Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/Autos For Medicinal Purposes

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

WJ,
Saw your photo on Smoke Saras thread, very nice! With my SSDI income, Christmas is a 3 month budget. We love to spoil our 9 yr old. The magic of Santa Claus is so wonderful, a child's innocence is the purist form of happiness.

Thus, the reason I'm using another old milk jug for my new Candy seed. I actually started reading labels recently and discovered the truth of the Epsom salts and that the Micro is the only nute that contains calcium.
What home remedy would you suggest for a calcium supplement? And, would there be any difference with a medium of perlite/vermiculite vs a medium of just perlite?

am also growing on a ssi\ssa budget . i sold my complete last harvest to be able to step up my equipment and nutes .. its a process . ive slowly upgraded my grow to were i am now . i have things i want\need planned out for every harvest !

Re: Popping My Cherry - Colesdad's 1st Grow - Doing Hempy w/ Autos For Medicinal Purp

WJ, thank you for your insight and advice. I've made my Christmas list and Santa should be able to get me the things I need. I'll cross my fingers with using what I have now and hope for the best.

Update.
At a new record for myself. I haven't watered in 4 days! Yay for patience! Girls are doing good! Pics on a few days!

Well, this journal has come to an end.

Spent time with mom today. She suffers from terrible migrains. She has a small cluster of blood vessels on her right hemisphere and extremely high spinal fluid pressure (I know, wierd huh?). So I go home and look at the girls, knowing they were supposed to help me, the wife and my mom. I made the decision that this was a lost. I pulled them up, and just like there recently departed sister, their roots are no more than 3 inches.

These girls would have taken another month of my time last to give very little. So, I decide to invest the next month in seeing plants gro, instead of watching stagnant plants.

I will start a new journal, soon.

Here is what I have some right. I have a great light and I feel comfortable checking height and adjusting. My fan is great, variable speed and it is hight adjustable. Cow is working great and I now know what "knob marks" give me what rh. I have an understanding of nutes now, be easy on the beginning and give the plant time to tell you what it needs, the plant doesn't give a shit about what's on the bottle. Growing under led means you need more calcium. Let the plant tell you when it wants water. I'm proud of the notes I've taken, every little detail, from height and width, to what high and low humidity does to the leaves and smells.

My next grow. KISS. One hempy, all perlite, easy on the nutes and get some cal-mag.

I'll do another post in a few days just to ramble on some more :)

Here are pictures of the girls roots. I can't remember the exact number of days now, but they are about 40days old!
2014-11-05_18_00_12.jpg
2014-11-05_17_59_40.jpg

Sorry about the girls, your mother included.

When you do hempy with 100% perlite, you'll be feeding every day after your girl gets roots to the bottom. You want to get about 5-10% run off. I would try Root Riot Plugs in your next grow, I also failed with rockwool three times with DWC. When you put the seedling and plug into bucket of perlite, water the plug and seedling for about a week. Hopefully the root(s) will be down to the reservoir by the end of the week. But for a couple more weeks also fully wet the plug. I feed Rapid Start to seedlings for 2 weeks or so and then start following the GH schedule. I think you were using GH nutes, right? The nutes/water will make a pathway for the roots to follow down into the reservoir. I bought my Root Riot plugs on thE bay. Some people sell five or ten for a few bucks. That will get you started. Don't need a bunch when 2 will do for a while.
Good Luck on your next attempt.

WJ

Sorry as well to hear the bad news. Hope your mom does better soon. With what you've gained in this grow, the next will be a piece of cake. You've got your notes, and you've got your people here. Hope to see you soon.

once you get it down soilless is great
but you might consider using soil
much more forgiving for us newbies
reading and research are great but experience is the great teacher
keep the faith as once you have success you will be hooked
take care and good luck

Really nice update Colesdad - You had a successful grow because you learned so much :peace: Even though my first plant was male and I cut my grow short, I learned more than I ever thought I could about growing cannabis...and there's always gonna be more! I'd love to follow along the next round - sounds like you're making plans

:Namaste:

Just something real quick.

My Delicious Cheese Candy seed has done nothing. If it does nothing, it will be my fault. I had in a towel until she cracked open and then dropped her in a cube and it in NLBB#2s home (after I cleaned and filed with all perlite). Then after killing her sisters I found a larger 3 gallon container. So I consolidated all jugs and put Candy in the larger, all perlite, container. She had not shown herself from the cube, but by me moving her around I certainly wouldn't be surprised if she never popped out.

So I have my last NLBB seed in some water now, when she shows I will then put in a cube and start all over. Once we are a week or so into it, I'll start a new journa.

Ps. I getting a tent in about 3 weeks as a gift! So excited!

Thanks again everyone, I'll post here with a link to my new grow when it happens.

When I germinate seeds I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5 milliliters or 1 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

Well, I'm going to have them complete this journal. If my new seed pop, I'll post here so hopefully everyone can follow along!!

For the record...
Auto flowers Northern Lights X Big Big (2) And a Mango Ryder, dead. Killed at around 44 days old. All plants are less than 4inches tall, because of over watering and using nutes too soon.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Well, I'm going to have them complete this journal. If my new seed pop, I'll post here so hopefully everyone can follow along!!

For the record...
Auto flowers Northern Lights X Big Big (2) And a Mango Ryder, dead. Killed at around 44 days old. All plants are less than 4inches tall, because of over watering and using nutes too soon.

that sucks man .:rip:. nlXbb was a great plant to grow.. at-least now u have a better understanding of the vegetative growth .

subbed. looks like you had nutrient burn and you fed them after that? how's it growing? you have the light I want so I'm eager to help and see how your autos yield.

Hey Colesdad!

:blunt:

NLBB#1 has broke ground is a great pic IMO! Feel like I need to stretch a cotyledon or two just lookin'. Thanks for sharing and hope the gro is going great! Cheers!

subbed. looks like you had nutrient burn and you fed them after that? how's it growing? you have the light I want so I'm eager to help and see how your autos yield.

The last two to the party, that means you have to help clean up lol. I killed my girls. 44 days old and none of them over 4 inches tall. I nuted too soon, and over watered. Sucks. But I did learn a lot and feel even more confident going into my next grow!

I'll post a link when I start so y'all can show up before the party ends :cheesygrinsmiley:

For the record...

Looking forward to your future hoss! you'll get it and we'll watch it :) Cheers man!

Back
Top Bottom