They were crispy on the edges and had started laying on the medium. So, snip snip. I cut them at the stem, this removing the entire leave.

Also, I noticed this morning that the "hum" from the closet sounded different. My fan, some - freaking-how, had fallen onto NLBB#2. She was laying completely flat and, in addition to the pair of leaves I cut off, she lost a healthy set of leaves also. Good news, the stem was not "bent", so I'm sure she will be okay. From the very beginning NLBB#2 was always the most sickly of the group. So as I stared at her, I had an idea. So, she got FIMMED! I know, I know, autos have a set life expectancy and nothing you do can increase their life span. But, I expect her to be a low yielded because of her size and significant nute burn, and now her near death experience with the fan. They look "cleaner" with the ugliness removed, but they are still small for their age.
2014-10-17_08_03_39.jpg
2014-10-17_08_06_03.jpg
2014-10-17_08_05_25.jpg
2014-10-17_08_07_08.jpg

Good morning and Thanks for the update Colesdad! The leaves on your plant actually look nice even if the plants are not getting so tall. I have the same offering as wildjim - My fist plant, a male I named Hazel, went through so much sh*t at my hands and just sort-of kept going... He was a photoperiod and he reminds me a bit of what you've got there:

I had to experiment with how to water and with what soil worked best so he remained quite damp and so quite small really until I had those issues sorted out. I even left him for dead and caught him turning towards the light one day. Went on to grow pretty well.

I was pondering the advantages vs disadvantages of autoflowering vs photoperiod and it seems photoperiods are more forgiving and don't have as much potential for "weird seeds or odd plants"

Keep up the motivation and carry on Sir!! :)

looking good.. the nlxbb is about to surprise u with her fast growth..watch out here she comes..

Girls are looking good. Yesterday the buckets were light, so I figured I would water today. They are nearly a month old, so I nuted today. I have a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon. They got one drop, literally a drop, I dipped the spoon in the nutes and then dipped in the watering jug. But the girls in the bathtub and watered them until I had some run off. I also spritzed with plain ph'ed water.

I'm sure the roots have reached to resv by now, but NLBB#1 is still the most aggressive. I've been keeping paper notes on height and width and iI am very happy with her. I will now be hoovering, like catman12, like a mother hen. :bitingnails:

when are you planning on going 12/12 ?

They're autos. But I looking forward to watching your freebies soon start their 12 12:thumb:

Checked them after I got home. Was looking for light colored marks from moisture sitting on the leaves, none found! When I opened the door a wonderful surprise smashed me in the face, the wonder pot smell. It is noticeable now without "trying" to smell it (I'm sure it is more dramatic because of the spritz).

Imagine, one day, walking into a store with Cologne and saying "Weed No. 5, for men, please"

Or go to Bed Bath and Beyond and ask, "do you have the room freshner Cannabis Night Breeze?"

Girls are looking good. Yesterday the buckets were light, so I figured I would water today. They are nearly a month old, so I nuted today. I have a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon. They got one drop, literally a drop, I dipped the spoon in the nutes and then dipped in the watering jug. But the girls in the bathtub and watered them until I had some run off. I also spritzed with plain ph'ed water.

I'm sure the roots have reached to resv by now, but NLBB#1 is still the most aggressive. I've been keeping paper notes on height and width and iI am very happy with her. I will now be hoovering, like catman12, like a mother hen. :bitingnails:

They are like toddlers or something, can't help from hovering because they might get in trouble and because they're so dang fun to watch!

They're autos. But I looking forward to watching your freebies soon start their 12 12:thumb:

Yes! Meeeee Toooooo! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Checked them after I got home. Was looking for light colored marks from moisture sitting on the leaves, none found! When I opened the door a wonderful surprise smashed me in the face, the wonder pot smell. It is noticeable now without "trying" to smell it (I'm sure it is more dramatic because of the spritz).

Imagine, one day, walking into a store with Cologne and saying "Weed No. 5, for men, please"

Or go to Bed Bath and Beyond and ask, "do you have the room freshner Cannabis Night Breeze?"

:party: Congratulations on your Stench! Fun times my friend!

It is fun to experience the transformation of fragrances throughout the grow. You are in for a treat!

