The Z Goes Indoor - Possible SCROG - Closet Blue Dream!

Re: The Z goes indoor (possible scrog) closet Blue Dream!

Hmm not too sure at the moment i havent really got a meter for those now ill go buy on from shop tomorrow but ive got a big fan on it now to see if it was the heat... I did buy a pc fan a few weeks back which ive tried to rig to 2 or 3 12 volt ac adaptors but it doesnt seem to work whoch is rrlly quite dissapointing as it cost me quite a bit of money to get the fan+adaptors BUT now its a lot cooler buy more than 10F as its a quite poerfull fan, if no improvements tmorrow im gnna flush the soil just to be sure, thanks for your help once again icemud! :peacetwo:

I wouldn't flush, your leaves look healthy and aren't showing sign's of deficiency, to me it looks like the humidity is too low or temps too high...flushing may eliminate the nutrients that the plant currently is using to grow...and in your case, I don't believe is an issue...

Ok good that you tell me that cus i didnt realise that one... Anyway ive filled remaining "standing" room in my cupboard with plastic bowls filled with water and a lets say tropical breeze over the top of them to evaporate a little better, the braches are coping fine with the wind and ive learnt they grow even stronger roots and stems if their "muscles" are being trained but it might make LST a bit harder... Thanks again ice for your consistent help in my grow preps to you!

If the air feels really dry...like your skin and lips can feel it...chances are the plants can too.... I know here in Socal, we have been having some periods of extremely dry weather and its been creating havoc on my plants....someone suggested to me to hang wet towels in the grow area...and it works great... 1 full sized wet towel will bring up the RH by ovr 10%...may have to re-wet it a few times a day..but its a cheap humidifier!!!

Yeah my lips do indeed feel very dry but thats everywhere where I live and as its from spanish breeder it should be used to this kind of environment... i guess anyway thanks for the advice again Ice but unfortunately my grow (box) area is too small for even a towel so i just put a few cups of water filled to the top to have them evapourate and I spray the leaves 3-4 times a day to keep them moisturised BUT now i atleast have my fan working and Ive installed 2 more 6500K CFLs of 1350 lumens each which is pretty good (23W) so in total thats 6 CFLs all but one 6500K which makes it 25W + (23X4)W + 20W which makes 139W in total of near to full veg light AND I have my fan working and the door back on my box, I removed it otherwise temps would raise to +90F or +35C inside of it and thats not good. The growth of the plant has been going good except for the armpits being raised which is the only problem but other than that everything is OK. Oh and before i forget, the problem with my plant was it was in a magnesium shortage so the leaves curled up but the tips stayed green indicating a magnesium shortage :S So I bought a new fertiliser with some magnesium in it and some more Nitrogen and Potassium in it (NPK 7-4-6) pictures will be up in a sec...

gettin pretty bushy right :D
IMG_002825.JPG

Realised that this was an AC fan so i just had to connect it straight to the mains and not through an adaptor...
IMG_002921.JPG

Ok so im back with some more progress, as of yesterday i inserted 2 more CFl lights and the plant has shown significant change... to me atleast, the side branches are starting to penetrate through the holes in the "scrog" and the plant seems to like the constant airflow of 1150 rpm fan :D which is to my surprise quite loud which kinda sucks... but at least now my plants´ leaves dont get burnt as theres constant airflow on the top canopy and there is a positive air pressure inside the box, I also measured the humidity and it was extremely low, no wonder I have a soar throat and everything now cus my room isnt being properly vented and the weather has gotten much colder here so the air cant hold as much water vapour... heres a pic of the plant:
At exactly 5 weeks and 5 days :p nice numbers haha...
IMG_003120.JPG

OOOOKAAYY! so im back with some more nice pictures, I have also made some changes to my grow room, 1 ive put mylar at the bottom of the grow box also due to my bottom leaf nodes needing more light and 2 ive made my screen for the scrog a big bigger instead of 9 holes 3X3 its now 5X3 which makes 15 holes potentially increasing my yield.
6 weeks veg exactly with the screen removed:
IMG_003220.JPG

nice lookin canopy:
IMG_003418.JPG

You can definately see the indica in them from the dark green healthy colour in the leaves:
IMG_003523.JPG

IMG_003623.JPG

beautiful leaf with the main blade missing :S probably the metal from the screen pressed against it, still looks healthy though:
IMG_003723.JPG

thats all for now guys, although im in for a bit of a dilemma as there is like 10cm or 2.5 inches till the top of the plant reaches my light bulbs, so i need to know if the plant needs more branches or i flower now and it will grow a lot more, with the current nutrients in giving it it does about a new node on each branch every 2 days or so, so yh if ud like to tell me whens best to start flowering pls... thanks mark green and icemud for helping me along the way its greatly appreciated! :peacetwo:

The choice is yours, you can flower now if you want or wait. I know this is not the answer you were looking for... Keep in mind that she will stretch a bit (probably double) when fliped to 12/12. She will continue this growth for about 2 weeks and at this point the stretch will slow and buds will form.

It's hard to how much room you have left in your container before flowering...so I really can't be the judge of it, and never grown blue dream before, so not sure on how much it stretches...I probably wouldn't wait much longer, but then again, I've never grown with CFL's, or Blue dream so its really hard to comment...I would say if worst comes to worst and you run out of room, you can always supercrop during flowering with no harm... :)

Haha true it wasnt but im gnna keep in mind that if i start flowerin now then i can still keep it under the screen but if i fill it now then it might over load the screen a bit so i think ill start tonight with flowering nutes and going 12/12 from now on :D...
EXCITIINGG!! haha thanks anyways for your info mark green nice to see your still involved. :peacetwo:

OO im glad you told me about supercropping, ive never heard about that before but its seems to be an effective method to keep buds down and side growth to grow violently, especially when i flip it to 12/12 tonight, thanks ice!

Ok id like to say a last goodbye to my lovely plant while its in veg state as this is their last night with light, hehe night with light, anyway ive given her a full dose of grow nutes and half dose of flower nutes and flip the switches tmorrow night, or well my timer will do it for me atleast cus ill forget, originally i was going to do it today but I forgot... :high-five:
So hopefully the plant doesnt grow too much but enough to get those last few branches i fimmed out there to increase my yield, when it starts flowering i wont be bothering that much with it anymore and just let it be cus im going hydro DWC/drip in a bigger are with 4-6 plants hopefully and IF i have time to document that one I will, every week or so I will be updating this thread after I have flipped the switch and whenever I see progress in the plant and have questions, thanks Icemud and Mark Green cya soon!

Ok so this is my plants second day in plowering and is starting to rise above the wires and is definately growing quite a bit faster than usual, i put it onside also for the night but durong the day its getin pretty hot in there so i leave it inside in the night and outside during the day, by the way its in the growbox 24/7 not actually half outdoor half indoor haha and ill put up some pictures in a sec when i have time, actually tmorrows better cus their sleeping now... Gd night!

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Generally if the many is showing pistils while still in veg, she's trying to tell you that she's matured & is ready to begin flowering. I've got about 30 blue dream in my large tent, I will tell you this; give her an extra 2 weeks in the second phase. I'm glad to see your problems and away! You'll DEFINITELY need some air circulation in there during flower, you don't want bud rot!
As for yield techniques all I do is top one early on & then FIM with minor defoliation.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom