TheEngineer - Grow Journal #1

Thank you for this journal I will now be following your grows. I have platinum led in mind for my lighting and love watching the flowers bloom under them. (Can't wait to start my own). How tall did the auto Jack's get?

one of them was 30 inches, and the other larger one was 36 inches :peace:

the Cali Connection Original Sour Diesel was chopped today, and the weight report will be in a few days or so. that is the last plant from this quarter.

journal number 2's beans have just gone into the germ section, progress on them will continue in there.

Hiya theengineer. I've truly enjoyed reading through and catching up on your great journal which is loaded with a lot of great topics and discussion. Sincere thanks to you for sharing your efforts. Beautiful pictures and informative updates. You've got a great grow program sir. One quick question specific to your Jack Auto (and I apologize if I missed it while catching up on your journal), if I understood correctly, you started it under a 18/6 light cycle. Did you change the cycle during the life of the grow and if so when? Happy Harvest sir, looking forward to following your continued efforts. All the best to you

hey dude, I stuck to 18/6 for the duration with both of the Jacks.

oddly, they ran for exactly the same period of time, and yielded the same as the prior Jack seed from the same packet, but it ran 12/12 lighting from seed..

of you're considering autos, I would reconsider running 12/12 photo plants from seed. there will be a cotton candy and a lemon kush harvested in the new journal that are 6 foot and 5 foot respectively, are looking to pull 2 Oz's each, and they are only in 3.5ltr pots - less than a gallon in American - I won't run autos again :peace:

Heya engineer, thanks for the summary of your lighting runs w/ your autos. Very useful and interesting info and I really appreciate it. Once I have my forever garden setup, I would definitely like to run some small side by side light cycle comparisons. I think the best way to get the best data though would be to do it from feminized seed though such that it would give one the best apples to apples to compare.

:hmmmm: :reading420magazine:

Thanks again kind sir, looking forward to following your grow efforts. Cheers!

of you're considering autos, I would reconsider running 12/12 photo plants from seed.

I would reconsider anyway .. as the Gas Lantern Routine works fine when they are not auto's ;) And 6 hours of light, is a lot over a grow. I have read multiple anecdotal reports about users not noticing a difference in yield, using GLR.

Cali Connection Original Sour Diesel - [photo] 81g, P450, 5.7ltr pot, 3 weeks veg, 9 weeks flower

dunno what was going on with my maths above, but the final aggregate weight for this quarter was 14.5 Ozs, 458 draw watts, which equates to 88g/pw, which is a 35% increase on the last quarter, which was HPS.

that concludes this journal, thanks for all comments and help along the way.

mods, please feel free to move to completed journals.

the Cali SD is showing 50% humidity in the jar, so I might have dried it a little too much, which would account for the difference between actual and estimated weights. hopefully it will rise back up with a 62% Boveda pack in with it..

Given your statement, I will just trust on my boveda's :p I figure I can measure using my normal hygrometer in a larger container, and then store with packs in jars. I can not seem to find any of these small hygrometers local. Would you have a link for them ? Or a picture so I know what to look for ?

we can't post external links, but if you go to Amazon.com and search for “mini humidity meter“, and scroll down to the little circular ones, that's them :peace:

It seems like many growers under LED's (myself included) get Cal-mag problems. Just like many growers who use gavitas get nutrient issues.

Not sure what it is about the LED's. I had cal-mag issues for the first time ever this round.

Back
Top Bottom