Cheers!
/Obi Wan
:cheer:

Update

I will need to water tomorrow, I tilted the jugs and had no water run out. They have reached the resv and have grown 1/2 inch in height and width! I had light colored spots on NLBB#2 starting a few days ago, but she is the one that the fan fell on and the one I purposely pinched the top. Not sure what the result is going to be, but I have included a picture of the new growth and the spots. What do y'all think the spots are? She is the only one that has them.
I didn't take them out to take pictures, so the lovely green is not as pronounced.
The first one is NLBB#2. OOpinion on the spots?
2014-10-20_11_42_08.jpg
2014-10-20_11_37_57.jpg
2014-10-20_11_39_12.jpg

Here's a shot of NLBB#2.she looks droopy because I took this picture after pushing her leaves down to take the first picture
2014-10-20_11_38_39.jpg

Im starting to have fun and am relaxing more now because their growth is happening more quickly. It's amazing what they can do in 15hrs when they are happy! :cheer:

...They have reached the resv and have grown 1/2 inch in height and width!

:high-five:

It is indeed a great day!

:high-five:

I had light colored spots on NLBB#2 starting a few days ago, but she is the one that the fan fell on and the one I purposely pinched the top. Not sure what the result is going to be, but I have included a picture of the new growth and the spots. What do y'all think the spots are? She is the only one that has them...I didn't take them out to take pictures, so the lovely green is not as pronounced.
The first one is NLBB#2. OOpinion on the spots?
2014-10-20_11_42_08.jpg

Its really hard to tell about the spots...Do cannabis plants bruise like people?

I will tell you I try to save $$ and do not have a lot of "gear" to test things like PH and such is that...

(?) spots (?)

..Im starting to have fun and am relaxing more now because their growth is happening more quickly. It's amazing what they can do in 15hrs when they are happy! :cheer:

Yes! The mystery and nuances of cannabis happiness...

Thanks for the update and pictures - I really appreciate your plants' resiliency and your patience through out all this!

:Namaste:

hey just giving my two cents auto are bad with nutes so maybe back off the nutes and give a light flush with nlbb1 and mango k ttyl

also whats ur temps like i one of your plants theres a leaf flipping up means its hot! fan them ! lol k if u have any question hit me up @

also whats ur temps like i one of your plants theres a leaf flipping up means its hot! fan them ! lol k if u have any question hit me up @

They've had a rough life so far, lol. I nuted them way too soon. I just have given them some again a few days ago. I'm watching to see how they take to the dose. They also spent their early weeks being over watered. The humidity was very low for the first 3 weeks, I finally have a handle on that. The temp stays around 75-80, and they have a fan on them, so I feel good about the environment.
But my girls' new growth is looking good. All the leaves from birth up to 2 weeks ago are very ugly and some have been removed.
Fingers crossed, hopefully they will recover from all the abuse they had in the first 4 weeks of life :)

they will survive. i almost killed my first seedlings a few times on my first grow. to much light ,to much nutes ,drowning and who knows what else but they still made it to harvest and gave me bud!!!

Here's a shot of NLBB#2.she looks droopy because I took this picture after pushing her leaves down to take the first picture
2014-10-20_11_38_39.jpg

Your NLBB#2 appears to either have a evaporation problem or a magnesium deficiency. What is the humidity in your grow area?

I guess I do have a calcium problem. I check my nutes and calcium isn't listed as an ingredient! I took some pictures of the girls in natural light. It's hard tell by looking at pictures taken under an led so see the green. I'm discovering some black tips and the tips are curling up, I've looked around and I am certain it is a calcium issue. My hydro store is a good haul from here, so I thought I would check the two big home improvement stores for some lime. I was also looking at the calcium spray I have for my bearded dragon. It is sprayed on his food, five days a week. It adds calcium to his diet to supplement for his lack of natural sunlight. (he of course had his repti-sun tube lamp also).
2014-10-21_08_21_19.jpg
2014-10-21_08_19_49.jpg
2014-10-21_07_03_31.jpg

Here isa picture of the Zilla calcium spray ingredients. Since all are safe for human consumption, can I assume it would be labeled "organic". Can I use it on my girls?
2014-10-21_08_22_24.jpg

Back
Top Bottom